BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker?

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker?

Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 12:13PM CST

Categories: Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,512

The official website for this year's BotCon has been updated with some of the exclusive apparel available for this year's convention. Among the items is a ball cap that features an alternate deco version of Machine Wars Skywarp from the Machine Wars: Termination box set. Is this possibly our first look at Machine Wars Thundercracker? Check out the image mirrored below.

Re: Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set revealed
Credit(s): BotCon
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469345)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:20pm CST
Their official Twitter account just made a bad wordplay, which seems to confirm the rumour.

Transformers: BotCon wrote:Who needs one AWESOME BotCon 2013 hat? It's Thunderiffic!
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469352)
Posted by Mkall on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:33pm CST
I'm guessing he'll be this year's "free" attendee figure.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469355)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:44pm CST
How subtle Funpub.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469357)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CST
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469360)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CST
Emblem on the starboard wing is off:

Minor nitpick though.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469369)
Posted by El Duque on March 5th, 2013 @ 1:28pm CST
And in our second piece of BotCon 2013 news for the day we have the official reveal of Machine Wars Megaplex in alt mode. The figure is redeco of the Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Dreadwing/Skyquake mold. Image mirrored below.

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469375)
Posted by King Slick on March 5th, 2013 @ 1:44pm CST
At first glance I thought it was the Free Masons compass super-imposed on top of the Decepticon logo. Thank goodness I was mistaken. Not that the Free Masons are "evil"....actually I really can't say if they are or not. Actually, if anything I would sooner suspect the Illuminati to link theemselves to the Decepticon cause.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469385)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2013 @ 2:00pm CST
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469403)
Posted by Mkall on March 5th, 2013 @ 3:13pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Always felt the stripes made him look like he was wearing pyjamas or a tacky suit. :oops: :P

Pinstripe suits never go out of style.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469420)
Posted by ILL-Star on March 5th, 2013 @ 4:00pm CST
As for the jet mode, I don't see how anyone can complain.... but they will. Maybe.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469438)
Posted by TK415 on March 5th, 2013 @ 4:42pm CST
Mkall wrote:

Pinstripe suits never go out of style.

True, pinstripe suits look good. But Sabrblade said "stripes" and those are some big stripes. Pinstripes are thin and make the suit look good. Those look more like a jail suit, or a sailor outfit, or pajamas, or like Sabrblade said a tacky suit, but not pinstripes.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469449)
Posted by Henry921 on March 5th, 2013 @ 4:55pm CST
Mkall wrote:I'm guessing he'll be this year's "free" attendee figure.

That's what I've been saying basically since Skywarp was revealed. Way to piss off the fans even further, FunPub.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469450)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 5th, 2013 @ 4:57pm CST
Megaplex looks really good. Only minor complaint is the head. Plane mode looks spot on perfect.

And as said before, if they pull out a Jhiaxus from the mold — or some other equally awesome surprise... I'll let the whole head sculpt thing slide and forget all about it.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469457)
Posted by Mkall on March 5th, 2013 @ 5:08pm CST
Henry921 wrote:
Mkall wrote:I'm guessing he'll be this year's "free" attendee figure.

At least there will be a high quantity of him floating about. The "free" figures are usually pretty easy to find and comparatively affordable.
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469587)
Posted by LiKwid on March 6th, 2013 @ 1:00am CST
That skywarp mold..... I mean...wow..Are they mad at us?
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469633)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 6th, 2013 @ 6:57am CST
LiKwid wrote:That skywarp mold..... I mean...wow..Are they mad at us?

More like that's all they had. Most movie mold are licensed either as a character or as vehicle, so they're out of FunPub's reach.

Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469664)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 6th, 2013 @ 8:45am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hey, let's make a drinking game out of this! Every time anybody says "licensed" we have a shot. Except for me, I can't have alcohol :oops:
Pop open a can of soda. I'll do it with ya (since I don't drink either). ;)
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469679)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:28am CST
I'll gladly take part in that drinking game!
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469685)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:41am CST
Re: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Thundercracker? (1469686)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:43am CST
gothsaurus wrote:As a G1er who hibernated through the movies and subsequent toy lines, can someone tell me which mold Skywarp-on-the-hat turned out to be? I'd like to look it up to mull over. Still on the fence about this year's set. Mixing Classics/Prime/Movie lines is still making my eye twitch. I want to see these guys lined up before committing to buy them, to make sure they all match okay.

Revenge of the Fallen Dirge:

Non-licensed jet, didn't appear in the movie or the game, he's fair game. :lol:

I should warn you his "nipples" turn when you raise or lower his arms. :oops:

Ending Soon On eBay

1996 Botcon exclusive Transformers Beast Wars ONYX PRIMAL Hasbro MIB Optimus toy - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 26 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Autobot Drift Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 12 minutes 26 seconds
NEW Transformers Generations  CHROMIA Autobot + Comic Book - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 27 minutes 33 seconds
***NEW*** Transformers HFTD Starscream's Assault - MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 44 minutes 46 seconds
GECKOBOT Transformers Beast Machines Basic Class 2000 New - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 44 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Custom Masterpiece MP10 Optimus Prime Nemesis Prime & trailer - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 14 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm with instructions LOW OPENING BID - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 23 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Armada Toy's Dream Project Red Thrust Infe - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 55 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks