Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs

Transformers News: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs

Sunday, December 26th, 2010 4:04PM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Site News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 65,239

Since it's the season of giving, we thought it would be a good time to share some more character designs from the "Bots of Honor" series due for release in early 2011.

BANZAI-TRON

SHERIFF (Generic officer)
Art by Gareth Watson, Colors by Lindsay Smith

TARANTULAS
Art and Colors by Ed Pirrie

TRYPTICON
Art by Gareth Watson, Colors by Lindsay Smith

There should be a few surprising choices in here, which re-enforces that we're trying to do something very new with this series. How each of these characters fit in, well, that's part of the fun...

Stay tuned for more updates in 2011, as we get closer to release.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Richter
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162228)
Posted by Blurrz on December 26th, 2010 @ 4:14pm CST
Omega Supreme looks mighty tight.
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162232)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 26th, 2010 @ 4:18pm CST
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162234)
Posted by Blurrz on December 26th, 2010 @ 4:24pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:is this a new toy line, comic, or cartoon? Some of the designs look really good.

Comic!
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162237)
Posted by Soundwave__Superior on December 26th, 2010 @ 4:36pm CST
Scourge's facial hair reminds me of Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters. Which is awesome. This series has very nice characcter designs, and here's hoping for a Soundwave.
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162245)
Posted by WarGraver on December 26th, 2010 @ 5:23pm CST
These sort of remind me of Marvel's super hero squad characters, but thankfully not as cartoony. Although Trypticon looks like a Zoid.
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162248)
Posted by LiKwid on December 26th, 2010 @ 5:35pm CST
Just when I say Im gonna stop collecting comics and focus more on figures this has to come out..Good grief! Transformers finds a way to assualt my funds in so many way shapes and form!

Lovin mainframe and jackpot alot
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162257)
Posted by rpetras on December 26th, 2010 @ 5:56pm CST
This doesn't look like my style.

I may be saving some cash-ola with this series.
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162259)
Posted by Richter on December 26th, 2010 @ 6:16pm CST
rpetras wrote:This doesn't look like my style.

I may be saving some cash-ola with this series.

Well, the good news is this is a fan-produced comic, so it'll be completely free :D
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162289)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 26th, 2010 @ 8:36pm CST
Blurrz wrote:Omega Supreme looks mighty tight.

I'll very enthusiastically second that that remark. I'm also loving Cyclonus' "Dirty Harry" snarl look and I'd give just about anything to mod an Action Master Prowl into that "Sheriff" design. Good job on all of these characters. I'm looking forward to seeing how this fan-fic develops. Looks very cool and also like it will be a lot of fun to follow. If these characters had been first run designs for TFA I probably would have warmed up to the series a lot quicker than what I did.
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162402)
Posted by Praxus Prime on December 27th, 2010 @ 9:21am CST
By the way, this is really off topic, but has anyone else ever noticed that "Omega Supreme" sounds like something you'd see in a taco bell commercial?
Re: BOTS OF HONOR - New character designs (1162493)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 27th, 2010 @ 1:30pm CST
Praxus Prime wrote:A free fan comic eh? I may have to look into this... Anyway, I like these designs, especially Omega Supreme.

Is it just me or does Omega Supreme look like Omega Spreem? Yes, if Taco Bell sold something called the Omega Supreme I'd buy two.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars