BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0

Saturday, June 21st, 2014 6:20PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collectables, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 44,292

With the mainline shenanigans out of the way, it's time for the more expensive spectrum of the Transformers fandom: the Transformers Collectors' Club! TFSS 3.0's selection has some interesting choices:

* Generation One Krok from Generations IDW Megatron (sports a new head and comes with Gatoraider, a redeco of the crocodile Arms Micron)

* Generation 2 Starscream from (surprising nobody) Classics Starscream

* Nacelle from the Classics Seeker mold (regular Seeker noggin with BotCon 2007 Thrust's wings)

* Serpent O.R. from Takara's Generations Ratbat (who is G.I. Joe Serpentor homage and an homage to Devils Due Comics' GI Joe vs. the Transformers crossover series)

* Zap with G.B. Blackrock from Generations Bumblebee mold and is an homage to a canceled Block Town toy line that Takara was going to come out with in 1995. Blackrock is a Kreon companion for Zap.

* Tarantulas from the Junkion mold, and will be accompanied by Prime Airachnid's Arms Microns (possible Airachnoid homage?)

According to our team present at the panel, there will be a seventh mystery figure to be shipped with the sixth and final figure.

Check out the mock-ups of these figures below!

The full gallery with some close-ups on some mock-ups can be seen by clicking here!
Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584528)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:24pm CDT
Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584529)
Posted by Zeedust on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:31pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:Has anyone else realized that Chromia is a massive retooling of PRID Arcee?

I think it might be one of those similar designs with separate molds things, like how Energon Starscream is similar to G2 Smokescreen but they don't share any actual tooling.

Speaking of retools (and Starscream), they couldn't save either Nacelle or G2 Starscream for next year's FSS?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584530)
Posted by leakin' lubricant on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
Hideous every one of them, was really interested to see new versions of Prime and Megs, also the bonus of a proper CHUG Powerglide, but Hasbro have really screwed these up, over simplified transformations with blocky miss proportioned bot modes. Good thing the 3rd party firms are knocking stuff out of the park these days.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584531)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
Those TFSS figures are some fantastically bizarre homages.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584532)
Posted by ausbot on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:43pm CDT
I loved the TFSS 2 but this feels very Meh, to me, I am interested in finding out what the "free" figure is.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584533)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:48pm CDT
Arcee taking nods from delicate warrior? Either way she and Chromia rock!

Don't hear anyone complaining about Arcee's butt flaps btw.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584534)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:48pm CDT

Aside from G2 Screamer and Nacelle, I'm pretty happy with the reveals as long as Tarantulas has his colors adjusted.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584535)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:50pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584536)
Posted by Mkall on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:52pm CDT
I want all 6 (7). I will be so in on this set.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584537)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 21st, 2014 @ 6:59pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.

How?

I thought you had to buy the whole set...

All I want is Krok
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584538)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:01pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.

How?

I thought you had to buy the whole set...

All I want is Krok

If there's any leftover stock after shipping the figures out, the Club usually sticks the individuals on the Club Store. Alternatively, one can go to online retailers such as Big Bad Toy Store or TFSource and get specific individuals from there.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584540)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:08pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.

How?

I thought you had to buy the whole set...

All I want is Krok

Alternate alternatively, you can sometimes find someone to split a set with. I'm actually already in on 1/6th of a sub for Nacelle.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584541)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:08pm CDT

Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584542)
Posted by Rated X on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:10pm CDT
G2 Starscream !!! Yes !!!! :D

Weird blue seeker ? Why not ? Who is she anyways ?

Taruantlas...maybe...

The others totally suck.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584543)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:12pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:
Alternate alternatively, you can sometimes find someone to split a set with.

That too! :lol:

fenrir72 wrote:Prime' design reminds me of the big animatronic Powermaster in the old TF G1 videos with the Tommy Kennedy kid.

Y'know, as I was looking at this thing, I was getting a Powermaster/Godmaster vibe from it for whatever reason. If this gets a third party Powermaster converting trailer/armor, I'd be game for it.

But besides that, I'm perfectly happy with my Classics Voyager. Had this been revealed exactly a year ago, I would've pounced on it, no questions asked.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584544)
Posted by Zeedust on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:12pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Well it seems as though the tfss creative well is drying a bit. Oh well, at least i won't be missing out on anything important like these last two.

I think another part of the issue is that they've come up with plenty of things for their comics that are based on pre-existing toys and could easily be used for things like the FSS, and then not gone ahead and produced them. The "Beast Wars: Uprising" designs, in particular, are a very visible case of this, but it goes back way further. To say nothing of they fact that I'm not sure what's stopping them from doing pre-existing designs like Ser-Ket or Flatline that are already based on a pre-existing toy mold.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584545)
Posted by Rated X on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:15pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:At this point I wish they would just stop using that stupid Classic Seeker mold. We've since gotten the newer and better FOC Seeker for them to use. Of course that's just my opinion. I know that G2 Starscream was just a repaint of the G1 figure so it makes sense for FP to use it. But would it really hurt to change the physical appearance of the character to better fit today's style? The Classics Seeker is clumsy, blocky, and old.

I love the seeker mold cant get enough of it. Hope we get that red seeker for the free figure. I would love that. The FOC seeker mold is just ok. Too video gamish for me...
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584546)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:15pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.

How?

I thought you had to buy the whole set...

All I want is Krok

Oh, what's the average rate for just one?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584547)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:16pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Weird blue seeker ? Why not ? Who is she anyways ?

Nacelle is a new Club original character. The deco is based on this proto-Thrust:

Source: http://www.tf-1.com/articles/eurous/ear ... plate.html
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Mock-ups of Transformers Subscription Service 3.0 (1584549)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 21st, 2014 @ 7:18pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:Definitely getting Nacelle and Krok.

How?

I thought you had to buy the whole set...

All I want is Krok

Oh, what's the average rate for just one?

There's really no average. It depends on the popularity of the character. If it's someone like Circuit, probably dirt cheap for a TFCC exclusive (thirty-ish bucks). If it's someone like Slipstream or Robots in Disguise Scourge, could go up to or more than $100.

Ending Soon On eBay

Vintage 80's G1 Transformers Wingspan - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 36 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Age Of Extinction Construct-bots Dinofire Grimlock And Optimus - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 22 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Takara LG18 Armada Starscream Super Mode Thundercracker New In USA! - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 42 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 MICROMASTERS TANKER TRANSPORT SQUAD MEMBER GUSHER AND PIPELINE! - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 56 minutes 27 seconds
Bumblebee Red  100% Complete 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 48 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers ROTF Revenge Of The Fallen NEST Alliance Bumblebee Deluxe Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 34 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars MOTORMASTER & BlackJack New No Box - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 36 minutes 23 seconds
Vintage G1 Transformers 1987 Trainbots Yukikaze LEFT RAIDEN LEG CANNON Japan - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 46 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents