BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

Friday, June 28th, 2013 9:52PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,346

Our Transformers Generations gallery from the Hasbro display case at the BotCon 2013 dealer room is now live. The figures on display include the Legends Class assortment with Targetmaster-like partners, the upcoming IDW style Deluxes that come packed with Transformers Spotlight comics, Triple Changers, and of course Titan Class Metroplex. Speaking of Metroplex, BBTS had a limited supply of the big guy on hand and for sale! We picked one up did a couple of quick poses. The full Transformers Generations gallery can be viewed by clicking here.

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498913)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:15pm CDT
Thanks tot he Generations line I may well end up buying more figures in one season than I have in the last 3 years combined. The only 'maybes' on this list are Legends 'Bee and Starscream, Deluxe class 'Bee (and that's a weak maybe) and Metroplex. Everything else is going to be bought on sight. I'm glad I didn't shell out a bunch during the first part of the season. Focused instead on tracking down the few remaining TRU China exclusives that I was able to find instead. Now I have some breathing room before these new ones hit retail in full force.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498918)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:32pm CDT
Excellent poses on that Metro, guys! :APPLAUSE:

But am I the only one who pictured him more in statuesque poses and covered in mini-cons? :roll: I don't know why, but Metroplex always seemed so large and massive that I feel he shouldn't move all that much, or at the very least move slowly and in well-thought-out actions.

I'm pretty pumped that the Generations line is seeing so much action! But I guess that's to be expected with the 30th anniversary around the corner!

That Megatron looks BADASS! Bummed he's a tank and not a gun... but I doubt we'll ever see a proper gun alt mode again, anyway! :roll:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498920)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:38pm CDT

Will there be new reveals later on in BotCon?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498926)
Posted by El Duque on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:55pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Can't wait to start seeing Thrilling 30 toys in retail. Thundercracker, Hoist, Trailbreaker, Orion Pax, and several of the Legends Targetmasters especially.

Will there be new reveals later on in BotCon?

Yes, there will be new product reveals tomorrow. Saturday is the big day at BotCon.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498929)
Posted by G1 Legacy on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:57pm CDT
So I take it you or Ryan just went ahead and bought one from the big-bad table?

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498931)
Posted by megatronus on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:57pm CDT
Nice poses! I knew this guy could handle some action :APPLAUSE:

Just hope I can snag the SDCC exclusive. Hope you guys keep us updated on when HTS plans on having them!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498932)
Posted by El Duque on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:00pm CDT
G1 Legacy wrote:Cool Metroplex shots lol. At least you posed his "horns" in the upright position as opposed to how the Has-Staff set him up in the glass case.
So I take it you or Ryan just went ahead and bought one from the big-bad table?

Yeah, I pulled the trigger on one. Couldn't help myself!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498933)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:04pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Will there be new reveals later on in BotCon?

Awesome, that's all I needed to know. I couldn't remember if BotCon did reveals or not.

Tomorrow will be a fantastic day for me; I love reveals, especially ones for the Classics (and other affiliated) lines! :grin:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498935)
Posted by datguy86 on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:05pm CDT
So looking forward to that Thundercracker. I have a Japanese FoC Skywarp and 'Cracker will complete me. Unless Hasbro is going to offer a Skywarp then I will feel shame.

And then buy him.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498937)
Posted by Mkall on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:07pm CDT
G1 Legacy wrote:Also, just to clarify...the glass cases seem to be missing deluxe class versions of stealth jet megatron (partnered with Orion Pax) that we saw @ New York toyfair, and no Generations Ratbat? I'm a little surprised.

Generations Megatron is in there, he's just not posted in the story, but he's in the full gallery

And Ratbat is only a Takara figure thus far. If Hasbro announces him tomorrow, then he may appear in the display area.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498938)
Posted by G1 Legacy on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:13pm CDT
@ Mkall:
Ah, got it. Thank ya sir!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498955)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 29th, 2013 @ 12:29am CDT
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498957)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 12:36am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Metroplex looks cool, but I can't believe they didn't paint his face at all. Kinda really needs some silver on there. Looking forward to new reveals tomorrow!

That's where the Takara/SDCC Metroplex comes in handy! ;)

The unpainted face doesn't bother me at all. I like the retail version of Metroplex just the way he is.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498972)
Posted by anindrew on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:00am CDT
Like a lot of you, I'm going to try my best to get the SDCC Metroplex from HTS. If it's really only $149.99 plus s+h, that's not bad at all. I'm also very curious what the Predacon Rising exclusive might be.

I like a lot of the Thrilling 30 deluxes: Orion Pax and Megatron, especially. I like how Bumblee looks, but I noticed the one in package didn't have the black stripes on his chest/hood/etc. whereas the car and bot on display did. Even the packaging shows the black stripes. I'm very curious which we'll actually see. Nearly every Bee released since the first TF movie has had black stripes, so that would be very odd if he's plain.

Can't wait to see what's revealed later today!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498975)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:20am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

That's where the Takara/SDCC Metroplex comes in handy! ;)

Yeah but I'd rather not spend twice as much to get one with a silver face. :lol: Ah well, I don't know if I have room or the budget for him anyway.

Speaking of Bumblebee, the yellow plastic they used looks pretty cheap, and his headlights are now completely painted over when they had a transparent layer before. :-( Oh well, I suppose we're luck there's paint at all. Still looks pretty good and I'll get him anyway.

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498980)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:34am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:

I'd get this mold as any other character. Not Bumblebee. I prefer my Generation One Bumblebee to be the humble, old car, not a snazzy, eye-catching one.

[quote]Thundercracker on the other hand looks pretty great. I think he actually has more paint apps than Starscream.[/quote]

Oh yeah, Thundercracker is one of the crown jewels in these images. Now if Hasbro compliments Thundercracker and Starscream with a Skywarp of their own (hopefully later on today they will reveal so), I would be so over that. =P~
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498981)
Posted by wilcosu35 on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:37am CDT

edit: nevermind. seems he does appear on the website now. wasn't there when i looked 2 hours ago :michaelbay:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1498982)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:39am CDT
wilcosu35 wrote:that metroplex does look nice, but bbts is selling them over there? sjeesh, the hasbro version isn't even on their website

I think it's a "first come, first serve" thing going on. SDCC will be doing the same thing I believe, and one of the raffle prizes for Charticon 2013 is Metroplex.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1499006)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 29th, 2013 @ 3:18am CDT
I'm just a bit confused....if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it... Of all the pictures I've seen of Generations Metroplex, the vast majority show him with white shins and shoulders, yet these pictures show he's got black shins and shoulders. Is this a last-minute change to the retail mass-release, or is this the SDCC version..?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations (1499031)
Posted by Slashercon on June 29th, 2013 @ 7:33am CDT
Why is it so hard for me to believe that Thundercracker is actually being released? :???:

Ending Soon On eBay

The Transformers Blaster and Straxus Battle # 18 25th Anniversary July 1984 NM - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 15 minutes 43 seconds
Reissue G1 TRANSFORMERS SIDESWIPE MIB STYLE 100% COMPLETE VINTAGE REPRO - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 22 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Generation One Autobot Scientist Perceptor #2 Mib Box - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 21 minutes 40 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers Masterpiece MP-30 Ratchet F/S From Japan - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 51 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN DELUXE WAVE 2 HIGHBROW MINDWIPE WOLFWIRE CHROMEDOME - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 15 minutes 28 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS SKYWARP - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 45 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Generation One Decepticon Insecticon Venom Mib Box - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 26 seconds
Transformers Reissue G1『MIRAGE』MISB - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 30 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory