BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel

Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel

Transformers BotCon 2013

Clint Joshua Shawn Bill Mark

111 Slides

Transformers Generations
--------------------------------------------------
Showed us about 1/2 way through, put to top of list for all of you)
30th Anniversary celebration
30 special items through the year (over various lines such as Platinum, SDCC, etc)
"Warning: what you are about to see may make your head explode"

Transformers Generations Legends Class 2014
--------------------------------------------------
Swerve with Flanker (IDW)
Cosmos with Payload (Micromaster homage) ... U.F.oh Yeah!
Wave 2
Tailgate with Groundpounder
Sharpshot (Shrapnel) with Reflector (transforms into camera)

Transformers Generations Deluxe Class 2014
--------------------------------------------------
All will be tied in with upcoming IDW comic series
Goldbug (now called Goldfire) (basically the new version of Bumblebee from comic)
Dreadwing (Megatron remold with new head)
Skids (looks badass, very cool looking)
Waspinator (you guys will love this, transforms into wasp, looks like a very awesome version of Beast Wars cartoon Waspinator, has button on his back to make wings flap)
Wave 2
Skywarp
Scoop (with 2 Targetmaster partners)
Starscream (Armada Starscream)

Transformers Generations Voyager Class 2014
--------------------------------------------------
Decepticon Doubledealer (Blitzwing repaint with new head)
Rhinox w/ miniguns of doom (looks increadible ... holy hell you guys will love this, audience reaction was awesome to this)
Wave 2
Whirl (showed us sketch dated Oct 2012), then showed us design and grey model photos, has Gerwalk mode?, looks very cool, very reminiscent of G1 toy, comes with new sticker sheet

SDCC 2013
--------------------------------------------------
Titan Guardian 5 pack (Starscream, Soundwave, Megatron, Optimus Prime, Grimlock, 6" tall, non transformable)
Metroplex wi/ 12 mini-figures (vac metallized)
Shockwave's lab (G1 inspired deco with proto Predaking in hyper evolution chamber)

Transformers Hall of Fame
34% Beast Wars Megatron
19% Ultra Magnus
16% Prowl
16% Arcee
15% Rodimus Prime

Fan Built Bot
And the winner is ...
It's an Autobot Jet (showed us silhouette of jet mode) still working on it, to be revealed at comic-con

Transformers Prime Legion Class 2013
--------------------------------------------------
Dive Bomb w/ Tornado Bow (Autobot defector, U.S. colors ... Windrazor repaint)
Rot Gut (Blight repaint ... acid green and blue)
Ace Vehicone (white jet Vehicon)
Bluestreak w/ chain bolter (bluestreak colored Smokescreen)

Transformers Prime Commander Class 2013
--------------------------------------------------
Unicron Megatron (posessed to impress!)
Ultra Magnus (ready to remodel ... new mold based off Voyager class)
Bludgeon (Shockwave remold with new head, appropriate Bludgeon colors)

Transformers Prime Deluxe Class 2013
--------------------------------------------------
Night Shadow Bumblebee (Stealth Bumblebee colors with blue accessories, beast hunters mold)
Prowl (Smokescreen recolor/remold with new head)

Transformers Prime Deluxe Class 2014
--------------------------------------------------
(Talked about going back to basics, demonstrated how easy it was to transform G1 Optimus Prime)
Bumblebee w/ dragon shredder sword (basically looks like large version of Legion class, less complicated = bigger toy)
Windrazor (basically deluxe class sized version of Legion class)
Smokescreen
Twinstrike

Transformers Prime Voyager Class 2014
--------------------------------------------------
Optimus Prime w/ nexus sword and vector shield (transforms in 15 steps)
Predaking w/ Infernum blade

Kre-O
Custom Kreons - Asst A5413
Come with additional parts to customize your own Kreon (kind of like a build-a-figure)

Transformers Construct-o-Bots
--------------------------------------------------
Stated that this came from Hasbro observing people enjoying the custom class at BotCon and enjoying building their own figures.
Showed us a commercial, going to see if they can show it to us in the dealer room.

Transformers Construct-o-Bots 2013 Scout Class

Bumblebee
Blitzwing

Transformers Construct-o-Bots 2013 Ultimate Class
Optimus Prime vs Megatron

Transformers Construct-o-Bots 2014 Beast Hunters Scout Class
Bumblebee
Starscream (look more like traditional Transformers)
Ripclaw

Transformers Construct-o-Bots 2014 Beast Hunters Elite Class
Skystalker
Shockwave
Optimus Prime

Transformers Construct-o-Bots 2014 Beast Hunters Triple Team Class
Unicron Megatron comes with Ratbat and Barrage

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising (Sept/Oct 2013)
Legion 2 pack Smokescreen and Cindersaur
Legion 2 pack Night Shadow Bumblebee and Blight
Commander Class 2 pack Optimus Prime and Predaking
Commander Class 2 pack Shockwave and Bombshock
Abominus 5 pack (Target, Tesco, Carrefour exclusives)
Skylynx deluxe class
Nova Blast Bumblebee
Cryofire Predaking (blue)
Dark Steel (Grimwing repaint)

Transformers Prime cartoon has won 3 daytime emmy awards for outstanding individual achievement in animation

Transformers Universe from Jagex coming out this fall
Credit(s): Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499112)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:13pm CDT
Bigger, simpler toys toys I can handle; but i do hope that isn't at the expense of articulation. Time will tell...
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499117)
Posted by wolverinetodd on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
Deluxe sized Twinstrike and Windrazor?!?! Does this mean that Deluxe sized Blight and Rippersnapper and hopefully a Voyager sized Hun-Gurrr will be on the way in 2014? And hopefully they will form Abominous? That would be bitchin'!

Ugh! More Bumblebees repaints and remolds? Hasn't HasTak learned yet that we are sick with the over-saturating of the toy shelves and pegs of Bumblebees? Hell, just put out enough Cyberverse Hun-Gurrs, Windrazors, Blights, and Rippersnappers for Pete's sake so we can make our own Abominous. And that goes double if that's the plan for their Deluxe counterparts.

As for easier transformation... I'm fine with that as long as it's not at the cost of articulation, even more decrease in size of toy, and the price of the toy actually goes down.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499118)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
They're certainly repainting the hell out of that Legion Smokescreen toy.

Deluxe Terrorcons! But simpler transformations. Dunno if I'm glad I couldn't find the Legions or not yet. Guess it depends if the Deluxes actually combine...

"Custom Kreons"? Color me interested. I customize a lot of my Kreons, so this could be a godsend. Or just plain useless.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499121)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:36pm CDT
Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload please. :x

[strike]Shrapnel[/strike]Sharpshot with Reflector? GIMME NAO! :BOOM:

Dost my eyes deceive me? Waspinator?! IN DELUXE FORM?! :BOOM:

Skids is also a buy, no questions asked.

Skywarp! Huzzah! Any word of him using his War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron design?

...Armada Starscream... did I read that right? ARMADA STARSCREAM?!?!?! ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE CHARACTERS AND THE ONE THAT GOT ME INTO TRANSFORMERS?!?!?!

sdfggrthrjtsyuyiiohbvsdtytuyidrtstysfuu.... Sorry, I was wiping away my tears of joy. :x :x :x

I was hoping for Flywheels, but hey, I'll take Doubledealer. Now I have an excuse for picking up Sandstorm. :lol:

So we finally hear about that Voyager Rhinox that's been going around since 2009. About time. :grin:

I could use a Whirl. Can never have too many Classics Autobots! :lol:

Beast Wars Megatron won the Hall of Fame! Does this mean we'll see that retool of Generations/Fall of Cybertron Grimlock come into fruition?

An Autobot jet won the poll? Darn. Well, hopefully it'll be a female: only female jet I can think off the top of my head is Slipstream. :-?

I happened to have noticed the name "Unicron Megatron" being mentioned twice in the list: in the Prime assortment and the Construct-Bots. Megatron transcends normal form into a divine state as a Herald of Unicron? :-?

Deluxe versions of [strike]Cutthroat[/strike]Windrazor and [strike]Sinnertwin[/strike]Twinstrike? Interesting. Any word of Deluxe versions of Hun-Gurr, [strike]Blot[/strike]Blight and Rippersnapper? And a combining feature into Abominus?

Images later on?

I've been wondering about Transformers: Universe. It's been a while since we've heard about it.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499123)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:41pm CDT

It would be nice if they made a full sized Abominus (not holding my breath), but the Legends Class one that I have is just fine. I love it to pieces.

The whole simplicity idea bugs me. Gonna be a lot of cheating, possibly detail loss and maybe even some articulation issues. That doesn't sit well with me. I hope they don't do that with Transformers 4's toyline.

One thing we've come to expect from those movie lines is complexity, posability and good looks. ROTF Optimus, DOTM Sentinel Prime, name any one of the ROTF Voyagers or Deluxes, even some of the DOTM figures. You can't go from TF1 (which still had a nice level of complexity) to DOTM, and then take a G1 sized step back in terms of evolution and design.

That, right there, could make me go full on 3rd party for good. Generations better not be dumbed down, too. Trailbreaker and Hoist are already terribly simplistic.

Asia gets the Platinum edition figures, we get squat. (Unless we want to buy from BBTS or Amazon. It would be nice to just walk into a store and find them, but noooo.) Asia gets TakaraTomy special edition figures (like movie masterpieces repackaged) and now they're making our figures simplistic.

If this keeps up, I'm seriously going 3rd party. I've had it.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499125)
Posted by waaaaghlord on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:44pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Images later on?

That's not how it works. There's a no photography policy since this is largely a preview of essentially the same presentation they'll be giving at SDCC next month. Expect pictures of [some] of this stuff tomorrow when they put more stuff in the display cases, but most of it those of us not at the panel won't get to see until next month.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499129)
Posted by Seibertron on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:50pm CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Images later on?

They usually put some stuff out in the Hasbro display area in the dealer room later on Saturday all the way through the end on Sunday. I'll do my best to get pics up of whatever they put on display later today.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499130)
Posted by Seibertron on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:52pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I am very unimpressed with what I've heard so, far. Nothing but rehashes and a couple of upsized molds. Whoopity doo.

Please read the updated list. Voyager class Rhinox! Deluxe class Waspinator! Sharpshot with Reflector! Skids! Whirl! Armada Starscream! Amazing stuff. :D :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :BOT: :CON: :BOWDOWN:
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499133)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:57pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Alright. That's giving me some hope. Glad I didn't sell that Dinobot, now. But I do believe I sold my Generations Cheetor. Oh well. He wasn't worth owning anyway. Terrible figure.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499135)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:58pm CDT
Not that I'm dumping any money into the Beast Hunters series anyways but seriously Hasbro, knock it off with all the re-works and re-paints of only 3 figures and inundating every GD retail outlet with case upon case of them. It's only a little ways into this series and I'm already sick of seeing Optimus, Predaking and Bumblebee this, that and the other. It's gone beyond ridiculous already and shot straight to stupid and insulting. Yeah, I get it that they are aiming it towards the kids but as a parent who has bought this stuff for his kids, I'm telling you right now I NEVER bought any of my boys 5 versions of the same f'ing figure in the same series and neither of my kids had any interest in 5 versions of the same @#%$* figure from one series. They have more sense than that.

Now that that's out of my system, I'm somewhat intrigued by the few Generations offerings listed above but I'm also highly skeptical about these "30 Specials" that they are offering up. Something tells me they are going to be cool but so exclusive and so over-priced that practically nobody (unless you are pulling a 6 figure yearly salary) is going to be able to lay their hands on them. Just seems to fall in line with all the rest of the fan treatment that Hasbro has thrown our way over the years. Make a token effort, give it plenty of lip service and then screw us over in the end in favor of trying to milk us for generic, mass market crap are our kids are pestering us for. Sorry for the cynicism but experience has taught some of us some hard lessons and I have no reason to trust Hasbro. They didn't make it to the top of the game by playing nice. Nobody ever does.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499137)
Posted by Mkall on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:01pm CDT
I'm interested in:
Predacons
Swerve & Tailgate
Dreadwing, Skids, Scoop & Armada Starscream
Doubledealer & Whirl

I'm not sure about the Beast Wars figures yet, I just don't see them fitting in well with my Classics line and I don't have an updated BW shelf.

Overall, there were some high points, but a lot of it sounds like "meh."

I was really hoping they would announce the next Titan figure. Oh well.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499140)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
I was really hoping they would announce the next Titan figure. Oh well.

Yeah, same here. I would have like to see a Decepticon counterpart to Metroplex. It doesn't have to specifically be Trypticon.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499142)
Posted by Seibertron on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:14pm CDT

Hasbro wrote:Greetings, TRANSFORMERS fans!

This morning at The Official TRANSFORMERS Convention — BotCon— in San Diego, California, Hasbro's TRANSFORMERS brand team revealed several amazing new TRANSFORMERS toys, as well as the 2013 inductees to the TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame.

This year's TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame class, as entirely voted on by TRANSFORMERS fans online, consists of the following two characters:

BEAST WARS MEGATRON
An insane, hyper-intelligent criminal mastermind who led a group of renegade PREDACONS to Earth in search of the Energon they would need to conquer CYBERTRON, MEGATRON became so much more than a petty felon. When the search led to the discovery of alien artifacts, MEGATRON launched an assault on Time itself, seeking to change history to his benefit. He nearly destroyed CYBERTRON in his mad quest to exterminate the TRANSFORMERS, and was stopped only when OPTIMUS PRIMAL brought him down. He returned, determined to have his vengeance, and his battle with the MAXIMAL leader raged across the multiverse!
ULTRA MAGNUS
As the commander of the most elite AUTOBOT special forces unit ever assembled, you'd expect ULTRA MAGNUS to be just about one of the most unstoppable warriors this side of the galactic core. You’d be right. If there is any AUTOBOT the DECEPTICONS fear as much as OPTIMUS PRIME, it is ULTRA MAGNUS. His battle hammer has crushed chassis from one side of the galaxy to the other. No battlefield on which his armored feet have stepped has ever been yielded to the DECEPTICONS.

The following new 2013 toys were also revealed during the panel:

· A6215 Twinstrike
· A6216 Smokescreen
· A6217 Windrazor

TRANSFORMERS Prime Beast Hunters Voyager
· A6212 Beast Hunter Optimus
· A6213 Predaking
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499143)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:17pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Hasbro just sent us the following email. I'm currently downloading the pictures from their FTP and hope to have them posted within the next 15 to 30 minutes, depending on any challenges I come across. Stay tuned ...

Hasbro wrote:Greetings, TRANSFORMERS fans!

BEAST WARS MEGATRON

· A6215 Twinstrike
· A6216 Smokescreen
· A6217 Windrazor

TRANSFORMERS Prime Beast Hunters Voyager
· A6212 Beast Hunter Optimus
· A6213 Predaking

We'll get it newsed, asap, if you need help.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499144)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:18pm CDT
So we're getting images of those specifically mentioned in that list? Crap, I really wanted to see Armada Starscream. :-(

Speaking of, did they mention him coming with Swindle, and having his null-ray cannons? He'll come with his wing-sword, there's no doubt about that: that's one of the defining features of Armada Starscream.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499145)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:19pm CDT
Obligatory "Yesssss!" upon the Royalty's induction into the Hall of Fame!

Everyone else was basically neck and neck? I'd have thought UM and Prowl would've had a comfortable lead over Arcee and Rodimus.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499146)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:24pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Obligatory "Yesssss!" upon the Royalty's induction into the Hall of Fame!

I've been saving this specially for this moment... I'm happy I can use it now!

Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499147)
Posted by Seibertron on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:24pm CDT
Or thanks to the super fast internet speed (a rarity at events like this) ... I've got the gallery posted already. While I'm working on the news story, here's a quick link to the gallery for all of you: http://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=299
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499149)
Posted by Venoose1 on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:27pm CDT
Cute
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel (1499151)
Posted by Seibertron on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:30pm CDT

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Expanded Universe 2002 Botcon Exclusive CYCLONUS by Hasbro MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 44 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Evil Predacon Rampage King Crab - Time Remaining: 8 days 9 hours 14 minutes 23 seconds
~LOT of TWO Dirge~ Transformers 2003 Commemorative Series 7 Decepticon DIRGE - Time Remaining: 8 days 13 hours 14 minutes 56 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Corvette New US Seller - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 30 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise ULTRA MAGNUS 2001 Leader Class RID Ultra Rare - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 3 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack **Brand New in Box** - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 4 minutes 10 seconds
[[PRIMECONCEPTS]] Transformers Custom STARSCREAM HFTD Leader Class - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 6 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Class Twin Cast & Autobot Blaster - Time Remaining: 24 days 20 hours 36 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive