Transformers News: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist

Saturday, June 29th, 2013 5:44PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 40,856

Transformers Collectors' Club BotCon 2013 Club Roundtable

This topic will be updated for the next 45 minutes. Please keep checking back.

Panel: Brian Savage, Pete Sinclair and Lanny Lathem

Showed us some control art / deco sheet for all BotCon 2013 exclusives.

Talked about Tech Spec art by Josh Burcham, who also drew this year's BotCon comic.

Showed us the development of the box.

Next year's club subscription incentive figure is ... Beast Wars Rampage from the First Edition Megatron figure.

Also going to do a stand alone Club exclusive for 2014 ... Transmutate from the First Edition Arcee figure. The comic that ties Rampage and Transmutate together will show you the character Transmutate would've become.

Box from Transmutate will have a spot for Rampage, similar to Runamuck and Runabout.

Transformers Figure Subscription Service 2.0

No pictures yet ... 3 that they are going to make: Chromedome from TFP Wheeljack with new head, Action Master Treadshot from Warpath, and Ironfist from FOC Roadbuster.

BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome + more

Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499254)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:59pm CDT
First Edition Megatron as Beast Wars Rampage? Wow, that looks surprisingly nice! Personally, it would scale better with other characters using the Voyager mold, but I understand why they chose the Deluxe over the Voyager. That might be the one to make me enlist in the Collector's Club.

Using First Edition Arcee as Transmutate? Clever, given that Transmutate's voice actor was Susan Blu, voice of the original Arcee.

Not sure how I feel about the next round of TFSS figures. I'll have to see Chromedome first before I make my judgement. Done some research on Treadshot: I like how that will look. Not sure on Ironfist either, but we'll see.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499259)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
Clever stuff! Now this really feels like stuff that should be exclusives. I'll never have them, but very, very nicely thought out.

Blimey, I said something positive today :shock:
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499261)
Posted by Henry921 on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:15pm CDT
Looks like Depth Charge will get his playmate.

And looks like I'll be renewing my subscription next year. ;)
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499262)
Posted by megatronus on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:16pm CDT
The FE deluxe Megatron should be released as a voyager. Even as a deluxe, it's vastly superior to Powerizers Megatron.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499265)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:19pm CDT
Not sure that I am feeling Rampage or Transmutate.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499270)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:26pm CDT
Treadshot was my first Action Master, and repainting Warpath into him makes more sense the more you think about it. Damn, I may actually have to renew...if I can afford it.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499272)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:28pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Not sure that I am feeling Rampage or Transmutate.

Perfect: that means if you renew your membership, you can ship it to me, and I don't have to pay $40 for a membership. Perfection! 8-}
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499273)
Posted by craggy on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:33pm CDT
Transmutate is okay, but not one I'm super bothered about. Rampage on the other hand is fantastic! Want! Maybe not enough to pay the Club's ridiculous shipping and deal with their crazy timing, but I might see if I can pick it up via online retailers or ebay or something.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499275)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:35pm CDT
[color=teal]I want royalties on all Chromedome sales :P

[/color]
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499276)
Posted by Mkall on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:36pm CDT
And this is announced a week after I get the Botcon 2006 set. Nice.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499288)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 29th, 2013 @ 7:15pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499291)
Posted by Mkall on June 29th, 2013 @ 7:24pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:So is the sub 2.0 only 3 figures or are those just the ones they revealed with more coming at a later point? Last year, they showed all six with mock ups at the panel.

It will be 6 figs, but they only had 3 ready. The others they wanted to do, Hasbro called dibs on.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499334)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 8:44pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

When you mean "Hasbro called dibs on", do you mean figures among the Generations lineup that are planned to be released to the general public?

If there's supposed to be three more, that makes me hopeful: these three are okay, but I was hoping for a multiple-continuity cast, like the first run had.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499377)
Posted by Mkall on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:53pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Mkall wrote:

Correct. Doubledealer was the example given.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499385)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 10:02pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Mkall wrote:

Correct. Doubledealer was the example given.

Ah, I see.

Kinda glad they didn't take Doubledealer. Didn't want to shell out more money for that specific character. Like I said before, with Doubledealer in the mix, this gives me a perfect excuse to get Sandstorm: Springer can duke it out with Blitzwing, and Sandstorm can duke it out with Doubledealer. I like to keep my teams even.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499387)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 29th, 2013 @ 10:08pm CDT
I feel stupid for unsubscribing this year . :BANG_HEAD:

Now I want depth charge to go with all the other BW stuff comming.

Ugh.

Ah well, I'll sub back next year.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499395)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 29th, 2013 @ 10:39pm CDT

As mentioned by someone else, the smaller deluxe size is a bit cheap. Rampage is supposed to be BIG!!!!! Oh well.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499413)
Posted by xyl360 on June 29th, 2013 @ 11:24pm CDT
I never believed Hasbro would pay any real attention to the Beast Wars again, at least not in any way that wasn't a simple nod (like the Beast Hunters stuff). I guess firing their current staff and possibly abandoning their 'bible' is what allowed for this as well as the offerings we're getting in Generations (Waspinator and Rhinox).

I was the one saying that they'd never even really acknowledge the Beast Wars again. I'm happy to be wrong. Crow never tasted so good, bring em' on and keep em' comin' :D!
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499418)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 29th, 2013 @ 11:46pm CDT
This is great. Never got the deluxe FE Megatron or Arcee, but now I can have them as Beast Wars characters I never got. Ironfist using the FOC Roadbuster sounds scary. Though it does tie in fantastically with the Wrecker combiner team. If they show up at retail.
Re: BotCon 2013 News: Transformers Collectors' Club Roundtable: Rampage, Transmutate, Chromedome, Treadshot, and Ironfist (1499419)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on June 29th, 2013 @ 11:53pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I'm thinking of joining up for a Rampage! Kind of bummed it isn't the BW Rampage on the right (as the figure needs the GIANT claws)... but still not a bad exclusive.

Yeah he's supposed to be big but remember that he's a Beast Wars character. Big for them is a deluxe class figure when talking scale wise. I'm not one to go on and on about things needing to be in scale, I was just trying to point out their logic.

I actually would want this done in the voyager mold though as I made a flying crab thing out of the voyager Megatron already and I don't know if it will or how well it will work with the deluxe version. It kinda reminds me of the Baund Doc from Z Gundam. I also thought that Megatron would be good as Beast Wars Scorpinok when I came up with my fan mode and Rampage certainly works for it too.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial