Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders

Saturday, June 21st, 2014 4:30PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 44,868

We got a small taste at what's to come with the on-floor gallery of several of the new Generations toys revealed today, but are you ready for a whole serving? That's right, it's official images time!

First dish of the meal are the Generations Legends figures, whose ranks were reinforced with the arrival of Nemesis Prime (obligatory baddie redeco of the previous Optimus Prime mold) with Spinister(redeco of Bumblebee's partner Blazemaster); Cliffjumper (more than obligatory redeco of the previous Bumblebee mold) with Suppressor (redeco of Optimus Prime's partner Roller); and currently parnter-less Thundercracker, Windcharger, Powerglide, and Bombshell (that's right, he's Bombshell now, no longer Hardshell!)

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders

The next part of the meal encompasses the newly revealed Generations Deluxes, the long-overdue Arcee and Chromia!

Also available on the menu are two entrees of your choosing: Brainstorm (with a functioning Headmaster gimmick!) and Optimus Prime (loosely based on his appearance in the IDW comics)

And finally, to round off the meal, we have double trouble Megatrons! The first Megatron is slavishly Generation One, while the second version of Megatron takes his ques from his Armada counterpart (complete with his classic serrated horns!)

Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584465)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:34pm CDT
Loving Powerglide, Megatron and Bombshell. The Arcee looks cute but Delicate warrior is cuter IMO. Very impressed overall though, looks like the dark days of 2012 are well and truly over
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584467)
Posted by Amelie on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:35pm CDT
If I give Chromia Arcee's head and paint the pink blue - it becomes YURI from Tron. :D
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584473)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:42pm CDT

versus:

:APPLAUSE:
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584475)
Posted by HiddenElephant on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:43pm CDT
The legends look good, and I really like Bombshock.
I don't like the way Arcee was done too terribly much. Too much backpack is the primary issue. Also, points to me for saying Chromia is a remold.
Brainstorm looks really flepin' good, even if he is incredibly simple.
Optimus Prime is....Super Blocky! It makes me laugh a little bit. That, and how simple he is as well. And his vehicle mode is interesting too.
As for the Megatrons, well, Armada is sadly a remold of the IDW(?) and does not appear to come with a minicon, though he sports the pegs for it. Also the mold isn't as proportioned as I'd want with a Megatron, with too-thin legs to support the large mold.
Also, much simple.

All-in-all, some may be unhappy with the more simple transformations. Some may be happier with the blocky-bots. But, I think that if this is handled right, these voyagers and leaders are the right kind of toys to ensure the next generation of fans to support the Transformers.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584477)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:44pm CDT
I don't care what anyone says: that Armada Megatron is absolutely brilliant. Though I wish the cannon was attatched to a joint that could allow for the hip-mounted fusion cannon. :-(
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584478)
Posted by Madeus Prime on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:44pm CDT
Nemesis Prime looks sweet, been looking for an excuse to buy this figure

Cliffjumper looks a bit Decepticon-y with that purple detailing

Thundercracker is kind of meh, we've got FOC Seekers and that's good enough for me

Windcharger looks really weird, I know the original Tailgate was a repaint, but this is just not doing it for me

Powerglide couldn't look any better unless this was scaled to a deluxe

Bombshell is rounding out the Insecticons, what do you want to bet we'll have a Kickback soon

Arcee = Instant buy

Chromia looks great, but that backpack looks worse then the original mold's

Brainstorm NEEDS a Briefcase!!!

Optimus is...ok? I'm praying that is just a bad photo of the robot and that the Vehicle will feature more paint

Both Megatrons look like crap. I'm sorry, but I was expecting the awesome IDW design and not a brick that makes the G1 version look more fun. (I love the G1 design, but honestly, he look's SOOO brickish)
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584479)
Posted by Cyhwuhx on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:46pm CDT
If that Chromia isn't getting an Afterburner redeco, I'll throw stuff out of the pram.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584481)
Posted by Primeultimus on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:46pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584482)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:49pm CDT
Bombshell is a must-have for me. Hopefully we get a Kickback, too (and even better the other "Deluxe" Insecticons).
And hopefully I can find a Shrapnel.

I wonder if they'll be ditching the partners, given how they haven't shown any for those 4 and how Bombshell and Powerglide lack any ports. That'd suck, but maybe they'll be a bit cheaper. And maybe less prone to unfortunate shelfwarming since 2-packs seem cursed in that regard: PCCs, HA Basics, Data Discs...

Really disappointed with how Armada Megs turned out, and I dunno what's even going on with that Voyager Optimus. Don't suppose that's indicative of what the new design team can do?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584486)
Posted by Darth Jumpy on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:53pm CDT

I will be getting Arcee, since it is finally an official G1 Arcee, but I can't help but think that it would be a bit better if the backpack could fold up a tiny bit more.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584488)
Posted by Primeultimus on June 21st, 2014 @ 4:56pm CDT
I had several posts removed that were up over a hour before and I was not properly credited.

I need someone from News Staff to contact me. I spent much time and effort making those posts.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584490)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 21st, 2014 @ 5:06pm CDT
I was pretty upset with Armada Starscream at how inaccurate he was to the show, but I got used to it. I'm feeling the same way about this Armada Megatron, he's missing a ton of stuff that makes him Armada Megatron imo. But he might grow on me.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584491)
Posted by Cyhwuhx on June 21st, 2014 @ 5:07pm CDT
Darth Jumpy wrote:So does the G1 Megatron have Minicon ports as well? Maybe this means that we will be getting some more Minicons as well, but I sort of wanted one packed into the Armada one.

It seems the official pic is (of course) mistransformed: http://www.seibertron.com/events/fullsi ... =1&image=8

Her 'skirt' seems to be able to fold up somewhat into her backpack proper. A lot better imo.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584492)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 21st, 2014 @ 5:08pm CDT
Next group of official images is of Generations and Platinum Edition portions of Age of Extinction! Nothing much on the Generations front lines, though we do have a look at the oddly Tracks-esque Hot Shot, a redeco of Crosshairs.

Next up is the Breakout Scene set (affectionately known to fans and representatives as "Farmageddon"), which features a screen-accurate redeco of Age of Extinction Evasion Mode Optimus Prime, an odd redeco of Generations Skids as Rollbar (who is clearly based on Shane's Chevrolet Sonic RS rally car), and a blue and black redeco of Dark of the Moon Crankcase, whose deco is evocative of his Generation One namesake, and seems to be based on one of the vehicles used in Agent Savoy's convoy during the raid on Cade Yeager's farm.

Want all five of the vehicular Age of Extinction Autobots without the hassle of hunting down each individual? Look no further! We also have wind of an upcoming exclusive that will include seemingly unaltered versions of Optimus Prime (who, actually, is altered, in that he has a faceplate and a black weapon), the 2014 Camaro version of Bumblebee, Drift, Crosshairs, and Hound.

And to wrap up the Platinum Edition exclusives revealed thus far, we have a two pack of Generations Leaders Optimus Prime and Grimlock! Both figures seem to sport much more screen-accurate decoes than the regular retail releases of these figures.

Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584493)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 21st, 2014 @ 5:08pm CDT
Going by these official pics, those Megatrons don't look that great. The overall appearance gives off too much of that boxy 80s look and simply lacks the fresh new style that nearly all of the recent Classic Generations figures have. The worst thing in my opinion are those thin legs though. If I had to choose one, I'd go with the Armada version. It still has the thin legs, but I think the colors fit better and that head sculpt is fantastic. I'll probably end up getting both though.

Everything else looks incredible except for that Optimus Prime. I like the truck mode, but that robot mode reminds me of a simplified figure. I'm hoping OP is just another case of the official pic making the figure look much worse than it really is.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584496)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 21st, 2014 @ 5:13pm CDT
BRAINSTORM FTW,

While I have to hand it to Hasbro for finally giving us a proper G1 Arcee, I was hoping she'd have more IDW in her. Still looks nice, though.

Chromia looks good, but I'm not sure I would hunt for that one. I mean, if I see it, I may get it. The character just isn't super important to me.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584497)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 21st, 2014 @ 5:13pm CDT
BRAINSTORM FTW! Doe he come with a briefcase?

Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584498)
Posted by Railbomb on June 21st, 2014 @ 5:14pm CDT
Screen accurate means clear blue plastic. Huh.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584501)
Posted by Convoy on June 21st, 2014 @ 5:21pm CDT
I'm... I'm in love! I thought I was done with CHUG.
I'm crying because I'm happy.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: Official Images of 2014-15 Generations Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders (1584503)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 21st, 2014 @ 5:22pm CDT
OK, so homestly, I'm a little dissappointed with how Optimus looks. BUT, he is a new mold figure, so there's that. Besides, we'll be getting the original Voyager mold shortly in that two-pack. And really, I do love that version of Prime.

Megatron...I'm...not sold. He'll be big for sure, but his legs are PRETTY skinny.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION TRIPLE CHANGERS BLITZWING ASTROTRAIN 2 PACK NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 51 minutes 42 seconds
HASBRO G1  Autobot Kup / Blurr / Preceptor Transformers 1986 Figure Lot Of 3 - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 27 minutes 35 seconds
STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS DARTH VADER TO ADVANCED TIE - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 15 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Voyager Class Soundwave - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 47 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Movie Deluxe Class Jazz Figure by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 47 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Original Rattrap 100% Complete Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 3 minutes 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ARMADA GALVATRON FIGURE - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 19 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers TF G1 D-101 Black Mini Soundwave Soundblaster Destron 1987 Vintage - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 19 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016