BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed

Monday, March 24th, 2014 2:21PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,368

The official BotCon 2014 website has revealed the first Knight in this year's Pirates vs. Knight exclusive set, and it's a character many of us have been waiting on for years! Devcon is receiving his first ever figure in the form of a Generations Deluxe Scourge retool/repaint! Devcon made his initial appearance in the original G1 Transformers cartoon episode The Gambler, as an Autobot bounty hunter. Check out the images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events

Transformers News: Re: BotCon 2014 (Pasadena, CA) Discussion: Toys and Events
Credit(s): BotCon
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559789)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:22pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559790)
Posted by ScottyP on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:23pm CDT
Excellent choice of mold, fantastic colors, and cool head sculpt so far. Can't complain about this one, even if it isn't all that surprising.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559793)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:24pm CDT
WAHOO!!!

And now he has a cape! He's both Superman and Batman, now! :KREMZEEK:
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559794)
Posted by craggy on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:26pm CDT
this looks pretty darn good, so that's 2 out of 3 for the set so far.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559801)
Posted by El Duque on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:37pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:It's okay, I like it more than ferak that's for damn sure. Though It's funny his autobot symbol will be on his ass XD

He prefers the term "tramp stamp".
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559803)
Posted by Seibertron on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:40pm CDT
This is more like what I expect to get from the Club and BotCon. Not Ferak and not a Cannonball update to a toy from 9 years ago that was a filler character. Devcon was long overdue and this looks better than Devcon from the Energon Slugslinger mold. Hopefully this leads to a proper closer-to-show-accuracy Devcon from Hasbro at some point but in the meantime, I can't wait to put this guy next to Smokescreen at long last.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559806)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:43pm CDT
Wow, I was joking and poking fun at his fans, but it turns out I was right? :BOOM:

He looks pretty good.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559807)
Posted by Amelie on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:44pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

[color=deeppink]This is the first time I've seen a Botcon toy and thought "hook me up. I need some of that plastic crack".

Anyone need a Kidney or a Lung? :sad: [/color]
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559809)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:46pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559811)
Posted by Amelie on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:47pm CDT
He'd go with my G1 toys, like Darkmount\Straxus did.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559812)
Posted by El Duque on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:47pm CDT
So far this is my first "keeper", Cannonball and Ferak are eBay bound.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559813)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:49pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

He prefers the term "tramp stamp".

Devcon's feelin' frisky this year :lol:
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559814)
Posted by El Duque on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:49pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Question to all of you who squeed like fangirls over getting Devcon. Will he be staying in the BotCon set, or will he be displayed with G1 figures or at least Generations figures, since he's a very accurate representation of the character?

Definitely Classics for me.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559820)
Posted by mblase75 on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:00pm CDT
For those not familiar with the character, his original G1 appearance is written up at http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/uscartoon/devcon.htm

Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559821)
Posted by Delicon on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:02pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559823)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
I wonder if the pirates will all be lesser known obscure dudes while the knights are all bigger name dudes like Devcon here.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559824)
Posted by It Is Him on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
Amelie wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Anyone need a Kidney or a Lung? :sad: [/color]

You want to trade a kidney or a lung for a TFCC toy? I call dibs.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559829)
Posted by LordTwann on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:13pm CDT
Amelie wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Anyone need a Kidney or a Lung? :sad: [/color]

I second this. I literally had the exact same reaction. And it also has me wondering if we may see a Devcon as part of the generations line in the future, for all of us that aren't able to spend hundreds on the box.
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559835)
Posted by Mkall on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:21pm CDT
Looks good to me!
Re: BotCon 2014 Cybertronian Knight Devcon Revealed (1559838)
Posted by megatronus on March 24th, 2014 @ 3:24pm CDT
Delicon wrote:I had very little interest in this set until I saw this figure. I like it better than Scourge, really.

Yes to the first sentence, no way to the second sentence.

Ending Soon On eBay

Vintage 80s convertor G1 Transformers Gobots Minibots NIB rare made in Venezuela - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 21 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe Blackarachnia - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 53 minutes 7 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS/THRILLING 30th Anniversary "SANDSTORM" (MISB) - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 39 minutes 9 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ROTF MOVIE HASBRO 2009 VOYAGER DECEPTION BLUDGEON ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 9 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HASBRO 2010 GENERATIONS DELUXE CLASS DECEPTICON THUNDERCRACKER - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 9 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HASBRO 2013 GENERATIONS AUTOBOT WHIRL INTERMEDIATE 3 MODES - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 9 minutes 43 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 1991 G1 G2 SCAVENGER CONSTRUCTICON FOR DEVASTATOR MOSC MOC EUROPEAN - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 11 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Victorion Torchbearers Boxed Set  NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 27 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory