BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed

Friday, May 9th, 2014 10:04AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, People News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 30,361

The official Transformers Facebook page has posted a BotCon related update! Take a look below if you will at the lovely 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art, courtesy of the excellent Robby Musso, and featuring Cannonball, Ferak, Devcon, Fire Guts Ginrai and Scorponok with the Headmaster Olin Zarak!

BotCon 2014 arrives in Pasadena on June 19th, but we have a look at the AMAZING box art for this year's convention box set for you today! Registration for BotCon is about to begin so be sure to visit http://www.botcon.com for all the details!

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed
Credit(s): Transformers Facebook

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572546)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:07am CDT
Box art fit for an anniversary, right there. =P~
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572548)
Posted by ScottyP on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:10am CDT
Diggin' it.

Also, RIP to the UT era Transformers logo, looks like even on Botcon sets we're movin' on to the new one.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572550)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:16am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Diggin' it.

Is it not all to align with official Hasbro products..? For convenience, I mean.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572556)
Posted by ScottyP on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:25am CDT
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Diggin' it.

Yep, it makes sense. I just dug that old-ish one.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572558)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:28am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Diggin' it.

Yep, it makes sense. I just dug that old-ish one.

Same. I really liked the old design. It was a good'un.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572567)
Posted by triKlops on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:49am CDT
Looks great; hopefully registration goes up soon and I can get my package purchase completed.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572571)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 9th, 2014 @ 10:59am CDT
Looks really cool. I'd like a peek inside to see how the figures are arranged. I'm guessing the 4 smaller 1s in vehicle mode while Scorponok is in 'bot mode. (And Fox, better be on your game! :twisted: )
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572579)
Posted by Rated X on May 9th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
They should have put a bottle of rum....
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572592)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 12:22pm CDT
https://twitter.com/BotCon/status/464806287633838082[quote]We are gonna show you a close up here to really drive home how detailed this art is... All courtesy of Robby Musso! pic.twitter.com/Dmh8vco9j9

[/quote]
https://twitter.com/BotCon/status/464807633678266368[quote]The time he put in to this? Just wow. Can't WAIT for fans to get this item! #BotCon2014 #PVK http://www.botcon.com pic.twitter.com/h322FTpIee

[/quote]
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572602)
Posted by necr0blivion on May 9th, 2014 @ 12:50pm CDT
Beautiful, now put up that order! = )
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572615)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 9th, 2014 @ 1:47pm CDT
I like it.

I'd like it even more if they would have just marketed this set as a classics set. Get rid of the silly theme and made up faction symbols. I'm very thankful Scorponok & Devcon were made that way.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572616)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2014 @ 1:49pm CDT
Doctor McGrath wrote:I'd like it even more if they would have just marketed this set as a classics set.
They can't do that. They destroyed the Classicsverse. These are Wings Universe toys.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572618)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 9th, 2014 @ 1:49pm CDT
Doctor McGrath wrote:I like it.

You do know that the Star Seeker symbol is already on the Thundertron RID Prime figure, right?

Only the Knights emblem is new.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572619)
Posted by ScottyP on May 9th, 2014 @ 1:51pm CDT
Doctor McGrath wrote:I like it.

I'm cool with Cannonball's symbol. I can get over Ginrai's, it's whatever, but yeah I'd have rather it just have been an Autobot symbol.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572624)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 9th, 2014 @ 2:05pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I'm not interested in their fiction either. I've tried, just can't get into it.
Midnight_Fox wrote:
Doctor McGrath wrote:I like it.

Only the Knights emblem is new.

Yes, I do.

ScottyP wrote:
Doctor McGrath wrote:I like it.

Yeah, i see your point. Cannonball works for sure. I'd be more ok with Ginrai if the symbol on the wind-vane wasn't so big. I get they were going for the shield look but man is it huge. I'd been more accepting of the knight symbols on his shoulder & a regular bot logo on the "shield." Then it could be more of like a cop's badge or a Rodimus star instead of him screaming, "hey!!! I'm a knight, see!" Haha.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572634)
Posted by Seibertron on May 9th, 2014 @ 2:59pm CDT
Now that is a great looking box! I'm still not a fan of Ferak and Ginrai and I'm on the fence about Cannonball, but my buddy Robby's artwork here looks absolutely amazing. He is truly one of the all-time great Transformers artists. This box is a HUGE improvement over the 2009, 2011 and 2013 sets.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572636)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 9th, 2014 @ 3:08pm CDT
More BotCon 2014 news comes in, and we're still on the artistic streak. After the exclusive set box art reveal earlier, the Botcon Twitter account has shown a picture of the official 2014 convention t-shirt, featuring Scorponok! Check it out below.

Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572637)
Posted by ScottyP on May 9th, 2014 @ 3:14pm CDT
Who else is just chillin out waiting for registration right now? Gotta be soon, right? Hell if they wait too many more hours we'll be registering live on the Twincast :HEADHURTS:
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572639)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 9th, 2014 @ 3:21pm CDT
I've been F5'ing as hard as my fingers and keyboard will allow and I have tabs open for Botcon's Facebook and twitter to check any updates.

Today has been less than productive.
Re: BotCon 2014 Pirates vs. Knights Box Art by Robby Musso Revealed (1572640)
Posted by shockblast2 on May 9th, 2014 @ 3:23pm CDT
Fire Guts Ginrai

What a great name. I mean, forget Optimus Prime. Why would you want a subpar name like that when you could have Fire Guts. I wonder if its a nickname, like Tommy "Fingers" Magee or Johnny "Shades" Waters?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016