BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

Sunday, June 16th, 2013 11:39AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,795

Thanks to the wonderful world of TaoBao we know one of the attendee only add-on figures in this year's BotCon 2013 Machine Wars: Termination set. Voyager class Transformers: Dark of the Moon Skyhammer has been repainted into Machine Wars Sandstorm! Check out the images mirrored from the auctions below.

For comparison here are images from our own galleries of the original Machine Wars Sandstorm:

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

The auctions can be found here and here.

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed
Credit(s): TaoBao
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495819)
Posted by Delta Magnus on June 16th, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
Nice. Skyhammer was an excellent mold with a cool weapon, this looks like a good choice.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495820)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on June 16th, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495825)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 16th, 2013 @ 12:03pm CDT
:DANCE: YES, I CALLED IT, I SO CALLED IT!!! :DANCE:

*ahem* Sorry about that :oops:

Looking great, and surprised they included the MechTech weapon. InstaFav'ed. :x
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495826)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on June 16th, 2013 @ 12:04pm CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:I think they went a little overboard on the stripes, but otherwise nice. I don't like how they're mixing movie and non-movie molds. They should just stick to the movie molds

I dunno. The way I see it is: It's not COMPLETELY a movie mold unless it was in the movie. So, figures like Terradive and Tomahawk had potential to become Neo-G1 figures in my collection. I've actually really wanted them to release a figure that would finally open the door for Skyhammer to become a Neo-G1 figure.

That being said, because Darksteel is a Qucikstrike homage, and, despite what so many people here say, Skyhammer is pretty clearly an Air Hammer homage, I'm just gonna keep those two together on display.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495827)
Posted by Rated X on June 16th, 2013 @ 12:06pm CDT
It's nice. Not all that accurate to l figure, but cool. It needs a new less movieish head. How much could that really have cost ? Funpub is really cheap. All repaints should have new heads mandatory. Something else should be exclusive besides the deco.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495831)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 16th, 2013 @ 12:33pm CDT
Gorgeous!
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495835)
Posted by RAcast on June 16th, 2013 @ 12:54pm CDT
Great mold, great deco, glad to see it!
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495837)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:05pm CDT
I... I think I owe JelZe a few dollars... :oops:
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495853)
Posted by Seibertron on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:56pm CDT
This would be extremely awesome ... with a new head. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495856)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:59pm CDT
This is weird. I mentioned a few weeks ago that the new Generations Sandstorm could be repainted into Ultra Pretender Skyhammer, and now the more recent Skyhammer gets repainted into that other incarnation of Sandstorm!

And yet...I never bought MW Sandstorm for the same reason I can't get too excited about this guy: That color combination is just really off-putting. I'm usually not one to complain about that. Hell, I never complain about "neon" because I respect any color loud enough that the toy looks like it actually wants to blind me. But something about the helmet and other accents being in that same caramel hue that Batman toys inexplicably get decoed in every few years...I love this mold, but this is the first reveal so far that I have no interest in.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495857)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 16th, 2013 @ 2:01pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:This would be extremely awesome ... with a new head. :BANG_HEAD:

Seems to be a reoccurring theme with some figures this year.........
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495858)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 16th, 2013 @ 2:06pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I... I think I owe JelZe a few dollars... :oops:

I take Mini-Cons and Microns ;;) I kid, I kid.

Skyhammer happens to be my favourite DotM mold, and I like Sandstorm as a character. And really, the head does not need changing, it's fairly accurate to the G1 toy with the crest and mouthplate.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495859)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 16th, 2013 @ 2:06pm CDT
Not bad, I think it would have been much better if they ditched that crappy DOTM weapon for another and painted his hands. :VEHI:
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495864)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 16th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
Two toys at once for Sandstorm, and Hoist. Funny how things work out.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495866)
Posted by El Duque on June 16th, 2013 @ 3:13pm CDT
We've been sitting on a list of rumored BotCon 2013 attendee only figures for a while now, but since this morning's reveal of Machine Wars Sandstorm lends some credence to the list we've decide to go ahead and share it. Keep in mind the list below is "rumored", although Machine Wars Sandstorm appears to be confirmed and Machine Wars Thundercracker has already been hinted at by TFCC.

• Machine Wars Prowl from Classics Mirage[/*:m]
  • Machine Wars Sandstorm from Transfrormes: Dark of the Moon Skyhammer[/*:m]
  • Machine Wars Starscream from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Terradive[/*:m]
  • Machine Wars Thundercracker from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Dirge[/*:m]
  • Classics Starscream mold repainted into the Rainmakers[/*:m][/list:u]

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495867)
Posted by RAcast on June 16th, 2013 @ 3:15pm CDT
Oh no, not MORE Classics Starscreams! :lol:
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495871)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 16th, 2013 @ 3:20pm CDT
RAcast wrote:Oh no, not MORE Classics Starscreams! :lol:

I feel really, really sorry for that mold now... Poor guy. :-(

So let's see...

Set 1: Prowl and Sandstorm
Set 2: Starscream and Thundercracker
Set 3: Rainmakers

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495872)
Posted by Delta Magnus on June 16th, 2013 @ 3:24pm CDT
I'd like it if they reissued the original Electro toy, but in new, less GPS-vulnerable plastic. It's a decent toy, especially for the time, but the shitty plastic makes it ridiculously rare and overly expensive.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495874)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 16th, 2013 @ 3:33pm CDT
I would honestly love more classics seekers.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Sandstorm Revealed (1495876)
Posted by Burn on June 16th, 2013 @ 3:42pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Then Electro should be the freebie. That should complete the MW lineup except for Hubcap, Mirage and Soundwave.

Well Cybertron Defense Red Alert is the perfect mold for Soundwave, but I doubt they'll do it.

If they do a Soundwave with another mold, it just won't be the same.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS TAKARA REISSUE 90 YELLOW SIDESWIPE TIGERTRACK E-HOBBY G1 Diaclone - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 18 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Bumblebee vs Starscream DVD - Time Remaining:  6 hours 10 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Optimus Prime Voyager Ionic Pulse Launchers - Time Remaining:  25 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Battlemaster Talking Bumblebee Action Figure - Time Remaining:  26 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Night Ops Bumblebee 3 Step Changer Figure - Time Remaining:  6 hours 11 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Prime Cyberverse Star Hammer with Wheeljack Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 30 minutes 58 seconds
1987 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 ROLLBAR STUNNING AFA U85 WOW! - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 46 minutes 41 seconds
New In Box HASBRO Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Constructicon Devastator - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 18 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents