BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank

Monday, June 16th, 2014 7:59PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,485

Popular Godzilla and occasional Transformers artist Matt Frank has announced a special print for BotCon 2014 titled All Hail Grimlock. The print features Grimlock in his various incarnations throughout the history of the Transformers franchise. Check it out below:

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events
Credit(s): Matt Frank

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582863)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:20pm CDT
Oh my god, something that makes energon grimlock look somewhat decent.
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582866)
Posted by Zeedust on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:32pm CDT
He snuck in RID Grimlock! I'm thrilled to no end by that.

I have to ask, though, what version of Grimlock is that to the right od Animated Grimlock?
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582869)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:38pm CDT
worthy to be posted up with the all Optimus Prime and all Megatron posters!
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582871)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:40pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:He snuck in RID Grimlock! I'm thrilled to no end by that.

the one with the finger pyramid of evil contemplation is the IDW one, The one in front is beast wars grimlock, and in the back is Energon Grimlock
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582873)
Posted by Zeek99g on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:41pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582875)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:45pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582876)
Posted by Break on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:46pm CDT
And just like that, I have a new wallpaper for my computer. :DANCE:
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582877)
Posted by Zeedust on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:47pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:He snuck in RID Grimlock! I'm thrilled to no end by that.

I think he's cracking his knuckle or punching his palm rather than doing the finger pyramid, but IDW Grimlock was the one I didn't recognize. Thanks!

Zeek99g wrote:It has the laser mouse grimlock?!?!

There's not many Grimlocks missing. Heck, I'm surprised Shatterd Glass Grimlock isn't up there, though I suppose that might be due to him looking like Classics Grimlock except in different colors.
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582879)
Posted by Samsonator on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:51pm CDT
I also like how, for sake of inclusion by name alone, RiD Grimlock makes an appearance under Animated's foot.
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582880)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:55pm CDT
Nice! I like that Animated Grimlock.
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582886)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 16th, 2014 @ 9:31pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582892)
Posted by Zeedust on June 16th, 2014 @ 9:43pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:I think the modified :BOT: on G1 Grimlock looks badass! I have never seen it before today. That should be the new Dinobot insignia from now on...'nuff said! :VEHI:

It belongs to the Lightning Strike Coalition. And the Fall of Cybertron Grimlock figure from Generations actually has that symbol on the toy.

As for Dinobot insignia, I'd rather they bring :DINO: back, but maybe that's just me.
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582893)
Posted by TK415 on June 16th, 2014 @ 9:44pm CDT

Is that Classics in the way back left?

IDW Grimmy doesn't have a toy, right?
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582905)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 16th, 2014 @ 10:18pm CDT
TK415 wrote:Which Grimlock is gray to the left of AOE Grimlock? Alternators Grimlock is on the bottom left, then who?

Is that Classics in the way back left?

IDW Grimmy doesn't have a toy, right?

I can't figure that one out either.

Action Master Grimlock?
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582907)
Posted by Zeedust on June 16th, 2014 @ 10:27pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:

Is that Classics in the way back left?

IDW Grimmy doesn't have a toy, right?

I can't figure that one out either.

Action Master Grimlock?

His arms seem to have tank treads, so I believe it's War Within Grimlock.

Also, yes that's Classics Grimlock in the back left, and no IDW Grimlock doesn't have a toy.
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582911)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 16th, 2014 @ 10:50pm CDT

Is that Classics in the way back left?

IDW Grimmy doesn't have a toy, right?

that looks like war within grimlock
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582912)
Posted by Autobot tap out on June 16th, 2014 @ 10:58pm CDT
Um I don't see SG grim lock in this pic. Does the artist know of his existence not to be rude and all. I like the picture. there needs to be variants of it with prime, Megatron, bumblebee ultra magnusand others that have multiple namesakes
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582915)
Posted by It Is Him on June 16th, 2014 @ 11:10pm CDT
I've never wanted an art print before. This changes everything.
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582919)
Posted by Madeus Prime on June 16th, 2014 @ 11:32pm CDT
Top to bottom, left to right:

Classics Grimlock
War Within Grimlock
Alternators Grimlock
Age of Extinction Grimlock
Pretender Grimlock
G1 Grimlock
Device Label Grimlock
Fall of Cybertron Grimlock
Animated Grimlock
Beast Wars Grimlock
Energon Grimlock
IDW Grimlock
RID Grimlock
Re: BotCon 2014 "All Hail Grimlock" Print by Matt Frank (1582934)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 17th, 2014 @ 12:23am CDT
HAHAHA, nice touch they included this guys there

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem