BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed

Monday, March 24th, 2014 2:21PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,589

The official BotCon 2014 website has revealed the first Knight in this year's Pirates vs. Knight exclusive set, and it's a character many of us have been waiting on for years! Devcon is receiving his first ever figure in the form of a Generations Deluxe Scourge retool/repaint! Devcon made his initial appearance in the original G1 Transformers cartoon episode The Gambler, as an Autobot bounty hunter. Check out the images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events
Credit(s): BotCon
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559789)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:22pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559790)
Posted by ScottyP on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:23pm CDT
Excellent choice of mold, fantastic colors, and cool head sculpt so far. Can't complain about this one, even if it isn't all that surprising.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559793)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:24pm CDT
WAHOO!!!

And now he has a cape! He's both Superman and Batman, now! :KREMZEEK:
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559794)
Posted by craggy on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:26pm CDT
this looks pretty darn good, so that's 2 out of 3 for the set so far.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559801)
Posted by El Duque on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:37pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:It's okay, I like it more than ferak that's for damn sure. Though It's funny his autobot symbol will be on his ass XD

He prefers the term "tramp stamp".
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559803)
Posted by Seibertron on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:40pm CDT
This is more like what I expect to get from the Club and BotCon. Not Ferak and not a Cannonball update to a toy from 9 years ago that was a filler character. Devcon was long overdue and this looks better than Devcon from the Energon Slugslinger mold. Hopefully this leads to a proper closer-to-show-accuracy Devcon from Hasbro at some point but in the meantime, I can't wait to put this guy next to Smokescreen at long last.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559806)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:43pm CDT
Wow, I was joking and poking fun at his fans, but it turns out I was right? :BOOM:

He looks pretty good.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559807)
Posted by Amelie on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:44pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

[color=deeppink]This is the first time I've seen a Botcon toy and thought "hook me up. I need some of that plastic crack".

Anyone need a Kidney or a Lung? :sad: [/color]
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559809)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:46pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559811)
Posted by Amelie on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:47pm CDT
He'd go with my G1 toys, like Darkmount\Straxus did.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559812)
Posted by El Duque on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:47pm CDT
So far this is my first "keeper", Cannonball and Ferak are eBay bound.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559813)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:49pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

He prefers the term "tramp stamp".

Devcon's feelin' frisky this year :lol:
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559814)
Posted by El Duque on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:49pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Question to all of you who squeed like fangirls over getting Devcon. Will he be staying in the BotCon set, or will he be displayed with G1 figures or at least Generations figures, since he's a very accurate representation of the character?

Definitely Classics for me.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559820)
Posted by mblase75 on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:00pm CDT
For those not familiar with the character, his original G1 appearance is written up at http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/uscartoon/devcon.htm

Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559821)
Posted by Delicon on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:02pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559823)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
I wonder if the pirates will all be lesser known obscure dudes while the knights are all bigger name dudes like Devcon here.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559824)
Posted by It Is Him on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
Amelie wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Anyone need a Kidney or a Lung? :sad: [/color]

You want to trade a kidney or a lung for a TFCC toy? I call dibs.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559829)
Posted by LordTwann on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:13pm CDT
Amelie wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Anyone need a Kidney or a Lung? :sad: [/color]

I second this. I literally had the exact same reaction. And it also has me wondering if we may see a Devcon as part of the generations line in the future, for all of us that aren't able to spend hundreds on the box.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559835)
Posted by Mkall on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:21pm CDT
Looks good to me!
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559838)
Posted by megatronus on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:24pm CDT
Delicon wrote:I had very little interest in this set until I saw this figure. I like it better than Scourge, really.

Yes to the first sentence, no way to the second sentence.

Ending Soon On eBay

SOUNDWAVE & SOUNDBLASTER Transformers Titans Return & RAVAGE RUMBLE LASERBEAK - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 36 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Dinobot Slug Mashup w/ Snarl Tail Hero Mashers Beast Hunters - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 7 minutes 54 seconds
100% COMPLETE DEVASTATOR G2 TRANSFORMERS 1992 w/ Orginal Boxes EXTREMELY RARE - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 41 minutes 8 seconds
VINTAGE TRANSFORMERS 1990 G1 ACTION MASTERS CIRCUIT MIB SEALED - Time Remaining: 20 days 58 minutes 1 second
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe *SKYSTALKER* New unopened Mint - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 45 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers G2 Combiner Wars Menasor Motormaster Figure Teal Purple - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 31 minutes 29 seconds
AUTOBOT BLASTER & TWIN CAST Transformers Titans Return W/ STRIPES & REWIND 2016 - Time Remaining: 3 days 46 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Prime AM-21 Arms Master Optimus Prime With  Micron Arms 45832 - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 18 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory