BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries

Saturday, June 21st, 2014 8:17PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 43,944

And now for more up close and personal shots, this time of the Transformers: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise line. We have uploaded our own spectacular showroom galleries for you to see as much as your optics can take in. These include the Power Battlers and One-Step Changers as seen in our Hasbro Display Gallery. Check out a small selection from below, or check out the full gallery.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584576)
Posted by Zeedust on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:21pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584581)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:31pm CDT
So, are these Platinum Editions supposed to be US released?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584583)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:32pm CDT
So I take it Tarantulus is yet another BW character that Hasbro has no plans on making a new figure for within the next two or three years.

So we have Rattrap, Waspinator and Rhinox but Depthcharge, Rampage, Tarantulas and possibly Silverbolt are exclusive retools. If those characters can't get new molds then I doubt Airazor will so I'll continue to expect her to be a retool of Windblade at some point.

Possibly for the SS after this one they're advertising for now or maybe even next years incentive figure but that might be too soon for a mold that's not even out yet.

I checked as many of the comments as I could however it seems that everyone is too busy calling that Optimus "ugly" but I see something interesting when I look at it's design. To me, it absolutely screams Machine Wars Optimus Prime/Thunderclash update. The alt modes are very reminiscent of each other and the parts layout and transformation are similar too. Just give it a new chest plate and head and it would be perfect as Thunderclash/MW Optimus.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... /611/1/26/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... /640/1/37/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... /640/1/66/
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584584)
Posted by craggy on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:34pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:Anyone have any idea why they changed which mold they were using for Nightbeat, BTW?

I've missed this in all the news, who is Nightbeat a repaint of now?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584588)
Posted by Zeedust on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:46pm CDT
craggy wrote:

I've missed this in all the news, who is Nightbeat a repaint of now?

He was based on the "Reveal the Shield" Jazz mold, with a new head and speakers replaced by searchlights. Now they're using the Generations Bumblebee mold with a new head but no other retooling. I was wondering if they said anything at Botcon about the reason for the switch.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584589)
Posted by Zeedust on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:53pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:If those characters can't get new molds then I doubt Airazor will so I'll continue to expect her to be a retool of Windblade at some point.

I doubt Fun Pub will do Airazor either, since they already got her early on. And honestly, if someone does decide to do a retool or windblade, I think a more interesting idea would be to go back to the concept ideas that are out there which feature her as a knight or a Roman-style warrior. And if Funpub does a Knight Windblade, they could get reuse out of the knight insignia they designed for Botcon this year to boot.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584591)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:03pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:

I hope they 'll pull a springer/sandstorm, tfp arcee/chromia and make slipstream from windblade. You can say they won't because of the club, but what else is there for femjets.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584593)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:09pm CDT
Agreed on slipstream. Been holding my breath for that
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584594)
Posted by Zeedust on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:14pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:

You're right, I can't say they won't because of the club. The club doesn't really seem to have any influence on what Hasbro does except maybe indirectly.

I'm not sure how likely it is, but this sort of major retool would have to be doon by Hasbro/Takara themselves. And given the way they've got Generations set up currently, they'd probably want to have Slipstream in the IDW comics so they could have something to reprint with her toy (and let's be honest, there's other good reasons for this to happen too). So if it does happen, we'll probably see it coming.

Maybe if they make that Slipstream, they could also turn Chromia into Flamewar?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584597)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:29pm CDT

You did a headmaster scorpinok, yeah thats cool we made an all new headmaster mold without having to Frankenstein an energon mold and a g1 headmaster. Also his head can turn, the little guy can actually fit in the vehicle mode cockpit, and we didnt missassemble our toy.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584601)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:35pm CDT
Ok Burn, I know you have my quote on you sig line about betting a Metroplex that Hasbro was going to screw us on Arcee... well, I am not going to consider THAT clunky Brickformer with more back-kibble than most of the TF4 figures to be a serious attempt by Hasbro at a decent Arcee. Half a dozen 3rd party companies have done FAR better than the #1 toy company in the entire Northern Hemisphere so I'm still saying we got screwed and I'm not touching that toy. Try Again Hasbro and keep trying until you get it right!!

Pretty cool to see some of the other Generations figures though although I'm a bit disappointed that they are still getting lazy and bringing in figures from different lines and repainting them and passing them off as our beloved "Classic" characters. I find that rather insulting.

Not sure what to make of that Voyager Prime but I can tell from the pics that I already like it better than the Evasion Mode Prime so I guess I'll be adding that one to my Prime collection. Disappoints that Megatrons guns are so puny but that's tolerable since I like the rest of the figure in both tank and robot modes. Haven't seen a decent Megs since Classics line first started (I'm not counting the recent Legends figure. It's very cool but too tiny to be lumped in with the others)
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584602)
Posted by knightsix on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:36pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584604)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:37pm CDT
Come on be a man, burn called you out fair an square. Own up.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584605)
Posted by Zeedust on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:42pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Nah to soon for flamewar unless someone at Hasbros in a massive pissing contest with someone at funpub.

It's the only female Decepticon I could think of who'd work with Chromia's mold. Really, I just think if they do Slipstream, they might as well do some gal-pals for her so she's not the only female Decepticon in the entire IDW universe.

knightsix wrote:I doubt we'll see a Slipstream anytime soon. They just had her in the TFSS last year. Plus Nautica was already designed to be a retool of Windblade, so that's likely the next variant we see out of her. But she'll be a general release. Nautica's a submersible, though, so can anyone be retooled or repainted from her?

Thunderblast, maybe?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584606)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:50pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584607)
Posted by knightsix on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:51pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:

Thunderblast, maybe?

Thunderblast! Yes! I could easily see that!
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584608)
Posted by Hero on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:54pm CDT
So we're finally getting Masterpiece Sideswipe?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584610)
Posted by knightsix on June 21st, 2014 @ 10:00pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:How do you make a jet into a boat o_o, im not being a that way, i honestly want to know. Plus to be fair by the time a remold retool of windblade may or may not come out, tfss slipstream will be a few years old. How long was it from wings scourge to generations?

Well, it's more of a submarine. The turbines will act as propellers instead. The wings are shorter and will probably be oriented differently in submersible mode. Plus a different vehicle nose.

Hydrodynamic isn't all that separated from aerodynamic. Heck, Depthcharge used to be a Manta Ray, now he's a jet in Timelines.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584612)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 21st, 2014 @ 10:07pm CDT
I gotta tip my hat to Hasbro, they're really making the 30th line all inclusive and they have some solid stuff coming out. Even if half of the figures get canceled, which is always a possibility, the next 12-15 months looks really good. I'm so gonna run out of space
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise Showroom Galleries (1584613)
Posted by Grimlock64 on June 21st, 2014 @ 10:09pm CDT
Zap is the only one I really want.

And as dumb as it sounds, it's only because I want that G.B. Blackrock Kreon. XD

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Parts 1985 THUNDERCRACKER wing set pair - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 6 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers G1 Reissue 2009 PERCEPTOR figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 24 minutes 20 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Thundercracker MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 38 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise Groundbuster Action Figure Legion Class - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 40 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Optimus Prime & Rodimus Prime Clear ver. Sons Of Cybertron set MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 30 minutes 43 seconds
TAKARATOMY Transformers Beast Wars Henkei! Henkei! C-16 Dinobot Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 36 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE MP-26 ROAD RAGE Chevrolet Stingray - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 33 seconds
TRANSMETALS TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS OPTIMAL OPTIMUS MAXIMUL IN BOX - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 48 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive