Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0

Saturday, June 21st, 2014 6:20PM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Collector's Club News, Event News, Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 29,783

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

With the mainline shenanigans out of the way, it's time for the more expensive spectrum of the Transformers fandom: the Transformers Collectors' Club! TFSS 3.0's selection has some interesting choices:

* Generation One Krok from Generations IDW Megatron (sports a new head and comes with Gatoraider, a redeco of the crocodile Arms Micron)

* Generation 2 Starscream from (surprising nobody) Classics Starscream

* Nacelle from the Classics Seeker mold (regular Seeker noggin with BotCon 2007 Thrust's wings)

* Serpent O.R. from Takara's Generations Ratbat (who is G.I. Joe Serpentor homage and an homage to Devils Due Comics' GI Joe vs. the Transformers crossover series)

* Zap with G.B. Blackrock from Generations Bumblebee mold and is an homage to a canceled Block Town toy line that Takara was going to come out with in 1995. Blackrock is a Kreon companion for Zap.

* Tarantulas from the Junkion mold, and will be accompanied by Prime Airachnid's Arms Microns (possible Airachnoid homage?)

According to our team present at the panel, there will be a seventh mystery figure to be shipped with the sixth and final figure.

Check out the mock-ups of these figures below!

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0

The full gallery with some close-ups on some mock-ups can be seen by clicking here!
Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584528)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:24pm CDT
Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584529)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:31pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:Has anyone else realized that Chromia is a massive retooling of PRID Arcee?


I think it might be one of those similar designs with separate molds things, like how Energon Starscream is similar to G2 Smokescreen but they don't share any actual tooling.

Speaking of retools (and Starscream), they couldn't save either Nacelle or G2 Starscream for next year's FSS?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584530)
Posted by leakin' lubricant on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
Hideous every one of them, was really interested to see new versions of Prime and Megs, also the bonus of a proper CHUG Powerglide, but Hasbro have really screwed these up, over simplified transformations with blocky miss proportioned bot modes. Good thing the 3rd party firms are knocking stuff out of the park these days.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584531)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
Those TFSS figures are some fantastically bizarre homages.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584532)
Posted by ausbot on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:43pm CDT
I loved the TFSS 2 but this feels very Meh, to me, I am interested in finding out what the "free" figure is.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584533)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:48pm CDT
Arcee taking nods from delicate warrior? Either way she and Chromia rock!

Don't hear anyone complaining about Arcee's butt flaps btw.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584534)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:48pm CDT
At this point I wish they would just stop using that stupid Classic Seeker mold. We've since gotten the newer and better FOC Seeker for them to use. Of course that's just my opinion. I know that G2 Starscream was just a repaint of the G1 figure so it makes sense for FP to use it. But would it really hurt to change the physical appearance of the character to better fit today's style? The Classics Seeker is clumsy, blocky, and old.

Aside from G2 Screamer and Nacelle, I'm pretty happy with the reveals as long as Tarantulas has his colors adjusted.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584535)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:50pm CDT
Well it seems as though the tfss creative well is drying a bit. Oh well, at least i won't be missing out on anything important like these last two.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584536)
Posted by Mkall on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:52pm CDT
I want all 6 (7). I will be so in on this set.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584537)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:59pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.


How?

I thought you had to buy the whole set...

All I want is Krok
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584538)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:01pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.


How?

I thought you had to buy the whole set...

All I want is Krok


If there's any leftover stock after shipping the figures out, the Club usually sticks the individuals on the Club Store. Alternatively, one can go to online retailers such as Big Bad Toy Store or TFSource and get specific individuals from there.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584540)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:08pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.


How?

I thought you had to buy the whole set...

All I want is Krok


If there's any leftover stock after shipping the figures out, the Club usually sticks the individuals on the Club Store. Alternatively, one can go to online retailers such as Big Bad Toy Store or TFSource and get specific individuals from there.


Alternate alternatively, you can sometimes find someone to split a set with. I'm actually already in on 1/6th of a sub for Nacelle.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584541)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:08pm CDT
Prime' design reminds me of the big animatronic Powermaster in the old TF G1 videos with the Tommy Kennedy kid.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Puppetpmprime.jpg
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584542)
Posted by Rated X on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:10pm CDT
G2 Starscream !!! Yes !!!! :D

Weird blue seeker ? Why not ? Who is she anyways ?

Taruantlas...maybe...

The others totally suck.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584543)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:12pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:Alternate alternatively, you can sometimes find someone to split a set with.


That too! :lol:

fenrir72 wrote:Prime' design reminds me of the big animatronic Powermaster in the old TF G1 videos with the Tommy Kennedy kid.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Puppetpmprime.jpg


Y'know, as I was looking at this thing, I was getting a Powermaster/Godmaster vibe from it for whatever reason. If this gets a third party Powermaster converting trailer/armor, I'd be game for it.

But besides that, I'm perfectly happy with my Classics Voyager. Had this been revealed exactly a year ago, I would've pounced on it, no questions asked.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584544)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:12pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Well it seems as though the tfss creative well is drying a bit. Oh well, at least i won't be missing out on anything important like these last two.


I think another part of the issue is that they've come up with plenty of things for their comics that are based on pre-existing toys and could easily be used for things like the FSS, and then not gone ahead and produced them. The "Beast Wars: Uprising" designs, in particular, are a very visible case of this, but it goes back way further. To say nothing of they fact that I'm not sure what's stopping them from doing pre-existing designs like Ser-Ket or Flatline that are already based on a pre-existing toy mold.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584545)
Posted by Rated X on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:15pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:At this point I wish they would just stop using that stupid Classic Seeker mold. We've since gotten the newer and better FOC Seeker for them to use. Of course that's just my opinion. I know that G2 Starscream was just a repaint of the G1 figure so it makes sense for FP to use it. But would it really hurt to change the physical appearance of the character to better fit today's style? The Classics Seeker is clumsy, blocky, and old.

Aside from G2 Screamer and Nacelle, I'm pretty happy with the reveals as long as Tarantulas has his colors adjusted.



I love the seeker mold cant get enough of it. Hope we get that red seeker for the free figure. I would love that. The FOC seeker mold is just ok. Too video gamish for me...
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584546)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:15pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.


How?

I thought you had to buy the whole set...

All I want is Krok


If there's any leftover stock after shipping the figures out, the Club usually sticks the individuals on the Club Store. Alternatively, one can go to online retailers such as Big Bad Toy Store or TFSource and get specific individuals from there.


Oh, what's the average rate for just one?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584547)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:16pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Weird blue seeker ? Why not ? Who is she anyways ?


Nacelle is a new Club original character. The deco is based on this proto-Thrust:

Image

Image

Source: http://www.tf-1.com/articles/eurous/ear ... plate.html
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584549)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:18pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.


How?

I thought you had to buy the whole set...

All I want is Krok


If there's any leftover stock after shipping the figures out, the Club usually sticks the individuals on the Club Store. Alternatively, one can go to online retailers such as Big Bad Toy Store or TFSource and get specific individuals from there.


Oh, what's the average rate for just one?


There's really no average. It depends on the popularity of the character. If it's someone like Circuit, probably dirt cheap for a TFCC exclusive (thirty-ish bucks). If it's someone like Slipstream or Robots in Disguise Scourge, could go up to or more than $100.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584552)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:26pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Well it seems as though the tfss creative well is drying a bit. Oh well, at least i won't be missing out on anything important like these last two.


I think another part of the issue is that they've come up with plenty of things for their comics that are based on pre-existing toys and could easily be used for things like the FSS, and then not gone ahead and produced them. The "Beast Wars: Uprising" designs, in particular, are a very visible case of this, but it goes back way further. To say nothing of they fact that I'm not sure what's stopping them from doing pre-existing designs like Ser-Ket or Flatline that are already based on a pre-existing toy mold.

If they did something like that, then sure I'd sign up. But as it stands, g2 Starscreams the only one I'm tempted by, but its mostly because im trying to build a neo g2 collection. I say next years going to be one of the cheapest tfss aftermarkets
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584553)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:28pm CDT
Man im torn on arcee & chromia, they are obviously shellformers but the detailing is awesome. The one step chopper drift looks interesting as does slag the rest not so much, way to many repaints going on with those. Depending on price ill probably get that 3 pack with prime, crankcase & rollbar, i wanted skids but never saw him and that prime looks so much better than the main release. As for the rest of the generations they look good but ill be picking & choosing with those once again cause of the over pricing. I am a bit disappointed that they have 2 versions of the same figure at the same time, both megs look awesome but should've either just picked one version or waited a while for the other. Also upset that the simplification is leeching into generations, not as bad as AOE but its there. But still nothing there that id consider a must have, closest thing would be brainstorm only for the head master gimmick.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584554)
Posted by mirageandjazz1197 on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:33pm CDT
Fan pub did not create Nacelle Exodus did along with Hotlink and Bitstream


http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nacelle
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584555)
Posted by philswitch engage on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:35pm CDT
Wow, I am one and done for subscription service. I may hit up ebay for Krok, but that's about it.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584558)
Posted by DEANO85 on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:47pm CDT
Hope this means more generations headmasters. Want a new Chromedome. Brainstorm looks awesome.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584560)
Posted by Tresob on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:49pm CDT
Arcee is a "must get" from these images...and I'll be up for Powerglide if I see him (although I'm still pretty content with my cyberverse update) and Bombshell...wait a sec...where are his hands??!?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584561)
Posted by durroth on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:51pm CDT
I... REALLY don't know what to think of that OP. I'm guessing it's another Simplified Voyager? It looks very stylized for younger audiences. Megatron looks great aside from the skinny legs, but I'll reserve judgement on those for when I can see it in hand. I want a few of the legends figures, probably will get the TFSS figures, definitely getting Chromedome, and Arcee and Chromia will be great. Kind of wondering if they plan to retool Chromia into Ariel/Elita-1 at some point. It definitely looks like a heavy retool of Arcee, or at least they have the same transformation scheme... does tarantulas look like he's pulling twinsies with thrustinator a bit?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584564)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:53pm CDT
Chromia and Brainstorm.....best in show. Arcee is awesome but too much kibble. Still good to see it though.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584565)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:54pm CDT
Pete said at a panel its dawn of the futures past tarantulas, at least according to tfw.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584566)
Posted by Spider5800 on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:54pm CDT
Image

Any idea where this exclusive is gonna be available at? I would love to pick these all up at once without having to search multiple Target's and TRU's in my area, lol.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584567)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:59pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote:Image

Any idea where this exclusive is gonna be available at? I would love to pick these all up at once without having to search multiple Target's and TRU's in my area, lol.


It's a Platinum Edition set. All of those are exclusive to Toy "R" Us. ;)
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584568)
Posted by necr0blivion on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:00pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I love the seeker mold cant get enough of it. Hope we get that red seeker for the free figure. I would love that. The FOC seeker mold is just ok. Too video gamish for me...

Yeah, I'm surprised Red Wing *giggle* didn't make it on this list. But he could still be the 7th figure, next year's free sub figure, the companion sell figure, or even in next year's BotCon set. But seeing how we've got seeker mold representing here, I'm hoping he's the 7th figure.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584570)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:01pm CDT
Of course I'm getting the Seekers for I am a true Starscream collector. I'm thinking of getting everyone except for Zap and maybe Tarantulas. I think Junkheap's neon repaint into Tarantulas is just urging me to vomit. :SICK:
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584571)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:04pm CDT
Want to see some up-close and personal photo shots of newly revealed Generations: Age of Extinction and Platinum Edtion figures? Then look no further, as we have uploaded our showroom galleries of this particular group of figures! In these galleries, we get a nice look at each figure, including Lockdown and his gunface! Check out the preview images below, and if you wish to see more, click here to view the full gallery.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
There's even a direct reference to "Farmageddon"!
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584572)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:11pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:
Rated X wrote:I love the seeker mold cant get enough of it. Hope we get that red seeker for the free figure. I would love that. The FOC seeker mold is just ok. Too video gamish for me...

Yeah, I'm surprised Red Wing *giggle* didn't make it on this list. But he could still be the 7th figure, next year's free sub figure, the companion sell figure, or even in next year's BotCon set. But seeing how we've got seeker mold representing here, I'm hoping he's the 7th figure.


As the child of a podiatrist, I fervently hope Red Wing gets made some day. I want a Seeker named after a shoe company.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584574)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:16pm CDT
And now for more up close and personal shots, this time of the Transformers: Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise line. We have uploaded our own spectacular showroom galleries for you to see as much as your optics can take in. These include the Power Battlers and One-Step Changers as seen in our Hasbro Display Gallery. Check out a small selection from below, or check out the full gallery.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584576)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:21pm CDT
Anyone have any idea why they changed which mold they were using for Nightbeat, BTW?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584581)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:31pm CDT
So, are these Platinum Editions supposed to be US released?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584583)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:32pm CDT
So I take it Tarantulus is yet another BW character that Hasbro has no plans on making a new figure for within the next two or three years.

So we have Rattrap, Waspinator and Rhinox but Depthcharge, Rampage, Tarantulas and possibly Silverbolt are exclusive retools. If those characters can't get new molds then I doubt Airazor will so I'll continue to expect her to be a retool of Windblade at some point.

Possibly for the SS after this one they're advertising for now or maybe even next years incentive figure but that might be too soon for a mold that's not even out yet.

I checked as many of the comments as I could however it seems that everyone is too busy calling that Optimus "ugly" but I see something interesting when I look at it's design. To me, it absolutely screams Machine Wars Optimus Prime/Thunderclash update. The alt modes are very reminiscent of each other and the parts layout and transformation are similar too. Just give it a new chest plate and head and it would be perfect as Thunderclash/MW Optimus.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... /611/1/26/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... /640/1/37/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... /640/1/66/
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584584)
Posted by craggy on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:34pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:Anyone have any idea why they changed which mold they were using for Nightbeat, BTW?

I've missed this in all the news, who is Nightbeat a repaint of now?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584588)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:46pm CDT
craggy wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Anyone have any idea why they changed which mold they were using for Nightbeat, BTW?

I've missed this in all the news, who is Nightbeat a repaint of now?


He was based on the "Reveal the Shield" Jazz mold, with a new head and speakers replaced by searchlights. Now they're using the Generations Bumblebee mold with a new head but no other retooling. I was wondering if they said anything at Botcon about the reason for the switch.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584589)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:53pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:If those characters can't get new molds then I doubt Airazor will so I'll continue to expect her to be a retool of Windblade at some point.


I doubt Fun Pub will do Airazor either, since they already got her early on. And honestly, if someone does decide to do a retool or windblade, I think a more interesting idea would be to go back to the concept ideas that are out there which feature her as a knight or a Roman-style warrior. And if Funpub does a Knight Windblade, they could get reuse out of the knight insignia they designed for Botcon this year to boot.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584591)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:03pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:If those characters can't get new molds then I doubt Airazor will so I'll continue to expect her to be a retool of Windblade at some point.


I doubt Fun Pub will do Airazor either, since they already got her early on. And honestly, if someone does decide to do a retool or windblade, I think a more interesting idea would be to go back to the concept ideas that are out there which feature her as a knight or a Roman-style warrior. And if Funpub does a Knight Windblade, they could get reuse out of the knight insignia they designed for Botcon this year to boot.

I hope they 'll pull a springer/sandstorm, tfp arcee/chromia and make slipstream from windblade. You can say they won't because of the club, but what else is there for femjets.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584593)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:09pm CDT
Agreed on slipstream. Been holding my breath for that
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584594)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:14pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:If those characters can't get new molds then I doubt Airazor will so I'll continue to expect her to be a retool of Windblade at some point.


I doubt Fun Pub will do Airazor either, since they already got her early on. And honestly, if someone does decide to do a retool or windblade, I think a more interesting idea would be to go back to the concept ideas that are out there which feature her as a knight or a Roman-style warrior. And if Funpub does a Knight Windblade, they could get reuse out of the knight insignia they designed for Botcon this year to boot.

I hope they 'll pull a springer/sandstorm, tfp arcee/chromia and make slipstream from windblade. You can say they won't because of the club, but what else is there for femjets.


You're right, I can't say they won't because of the club. The club doesn't really seem to have any influence on what Hasbro does except maybe indirectly.

I'm not sure how likely it is, but this sort of major retool would have to be doon by Hasbro/Takara themselves. And given the way they've got Generations set up currently, they'd probably want to have Slipstream in the IDW comics so they could have something to reprint with her toy (and let's be honest, there's other good reasons for this to happen too). So if it does happen, we'll probably see it coming.

Maybe if they make that Slipstream, they could also turn Chromia into Flamewar?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584597)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:29pm CDT
Nah to soon for flamewar unless someone at Hasbros in a massive pissing contest with someone at funpub.

You did a headmaster scorpinok, yeah thats cool we made an all new headmaster mold without having to Frankenstein an energon mold and a g1 headmaster. Also his head can turn, the little guy can actually fit in the vehicle mode cockpit, and we didnt missassemble our toy.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584601)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:35pm CDT
Ok Burn, I know you have my quote on you sig line about betting a Metroplex that Hasbro was going to screw us on Arcee... well, I am not going to consider THAT clunky Brickformer with more back-kibble than most of the TF4 figures to be a serious attempt by Hasbro at a decent Arcee. Half a dozen 3rd party companies have done FAR better than the #1 toy company in the entire Northern Hemisphere so I'm still saying we got screwed and I'm not touching that toy. Try Again Hasbro and keep trying until you get it right!!

Pretty cool to see some of the other Generations figures though although I'm a bit disappointed that they are still getting lazy and bringing in figures from different lines and repainting them and passing them off as our beloved "Classic" characters. I find that rather insulting.

Not sure what to make of that Voyager Prime but I can tell from the pics that I already like it better than the Evasion Mode Prime so I guess I'll be adding that one to my Prime collection. Disappoints that Megatrons guns are so puny but that's tolerable since I like the rest of the figure in both tank and robot modes. Haven't seen a decent Megs since Classics line first started (I'm not counting the recent Legends figure. It's very cool but too tiny to be lumped in with the others)
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584602)
Posted by knightsix on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:36pm CDT
I doubt we'll see a Slipstream anytime soon. They just had her in the TFSS last year. Plus Nautica was already designed to be a retool of Windblade, so that's likely the next variant we see out of her. But she'll be a general release. Nautica's a submersible, though, so can anyone be retooled or repainted from her?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584604)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:37pm CDT
Come on be a man, burn called you out fair an square. Own up.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584605)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 21st, 2014 @ 9:42pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Nah to soon for flamewar unless someone at Hasbros in a massive pissing contest with someone at funpub.


It's the only female Decepticon I could think of who'd work with Chromia's mold. Really, I just think if they do Slipstream, they might as well do some gal-pals for her so she's not the only female Decepticon in the entire IDW universe.

knightsix wrote:I doubt we'll see a Slipstream anytime soon. They just had her in the TFSS last year. Plus Nautica was already designed to be a retool of Windblade, so that's likely the next variant we see out of her. But she'll be a general release. Nautica's a submersible, though, so can anyone be retooled or repainted from her?


Thunderblast, maybe?

Click here to view an additional 255 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014