BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now

Thursday, June 26th, 2014 2:33AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 32,855

If you couldn't make it to this year's BotCon, and the pictures aren't enough, don't worry, because we have plenty of video footage supplied by Seibertron himself! From Kreo to Generations and everything inbetween! All videos are hosted on our official YouTube channel and we've included the embeds below.

Click to be whisked away to BotCon 2014!

BotCon 2014 Display: Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Products

BotCon 2014 Display: SDCC Transformers Exclusives G1 Dinobots Pack and Rock Band Tour Pack HD

BotCon 2014 Display: Transformers Rescue Bots and Kre-o

Botcon 2014 Display: Attendee Exclusive Souvenir Transformers Products

Botcon 2014 Display: Transformers Age of Extinction Robots In Disguise Products

Botcon 2014 Display: Transformers Construct-Bots and Stomp & Chomp Grimlock

Botcon 2014 Display: Transformers Generations and Masterpiece Products - Hasbro Display

Transformers Club Subscription Service REWIND and THRUSTINATOR Review

Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1585872)
Posted by Peridot on June 26th, 2014 @ 5:37am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hey guys, stupid question; did anybody ask at the Hasbro panel what the metal pins are for in the RID figures so we can have some sort of confirmation?

The pins for the Chomp and Stomp Grimlock that's coming out later this year. They activate his electronics and some of his weapons, depending on whether it's an Autobot of a Decepticon riding him.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1585875)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 26th, 2014 @ 5:48am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:What happened with the last wave of Beast Hunter figures, namely the simplified deluxes and legends?
This one is simple. North American retails simply didn't order any likely due to A) all the leftover unsold Beast Hunters toys they were still trying to sell, and B) AOE toys were coming and, with those being for a movie, would likely be more up their alley since retailers love (trying to sell) TF movie toys.

Ergo, they went to retailers in other continents' markets like countries in Europe and Southeast Asia.

Yep, hence all the home bargins discount stores near me have boxes of simplified deluxes...Have been tempted for windrazor and doublestrike, but only because I love their cyberverse molds. Only found the simplified voyager toys in one place so far though.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1585890)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on June 26th, 2014 @ 8:05am CDT
So much want, definitely brainstorm anyway.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1585920)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 26th, 2014 @ 9:56am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Mkall wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I think the legends figures will still come with Targetmasters. The legend and TM are gang molded so in the case of Thundercracker he would be pressed with Waspinator and would cost a fortune not to.

I think you might be mistaken. Takara have come out with the Micromaster figures separately in clear plastic. Also Nemesis Prime comes with Bumblebee's minicon and Cliffjumper come's with Prime's.

I suspect that once the Armada/Energon finished up, they wised up and decided not to gangmold minicon molds any more. Note that all the minicons in Cybertron forward featured a separate plastic colour for each, whereas before, there were many minicons on the same that shared the same dyes.

It's all hypothesis of course, considering that some in Armada were all in different dyes too.

Don't forget Takara doesn't mind spending money when it makes sense. Nemesis and Cliffjumper are in the same wave so it's easy to swap the Targetmasters. If you remember the PCC when they swapped partners around it was always within the same group of figures.

The whole gang-molding argument is moot for TakaraTomy: we've seen separate releases of the Cybertron Giant Planet Team, Universe Nightstick, and PCC Mini-Cons as campaign exclusives, despite being gang-molded with either their larger partner or with eachother. TakaraTomy has no qualms with throwing out or recycling unused parts of toys.

As a rule of thumb, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Universe and Power Core Combiners had them gang-molded, Classics did not.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586013)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 26th, 2014 @ 3:33pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:

This has been confirmed? What about the mobile app? I heard it was to scan the figure in for some reason
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586042)
Posted by Peridot on June 26th, 2014 @ 6:04pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:

Well, I'm pretty sure it's just a magnet, so there isn't really any way for a phone/tablet to scan it.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586053)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 26th, 2014 @ 6:45pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:

Magnet? You mean my TF's can stick to my fridge?
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586110)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:47pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:

This has been confirmed?
As far back as Toy Fair:

Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586122)
Posted by Peridot on June 27th, 2014 @ 12:33am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:

Magnet? You mean my TF's can stick to my fridge?

The magnet's probably too weak and the figures are too heavy, so no.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586123)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 27th, 2014 @ 12:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:

This has been confirmed?
As far back as Toy Fair:

I forgot about that video but if I'm honest the guy didn't say anything about pins or magnets.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586124)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 27th, 2014 @ 12:41am CDT
Metro Prime wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:

Magnet? You mean my TF's can stick to my fridge?

The magnet's probably too weak and the figures are too heavy, so no.

Damn so close, yet so far.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586605)
Posted by Skywarp64 on June 29th, 2014 @ 10:43am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Holy crap I want that Megatron so bad :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586665)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 29th, 2014 @ 4:53pm CDT
Skywarp64 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Do you notice the modular weapon?
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586676)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 29th, 2014 @ 5:07pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Skywarp64 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Do you notice the modular weapon?

Now that you mention it. I wonder if it will work with other weapons as well.

Plus is it just me or does it look like his arm cannon can be turned around, giving him just that slightly more G1 look (Although if I can get him, I'm slapping an Autobot badge on him)
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586693)
Posted by Skywarp64 on June 29th, 2014 @ 6:26pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

if I can get him, I'm slapping an Autobot badge on him

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? I don't think I've ever been more confused in my life. Why would you put an Autobot badge on Megatron?

Ain't that kind of like putting Cobra Commander in a G.I. Joe uniform?
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586696)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 29th, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
Megatron has joined the Autobots in the ongoing comic book series by IDW. Don't know how long that will last, but that's where the story is for now. The upcoming leader toy will come with a sticker sheet, including an Autobot logo, so you can represent the current IDW Megatron for your collection if you wish.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586698)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2014 @ 6:40pm CDT
Skywarp64 wrote:I don't think I've ever been more confused in my life. Why would you put an Autobot badge on Megatron?

Ain't that kind of like putting Cobra Commander in a G.I. Joe uniform?

In the recent issues of IDW's "More Than Meets the Eye" series, Megatron goes Autobot after [spoiler]Bumblebee sacrifices himself to save Megatron from Shockwave[/spoiler] in the "Dark Cybertron" tie-in of MTMTE and "Robots in Disguise".

Also worth noting, much like Whirl and the upcoming Roadbuster, Megatron here will come with a sticker sheet of his own, with one of the stickers being an Autobot faction symbol, intended to make Megatron more accurate to his MTMTE appearance.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586765)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 29th, 2014 @ 11:47pm CDT
Skywarp64 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

if I can get him, I'm slapping an Autobot badge on him

Ain't that kind of like putting Cobra Commander in a G.I. Joe uniform?

In my opinion yes but funny enough since Joe shares tooling left, right, and center, many Cobras, including Cobra Commander have technically been in Joe uniforms.
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586850)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 30th, 2014 @ 8:50am CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Convention Videos Online Now (1586937)
Posted by Skywarp64 on June 30th, 2014 @ 3:49pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I don't know where that panel comes from, but having seen the Lord of Decepticons wear a Autobot symbol and read the dialogue branding BUMBLEBEE as his FRIEND, I don't think I've ever been more pissed off by an image in my entire life.

Ending Soon On eBay

1985 G1 Transformers Dinobot **SLAG** Sealed Paperwork Instruction Sticker Sheet - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 19 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor DEAD END (only) Red Arm + Pipe + Hand - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 29 minutes 34 seconds
Lot of 2, Transformers Combiner Wars Figures - Wreck-Gar & Decepticon Shockwave - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 39 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Earth Planet Supreme Class Starscream w/ Crown dated 2005 - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 14 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Revoltech Kaiyodo Starscream Series No. 046 -  5" Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 19 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Power Core Combiners Steamhammer with Constructicons, dated 2010 - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 54 minutes 50 seconds
SPECIAL G1 Transformers CYCLONUS TARGETMASTER NIGHTSTICK weapon - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 50 minutes 55 seconds
G1 original transformers soundwave prerub - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 6 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents