Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions

Friday, June 28th, 2013 8:01PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,157

From the BotCon 2013 dealer room Hasbro product case we have images of the Transformers Platinum Line. These figures included the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock vs. Bruticus set that was mentioned at Toy Fair 2013 and a Reissue of the G1 Predacons, both in the line's signature premium packaging. Also on display were the previously released Ultra Magnus, Omega Supreme, and Optimus Prime. Click here to view the full gallery or any of the images found below:

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1498842)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:14pm CDT
Another Predaking reissue?!? Like there's nothing else they could do.

I'll be passing on them all.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1498845)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:18pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1498853)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:23pm CDT
Omega Supreme lost his claw fingers
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1498869)
Posted by Henry921 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:44pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Another Predaking reissue?!? Like there's nothing else they could do.

I'll be passing on them all.

Probably to nip in the bud those 3rd party Predakings being released right now.

Though I never owned the G1 mold, so I might just pick up this reissue...
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1498879)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:55pm CDT
So they're releasing Predaking ver 2 by Tomy? Good for those who missed the opportunity waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. :APPLAUSE:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1498894)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:24pm CDT
Bruticus is in... SDCC colors?

Wow, what a let-down, was hoping for Generation One colors. Oh well, I'm happy with my normal retail Combaticons.

Reissue of the Generation One Predacons? Interesting, but will probably cost a lot.

The rest are old news. Really want that Omega Supreme to use as Classics Omega.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1498903)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:41pm CDT
If they could just price the Predaking close to $100, I'd be all over it. I just don't see myself paying $200ish, as with the most current release. So I'm in favor of this move (especially the nice box art), but only if the price is reasonable.

Considering the Optimus was $80, and Omega $100... doesn't seem like Predaking will be too much more... :DANCE:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1498960)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 29th, 2013 @ 12:39am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:So i take it the Bruticus in the platinum set, is what the did with they left over SDCC stock XD.

I'm wondering if that's the case with Predaking too, just unsold Takara-Tomy stock. :lol: Either way, it's close, if not identical to that release. Nice. :APPLAUSE: Even has that old familiar lean, lol... Seeing as I already have 2010 Predaking though, I won't be needing this one.

Any MSRP on Bruticus/Grimlock? I'd love to have a Bruticus in less crappy colors.

Wish they'd release Omega at retail too.

That Linkin Park Soundwave looks like absolute crap. I could sort of see the appeal if it was all gold chrome, but it's not. It's 90% gross, dull metallic yellow plastic. =;

ULTRA MANGUS! :lol:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1499000)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:29am CDT
If Predaking stays close to the $100.00 range (and I can't imagine it would go much over that), I'll definitely buy. I'm not overly into Predaking, which is one of the reasons why I find no reason to buy any of the 3rd party stuff, but a full on G1 reissue of a rather rare combiner, at an affordable price? Yeah. That's a buy.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1499048)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:03am CDT
I feel cheated for buying the Takara bruticus. :sad: Paid a good $140 or so for that... and then this set comes along...

Hasbro.... :-x
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1499079)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 29th, 2013 @ 10:42am CDT
That figures! The first Prime:Beast Hunters figure that I'm actually impressed with and would consider getting and it turns out to be one that's not only more expensive than all the other Prime figures but will likely be impossible for me to get my hands on. I want that Ultra Magnus.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions (1500188)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2013 @ 1:55pm CDT
All I want is Ultra Magnus.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok