BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th!

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th!

Friday, December 7th, 2012 4:05PM CST

Categories: Event News, Press Releases
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 55,647

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BotCon 2013 Coming to San Diego, California June 27th – June 30th!

Fort Worth, TX – December 7th, 2012 – Fun Publications, Inc., licensee for Hasbro’s official Transformers Collectors’ Convention, BotCon, announced today that next year’s award-winning convention will take place at the Town and Country Resort from June 27th thru June 30th in the beautiful city of San Diego. You can make your hotel reservations now at BotCon.com.

In the coming weeks, Pop Culture enthusiasts from around the world will be able to register for BotCon 2013 through the BotCon.com online registration system. Fans and Collectors’ who register for BotCon as a Primus package holder will receive the five-figure MACHINE WARS convention set, admission to the Friday private sales room experience, priority seating at all panels and seminars throughout the weekend and admittance to the Hall of Fame Celebration party. Finally, Primus package attendees will also receive a special bonus Transformers Deluxe figure to go along with their convention box set. General Admission for non-registered guests will be available on Saturday and Sunday only.

For more information on BotCon and all activities and the exclusive figure offerings, please visit BotCon.com.

BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th!
Credit(s): BotCon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444928)
Posted by Mkall on December 7th, 2012 @ 4:17pm CST
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444930)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 7th, 2012 @ 4:31pm CST
Darn, I'd be too busy permanently moving to the US, Dallas TX to be exact. O well, still closer than last year I suppose.
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444932)
Posted by El Duque on December 7th, 2012 @ 4:39pm CST
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444943)
Posted by LiKwid on December 7th, 2012 @ 5:07pm CST
Mkall wrote:As nice a location as San Diego is, I think I'll pass this year. I've been to the last three and I just don't want to deal with the hassle or the expenses this time 'round.

^

El Duque wrote:Interesting, but if I go to San Diego it will be for Comic Con, where the TF reveals have been just as good if not better than the ones at BotCon.

100%

The location was the deal breaker this year and I know the exspenses of botcon in san diego can add up fast..I'd rather have a new car =)
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444944)
Posted by redoutlander on December 7th, 2012 @ 5:07pm CST
hmmm I'm Torn. San Diego is a beautiful City, but not only am I moving to the East Coast next month my son is due to be born only 3 weeks prior. I think I'll just pass and go to Charticon in August.
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444949)
Posted by jindrak on December 7th, 2012 @ 5:15pm CST
Cali 3 times in 5 years. How original :P Doesn't HasTak want anyone elses money?
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444951)
Posted by Manterax Prime on December 7th, 2012 @ 5:39pm CST
Looks like I'll be saving my money to go to both BotCon and Slagacon.
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444960)
Posted by Axalon_Prime on December 7th, 2012 @ 6:17pm CST
Yea and next year is a movie year so you know where it's gonna be.......i say we boycott funpub. Too bad they already got my money for the subscription service. Sometimes i don't know what they are thinking. Oh well the money i would've spent there will get me perseus AND uranoS
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444963)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 7th, 2012 @ 6:33pm CST
California?

Guess who isn't going this year (as usual, sadly). :-(

Just have to remember Charticon whenever it comes up. What are the dates for that again?
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444971)
Posted by KNM2012 on December 7th, 2012 @ 8:00pm CST
Looks like unless Anime Expo is good this year, or I move, I will be going to Botcon! It's just a 3-4 hour drive from where I live! :DANCE:
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444974)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 7th, 2012 @ 8:13pm CST
New York is never going to see botcon again is it, hey hasbro how about changing it up a bit and pick different states instead of using the same ones over & over
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444975)
Posted by --B-- on December 7th, 2012 @ 8:13pm CST
I know that Fun Pub is based in TX, but damn, show the east coast some love!!

No Botcon for me this year.
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444979)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on December 7th, 2012 @ 8:23pm CST
I swear that is the CDT red alert mold in the left of the picture...

As for location... Oh well, I'm still in Asia. >:oP
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444980)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 7th, 2012 @ 8:27pm CST
gavinfuzzy wrote:I swear that is the CDT red alert mold in the left of the picture...

Yeah, I tried to take a look at the (blurry) artwork in the back.

My eyesight is crap already, trying to look at it just gave me a massive headache.
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444983)
Posted by FracturedKoi on December 7th, 2012 @ 8:39pm CST
So, is Botcon wanting people not to come? This is, yet again, a deal breaker for me. I'm starting to wonder if Hasbro knows that there are other states aside from California. Why not hold it on the east coast? I hear Atlanta is a pretty darn big city with a very capable airport.

I'm not booking a four hour flight to California to buy toys that I could have mailed to me instead. Sorry Hasbro, not getting my money at Botcon this year.
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444984)
Posted by First-Aid on December 7th, 2012 @ 8:41pm CST

As for location... Oh well, I'm still in Asia. >:oP

I always wondered why no one has done a Machine Wars Soundwave out of that mold. COuld this be th year?

As for BotCon...

F*#k you FunPub. Screwing everyone east of the ROckies as usual. I miss the Chicago shows. I won't be going. DOn't they watch the news about the damned economy? You really want to hold it in one of the most expensive cities in the US? I seriously want to punch someone in the face...
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444995)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 7th, 2012 @ 9:37pm CST
Glad to at least know the date and location.
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444997)
Posted by Burn on December 7th, 2012 @ 9:54pm CST
heh ... can't go because it's more than a four hour plane flight?

Think of all the international fans who can't make it. >:oP
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1444998)
Posted by redoutlander on December 7th, 2012 @ 9:57pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:California?

Guess who isn't going this year (as usual, sadly). :-(

Charticon is in Charlotte North Carolina from August 9-11. I think it's there first year but it looks like a number of siebertronians are going. Jon 3.0 is even a guest.
Re: BotCon 2013 in San Diego, California - June 27th to 30th! (1445005)
Posted by FracturedKoi on December 7th, 2012 @ 10:24pm CST
Burn wrote:heh ... can't go because it's more than a four hour plane flight?

Think of all the international fans who can't make it. >:oP

It's not the flight so much as the distance. Work week for me tipicaly is 6 days a week, 8 hour days with three different rotating shifts. Now, I know that no two people's circumstances are the same, but, more often than not, I just can't get time off for things that are out of driving distance xD.

Having defended my reasons for being unable to book a four hour flight, I think it's safe to say that there are others who are kinda miffed about the convention and it's love of California besides myself xD.

International fans...well...you guys just get the short end of the Hasbro stick all the time D=. Except for having access to awesome figures, of course...like G1 Overlord xD

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016