Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image

Thursday, June 27th, 2013 7:53PM CDT

Categories: Collector's Club News, Event News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 12,281

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

As BotCon 2013 figures start hitting ebay this evening, we get a look at the BotCon 2013 exclusive carded membership incentive Depthcharge. This image comes to us via 2guystoys. It's the same figure members of the TFCC will get however those will not be carded.

BotCon 2013 Exclusive Figures
Credit(s): Ebay seller 2guystoys
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498481)
Posted by opossum on June 27th, 2013 @ 8:34pm CDT
again with these repaints :-?
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498489)
Posted by RAcast on June 27th, 2013 @ 8:52pm CDT
Still love this mold, still LOVE this redeco!
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498532)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 27th, 2013 @ 10:40pm CDT
As with the MW Starscream figure, I am still scratching my head with this one. A strong "nautical" appearance (at least in my opinion) in bot mode, a trident for a weapon AND, unlike Starscream, a maritime based name yet it's a JET?!?
No, don't bother trying to explain it to me. At my age, I'm not likely to buy into the flawed logic (if any) behind it anyways. I'll just shut up and move on to the next twisted idea for a toy and try to make sense of THAT one. :???:
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498567)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:09am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:As with the MW Starscream figure, I am still scratching my head with this one. A strong "nautical" appearance (at least in my opinion) in bot mode, a trident for a weapon AND, unlike Starscream, a maritime based name yet it's a JET?!?
No, don't bother trying to explain it to me. At my age, I'm not likely to buy into the flawed logic (if any) behind it anyways. I'll just shut up and move on to the next twisted idea for a toy and try to make sense of THAT one. :???:
Image
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498573)
Posted by RAcast on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:As with the MW Starscream figure, I am still scratching my head with this one. A strong "nautical" appearance (at least in my opinion) in bot mode, a trident for a weapon AND, unlike Starscream, a maritime based name yet it's a JET?!?
No, don't bother trying to explain it to me. At my age, I'm not likely to buy into the flawed logic (if any) behind it anyways. I'll just shut up and move on to the next twisted idea for a toy and try to make sense of THAT one. :???:
Image

I think it's safe to assume (if it was never directly shown or stated), that Depthcharge was a cybertronian jet or something of that effect pre-beastmode. The wiki also points out that his flight mode is very TIE Fighter-y.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498577)
Posted by noctorro on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:33am CDT
Great deco, Depthcharge in beast mode always looks sad.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498578)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:36am CDT
Plus, this isn't even Beast Wars Cartoon Depth Charge, anyway.

It's Alternate Universe BW Depth Charge, who never traveled back in time to participate in the Beast Wars and whose Cybertronian Civil Wrs underwent different events from the cartoon Depth Charge's Cybertron's war history.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498626)
Posted by dedcat on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:10am CDT
It's an non-club convention only variant of a club exclusive not available to folks who paid for a club only figure, but only to those in attendance at the convention?

I give up.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498634)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:04am CDT
If these make their way to eBay at a decent price, I'd be interested. I'm hopeful that the seeming lack of interest means their won't be much demand for this.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498655)
Posted by necr0blivion on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:10am CDT
dedcat wrote:It's an non-club convention only variant of a club exclusive not available to folks who paid for a club only figure, but only to those in attendance at the convention?

I give up.


Total agreement here. It's just mind boggling that these are showing up, carded, at the convention yet being a perk of active membership hasn't reached the intended audience yet. And, presumably, will not come carded like it does in the pictures.

I'm glad I've received the first subscription figure, but having the membership figure available for sale beforehand just boggles my mind. Yet pretty much every year there's some type of goof on behalf of the club.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498657)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:17am CDT
necr0blivion wrote:
dedcat wrote:It's an non-club convention only variant of a club exclusive not available to folks who paid for a club only figure, but only to those in attendance at the convention?

I give up.


Total agreement here. It's just mind boggling that these are showing up, carded, at the convention yet being a perk of active membership hasn't reached the intended audience yet. And, presumably, will not come carded like it does in the pictures.

I'm glad I've received the first subscription figure, but having the membership figure available for sale beforehand just boggles my mind. Yet pretty much every year there's some type of goof on behalf of the club.


You're missing the point: it plays with the minds of MISB/MOSC collectors, the kind who either never release the toys from their package prison, or even buy doubles to have one loose and one MISB/MOSC. We have a couple here on the boards, but I won't mention names :-$

The design of the card is kind of a let down. No insert and there's too much empty space. Nice effort, but it falls just short of the finish line.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498658)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:21am CDT
It's also so people can have something for David Sobolov to autograph. :roll:
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498659)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:26am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:It's also so people can have something for David Sobolov to autograph. :roll:


I actually had to look up Depth Charge's voice actor. :oops: I keep telling people my specialty is toys and nothing but. :lol:
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498660)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:35am CDT
So is this a freebie to certain packages,purchasable from the club "stand" or do members in attendance who have already renewed get ths in lieu of a bagged one?
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498661)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:40am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:So is this a freebie to certain packages,purchasable from the club "stand" or do members in attendance who have already renewed get ths in lieu of a bagged one?


The way I read it is that they are using these as an incentive to get non-Members to become Members at the convention. Current members will probably get theirs in the mail as usual.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498664)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:47am CDT
The bagged figure that it coming in the mail is the free one.

This carded one is one that people have to buy from the club store, as it is meant to be an additional purchase to the free one coming later. even if the free one had come on time before the Con, the carded one would still have to be bought from the store to get it.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498671)
Posted by necr0blivion on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:25am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You're missing the point: it plays with the minds of MISB/MOSC collectors, the kind who either never release the toys from their package prison, or even buy doubles to have one loose and one MISB/MOSC. We have a couple here on the boards, but I won't mention names :-$


I'm a collector, but for TFs I simply have no incentive to keep them MISB/MOSC. I don't plan on reselling figures, and if I am going to display them, I'd rather they be posed and not incarcerated.

I will mention again, I find it sad that there are these carded versions for sale this weekend, yet the people who have already paid to be part of the club of which this figure (non-carded) is an incentive for have not received theirs yet.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498692)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You're missing the point: it plays with the minds of MISB/MOSC collectors, the kind who either never release the toys from their package prison, or even buy doubles to have one loose and one MISB/MOSC. We have a couple here on the boards, but I won't mention names :-$


So you're saying LESS guys buy doubles and keep one MISB than the ones who pose them all over? I mean, I hate to disagree, but I was under the impression that the true collectors have a sizeable MISB collection. Ever read those TFSource articles by Maz?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but my impression is that more than just "a couple on the boards" do this! :roll:
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498704)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 28th, 2013 @ 2:13pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You're missing the point: it plays with the minds of MISB/MOSC collectors, the kind who either never release the toys from their package prison, or even buy doubles to have one loose and one MISB/MOSC. We have a couple here on the boards, but I won't mention names :-$


So you're saying LESS guys buy doubles and keep one MISB than the ones who pose them all over? I mean, I hate to disagree, but I was under the impression that the true collectors have a sizeable MISB collection. Ever read those TFSource articles by Maz?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but my impression is that more than just "a couple on the boards" do this! :roll:


I open all of my toys. ;;) Would that make me a "fake collector"?
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498730)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 28th, 2013 @ 3:12pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I was under the impression that the true collectors have a sizeable MISB collection.


You were under the wrong impression. That is not accurate.

>:oP
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1498778)
Posted by Mkall on June 28th, 2013 @ 5:32pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:So you're saying LESS guys buy doubles and keep one MISB than the ones who pose them all over? I mean, I hate to disagree, but I was under the impression that the true collectors have a sizeable MISB collection. Ever read those TFSource articles by Maz?

There's no such thing as a true collector. There are simply collectors who have different interests, tastes and passions.
Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusive Carded Depthcharge Image (1500495)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 3rd, 2013 @ 1:31pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:I will mention again, I find it sad that there are these carded versions for sale this weekend, yet the people who have already paid to be part of the club of which this figure (non-carded) is an incentive for have not received theirs yet.


To give some credit (even though this has already been on the front page), I received my club incentive figure this past Monday (7/1). So, at least I didn't have to wait too long but I was very perplexed as to why there was a version of a free figure for sale before club members got theirs.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014