Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising

Friday, June 28th, 2013 8:41PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,414

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising subline was also one display. The line is comprised of repaints from the current Transformers Prime Beast Hunters, which will appears to be exclusively at Target. The full the gallery is available here.

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498871)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:46pm CDT
Trilingual packaging?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498873)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:48pm CDT
A subline of a subline?!?!?!?

It's a maaaaaaad-hooooouuuuuuuse!!!!!!!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498878)
Posted by Mkall on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:53pm CDT
So where are these going to see release? I want those Predacons toshfarnit!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498886)
Posted by xyl360 on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:02pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Trilingual packaging?

Yep, guess so, just like in the days of Beast Wars.

I'm definitely getting quite a few of these nifty repaints.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498890)
Posted by Henry921 on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:17pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:I'm definitely getting quite a few of these nifty repaints.


The only one I want is Cryotek the new Predaking.

Though that Optimus/Predaking two pack has some sweet coloring... :-?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498895)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:26pm CDT
That Abominus packaging looks SUH-WEET.

I'm absolutely DREADING the hell it will be to find a couple @ Target. There's no way these things will be stocked properly and in sufficient numbers. :BANG_HEAD:

I swear if I see a POACHER grab a stack of them and try to leave peacefully... :-x
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498902)
Posted by craggy on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:41pm CDT
the trilingual packaging just means they'll not have to rebox these for the Tesco european releases, meaning we might get similar release dates and the same quality of figures, rather than the US run being the initial shipment, then some months later a 2nd batch of them is made, with far more lax QC and shipped in EU/international packaging.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498909)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:57pm CDT
craggy wrote:the trilingual packaging just means they'll not have to rebox these for the Tesco european releases, meaning we might get similar release dates and the same quality of figures, rather than the US run being the initial shipment, then some months later a 2nd batch of them is made, with far more lax QC and shipped in EU/international packaging.


Wait, you mean the QC actually gets WORSE by the time it gets to you blokes??? Damn!! You have my sympathies.
You folks can also have my share of the figures too. I'll be saving a ton of cash on the Beast Hunters line. There isn't a single thing so far that has my interest and now that I've seen what they've done to SkyLynx... I'm not touching this line with a 10 foot cattle prod. This toy line insults my intelligence more than anything in the A/E/C and Animated toylines combined. That's just me though. The rest of you can enjoy to your hearts content.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498910)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:58pm CDT
I am so loving Skylynx and Darksteel. They shall join my Predacons instead of Skystalker and Grimwing.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498919)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:37pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:You folks can also have my share of the figures too. I'll be saving a ton of cash on the Beast Hunters line. There isn't a single thing so far that has my interest and now that I've seen what they've done to SkyLynx... I'm not touching this line with a 10 foot cattle prod. This toy line insults my intelligence more than anything in the A/E/C and Animated toylines combined. That's just me though. The rest of you can enjoy to your hearts content.


You didn't mention if you watch the Prime cartoon at all. If you don't, I can understand your viewpoint; they've mucked up a lot of G1 goodness. But if you DO watch the Prime show, you might be a little more forgiving. My opinion on these is a lot higher simply because of the pedigree: PRIME. That show is seriously good. I hate to say it's better than G1, but the writing alone puts G1 to shame. I can fall asleep to a lot of G1 episodes, as the writing is pretty drab and repetitive; not so with Prime.

I'd be even happier with the Beast Hunters line if they did a Skullcruncher redux! :x
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498949)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 29th, 2013 @ 12:08am CDT
That Cryo Predaking is beautiful. But as for the rest of the predacon repaints, Takara has satisfied my thirst for them. And it would be really cool to see a vehicular Skullcruncher using the Knockout figure.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498950)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 12:08am CDT
Only one I like is Cryotekfire Predaking and maybe that Abominus Pack, should hunting down the Predacon Terrorcons each individual at a time prove taxing.

The rest of them, meh.

But I'm definitely getting a Thunderclash and a Robots in Disguise Megatron off that Commander class Optimus Prime & Predaking pack, respectively.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1498976)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:22am CDT
Nice, Cryotek homage. Reminds me of this guy too, obviously because they're homaging the same character: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Cybertron_C ... ge_Toy.jpg
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1499063)
Posted by SkyWarpsGhost on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:42am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
craggy wrote:the trilingual packaging just means they'll not have to rebox these for the Tesco european releases, meaning we might get similar release dates and the same quality of figures, rather than the US run being the initial shipment, then some months later a 2nd batch of them is made, with far more lax QC and shipped in EU/international packaging.


Wait, you mean the QC actually gets WORSE by the time it gets to you blokes??? Damn!! You have my sympathies.
You folks can also have my share of the figures too. I'll be saving a ton of cash on the Beast Hunters line. There isn't a single thing so far that has my interest and now that I've seen what they've done to SkyLynx... I'm not touching this line with a 10 foot cattle prod. This toy line insults my intelligence more than anything in the A/E/C and Animated toylines combined. That's just me though. The rest of you can enjoy to your hearts content.


The US usually gets the first production runs of a line. By the time Hasbro produce stock for the other markets the molds are bound to show signs of wear.
I've had a total nightmare getting a UK/Euro BH Starscream that can stand :BANG_HEAD:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1499148)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT
So what exactly is the difference between the Predacons Rising and regular versions of Ultimate Predaking? Does anyone know?

Also the packaging for the Abominus box-set seems a little wasteful. You could fit two of them in a single box.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1499513)
Posted by SkyWarpsGhost on June 30th, 2013 @ 7:50am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:So what exactly is the difference between the Predacons Rising and regular versions of Ultimate Predaking? Does anyone know?


I'd like to know as well. All I can tell from the boxed pic is a few extra orange paint apps on his neck.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (1500196)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2013 @ 2:04pm CDT
Only want the Preds with the new names.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014