Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run

Transformers News: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 11:48AM CDT

Categories: Collector's Club News, Event News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,352

If you missed out on the Shattered Glass Soundwave headband last weekend at BotCon you're in luck! BotCon just tweeted they will be doing a second run.

Credit(s): BotCon
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1375984)
Posted by triKlops on May 2nd, 2012 @ 11:55am CDT
especially since i heard the "freebie" headbands that were passed out by a separate source were superior
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1375988)
Posted by starscream1974 on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:02pm CDT
:CON: PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! NO THANKS ! Bring on VOYAGER FOC SOUNDWAVE..the best representation of Soundwave thus far until somebody comes out with a MP Soundwave..... :BOWDOWN: :CON: Do you hear that TAKARA We're waiting!!!!!! Long Overdue!!!!!
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1375994)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:06pm CDT
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1375997)
Posted by Mkall on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:09pm CDT
Can they be the proper shade of neon green this time?
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376000)
Posted by El Duque on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:15pm CDT
Can they not be garbage this time?
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376005)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:18pm CDT
GREEN TWIST TIES
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376018)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:26pm CDT
Yeah, glad to see them doing another run, since people are re-selling them for $50.
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376024)
Posted by Che on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:32pm CDT
LOL, price already decreased in $Toyarena$ for $34.99...
But still... :roll: 8)
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376032)
Posted by DISCHARGE on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:50pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I got mine at BotCon, but still, charging $50 for a piece like that is just blatantly greedy. If you bought one, you're an idiot.

Well, I did notice the first they were offered on ebay, people were shelling out around $40, so $50 is that far of a stretch. I wouldn't pay that, but some people have money to burn.

This should have been included with Soundwave in the beginning. This craziness would have been avoided altogether. Just stick it under the foam in the boxset and BAM! crisis averted. Maybe make those who bought the loose bag sets pay for them just so boxset owners got that little bit extra for what they paid.
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376093)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 2nd, 2012 @ 2:45pm CDT
triKlops wrote:while i dont need one, the 50 bucks an online store was charging for this was freaking nuts

*COUGH*
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376094)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 2nd, 2012 @ 2:49pm CDT
Hadn't heard about these. Got any pictures of the alternates?
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376102)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 2nd, 2012 @ 3:06pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Hadn't heard about these. Got any pictures of the alternates?

I can take a few when I get home... otherwise, just the images on my dA account:

Front: http://emeraldbeacon.deviantart.com/art/TRANSHEADBANDS-Cover-Art-299375064
Back: http://emeraldbeacon.deviantart.com/art/TRANSHEADBANDS-Back-Cover-299375960
Inside: http://emeraldbeacon.deviantart.com/art/TRANSHEADBANDS-Inside-299377498
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376103)
Posted by Delicon on May 2nd, 2012 @ 3:07pm CDT
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376105)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 2nd, 2012 @ 3:10pm CDT
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376119)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 2nd, 2012 @ 3:35pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, there's a spot in the original that's really thin. How much are/were the 3rd party ones? What were they made of? (questions, questions, questions.)

The "Third Party" Headbands that I 'made' were literally just 12-inch pieces of thin ribbon - which, ironically, still looked pretty good. I was handing them out to interested parties at BotCon for free. They came in one of six random colors... yellow, green, white, blue, silver, and gold. You could make your own with a quick trip to your local craft store (a spool of thin ribbon should be less than a dollar).

The main purpose of it all was to lightheartedly troll BotCon and 3rd party toymakers. To me, the headband is just something simple and effective - the packaging is the funny part.

I still have about twenty left, if you're interested in one...
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376127)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 2nd, 2012 @ 3:46pm CDT
Haaa. Do you have a green one?
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376133)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 2nd, 2012 @ 4:00pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Haaa. Do you have a green one?

I'll message you with my address... send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, and I'll send you one. :)

(That goes for everyone, actually, if you're interested! Message me to let me know you want one!)
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376234)
Posted by Rated X on May 2nd, 2012 @ 8:56pm CDT
Delicon wrote:To add to the lunacy, there was a separate line for the Club Store at BotCon if you were just purchasing the exclusive figure packs. However, Soundwave's headband didn't count as that so if you just wanted the figure sets and the headband, you had to get in the other line. I was a 7:00 package pickup and I was getting out of line at the same time as a lot of my friends who were 6:00 just because I opted not to get the silly headband. In addition, I heard a lot of those headbands were breaking.

I jumped in the "exclusives only" line to get bumped ahead of everyone. It only got me to the door where the police were, so I just merged into the far right line and bought a headband with my exclusives. The people at the club store didnt know who was brought up front anyways.

Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376238)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 2nd, 2012 @ 9:00pm CDT
Rated X wrote:By the way, why does Soundwave have a headband anyway ??? Ive been too busy working to read the comic. Im guessing he is some kind of ninja ???

Think more 80's glam rocker.

Especially considering how he talks.
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376242)
Posted by Rated X on May 2nd, 2012 @ 9:07pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:

Think more 80's glam rocker.

Especially considering how he talks.

Midnight_Fox wrote:

Think more 80's glam rocker.

Especially considering how he talks.

Oh I get it. Like one of those guys with the leotards and puffy hair, right ??? You gotta excuse my lack of knowledge on rock music. My thing is rap.
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376305)
Posted by triKlops on May 3rd, 2012 @ 12:21am CDT
emeraldbeacon wrote:

*COUGH*

supreme props on this one Emerald
fan innovation scores again :APPLAUSE:
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376319)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 3rd, 2012 @ 2:29am CDT
Might as well reissue the SG Junkions if they actually care how much we spend online. :roll:

It would have seemed a more sensible option to include it in the boxset in the 1st place.
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376368)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on May 3rd, 2012 @ 8:29am CDT
Excuse my ignorance of the whole affair, not being an SG collector or having been to Botcon; but putting issues of charging for it aside, shouldn't it hav been offered with the purchase of a Soundwave anyway?

Collect your box set; buy a headband.

Buy a bagged one; buy a headband.

Obviously no obligation to buy, a bit like a cross-sell.

Or am I missing something?
Re: BotCon Shattered Glass Soundwave Headband to Receive a Second Run (1376383)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 3rd, 2012 @ 9:16am CDT
Yeah, I think the IDEAL purchase scenario would be to let Primus package people pre-order the add-ons, or at least reserve them. That would take them out of the lines and rat race to get the figures (and headband) before they sell out.

I'd gladly pay extra for the lot of them, even sight unseen, to get out of the lines. I'm sure a lot of people would.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok