BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars!

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars!

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 12:06PM CST

Categories: Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 36,472

As promised the TFCC Club magazine has revealed the theme for BotCon 2013, Machine Wars! An Allspark user has received their copy of the magazine and reported the theme, which is set in the "Wings of Honor" universe.
Credit(s): The Allspark
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443864)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 3rd, 2012 @ 12:09pm CST
Machine Wars? Surprising. Thing is, we only have two characters unique to that line: Hubcap the tow truck and Megaplex the Megatron clone. What are you playing, FunPub?

I wonder if Movie Longarm is a licensed mold...
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443867)
Posted by Heckfire on December 3rd, 2012 @ 12:12pm CST
OK, curiosity officially piqued.
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443868)
Posted by NamelessOne on December 3rd, 2012 @ 12:12pm CST
Well, every cloud has a silver lining...

Looks like I'll be saving some money next year as an international collector;

For now, unless something really interesting comes down from on high, I'm out >:oP
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443875)
Posted by Rated X on December 3rd, 2012 @ 12:27pm CST
Sounds like I might be skipping this year. Ill have to wait for more info. Location ??? The trip may be a deciding factor if its a cool city...
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443877)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 3rd, 2012 @ 12:28pm CST
SLAG YES!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Cannot wait to see the toys for this! :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443880)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 3rd, 2012 @ 12:35pm CST
Yes. Yes! YES! YES!!!!!!!
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443881)
Posted by rpetras on December 3rd, 2012 @ 12:38pm CST
Thank you Funpub for saving me $$$ again this year :)
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443883)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 3rd, 2012 @ 12:45pm CST
Machine Wars? Strange, never thought that would be considered as a theme...

Unless we see some downright amazingness, I think I could skip a year of wishing for BotCon exclusives.
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443885)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 3rd, 2012 @ 12:45pm CST
Well, I'm kind of excited to see what we get for the figures this year. Machine Wars had some interesting stuff. Kinda curious if we'll finally get Hooligan from the Energon Starscream mold to finish those guys out. I wouldn't mind Cyberjet redecos either as new characters.
:BOT:
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443887)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on December 3rd, 2012 @ 1:06pm CST
Interesting.............I'll leave it at that.

Actually I won't - I have to say, let's give Soundwave a little break for now. We have an MP, FOC on the way, TFCC has done SG Soundwave..um...twice..

Let's leave him out of this set please.
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443888)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 3rd, 2012 @ 1:06pm CST

...well, FunPub will have a nearly blank canvas for whatever the hell they feel like doing, so hopefully that means creative lightning struck someone and we'll be getting our most original Botcon fiction ever!

Hmmm, anyone else thinking the most logical way to expand this would be to do a memorial to K.B. Toys? You know, a bunch of homages to their other TF exclusives? If they used the Bayniverse Bludgeon mold again plus a random Optimus mold we'd have the Destructicons, and surely there's 2 molds that'd work for early Energon Cyclonus and Demolishor. "Revenge of the Fallen Mall-Toystore" has a nice ring to it, yes?

Potential line from comic: "Our ranged weapons have somehow been neutralized! I suddenly feel very unsafe!"
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443889)
Posted by Mkall on December 3rd, 2012 @ 1:06pm CST
All right, I'm interested. Show me them figs FunPub!
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443890)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on December 3rd, 2012 @ 1:08pm CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:All I can think of is how they did Skyquake and Thunderclash in a previous Wings set, and their original toys were repainted into Machine wars Op and Starscream, but repaints of those guys from Botcon would seem to imply Wings or Honor Shattered Glass, so...

I like the KB Toys homage. That would be a great idea!
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443898)
Posted by Ginrai Minor on December 3rd, 2012 @ 1:43pm CST
Something machine wars themed that would fit in with my classics would be lovely! :-?
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443899)
Posted by Flashwave on December 3rd, 2012 @ 1:51pm CST
Well, we know that TFCC can use the Movie Terradive mold, they have it for depth charge. So there's a third of the Cyberjets right there. (be the Seeker boxsrt fiasco all over agian...) i wonder if they have acess to the Cybertron molds still? CYB Defence Red Alert as Stalker/soundwave? Classics Silverbolt as King Atlas?
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443900)
Posted by KNM2012 on December 3rd, 2012 @ 2:00pm CST
Machine Wars... Huh. >:oP

To be honest, I am not all too impressed. From a vintage standpoint, it does stand out. But I still remember when this toyline debuted. Back then, I was disappointed because I was hoping for a Generation 1 revival. And today, I feel that they have a steep hill to climb as I'd have preferred a Beast Machines follow-up. And it is my third least favorite Hasbro-based franchise.

But whatever... At least they are not doing Shattered Glass again. :lol:
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443902)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 3rd, 2012 @ 2:05pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And today, I feel that they have a steep hill to climb as I'd have preferred a Beast Machines follow-up.
Well the last few 3H-hosted BotCons/OTFCCs had the 2003 Universe series set up as a Beast Machines follow up. ;)

And there's the Japanese timeline follow up to Beast Wars Returns with Beast Wars Reborn. ;)
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443906)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 3rd, 2012 @ 2:26pm CST
Mkall wrote:All right, I'm interested. Show me them figs FunPub!

Ditto!! :APPLAUSE: :VEHI:
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443919)
Posted by phase on December 3rd, 2012 @ 3:10pm CST
I personally have been hoping for a Unicron Trilogy or RID themed BotCon, but this is pretty awesome! Like a lot of you are saying, I can see some G2 guys thrown in. If we have Voyager Soundwave by then, I could see a Stalker repaint, maybe with a Garboil repaint of Laserbeak. I could also see Megaplex, but not as a jet. Despite the head, that mold was never my Megatron, so I could see a Classics Megatron redeco. I also really want a Machine Wars Sandstorm, not only because my GDO Sandstorm has some sloppy painting, but also because it would mean we're one step closer to a Rotorstorm. I could also see some non-MW characters added in, like G2, and even some G1 characters who shared molds with MW guys (i.e. if MW Prowl were to be a repaint of Mirage, Bluestreak could do that too.) Also, this is a bit of a hint to if we're getting a deluxe Trailbreaker/cutter, as Hoist would easily be retooled from that. I'm mostly glad for more Classics figures, but I will say this: even though I liked SG, Wings is doing more, better.
Re: BotCon 2013 Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! (1443921)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 3rd, 2012 @ 3:15pm CST
The poor man's G2 during a time after G2's death. Incidentally this actually intrigues me, as there was really nothing at all to that line, so it would be neat to see it gain a life it never had. Also I totally regret not getting any of the G2 redux stuff, so this is kind of a second best thing. :-(

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering