Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment?

Transformers News: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment?

Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 1:48PM CDT

Categories: Sponsor News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 14,666

It looks as though Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (the retool of First Edition Bulkhead) has been dropped from the GDO Voyager line-up. This would explain why Brawn was noticeably absent from the display cases at SDCC 2012 when Hasbro announced the GDO series would be released domestically as Toys"R"Us exclusives. Site sponsor Kapow Toys has shared the following information regarding the GDO Voyager case assortments.

The case assortments are in for the soon to be (officially) released GDO Voyagers and someone is missing! yep Brawn seems to have gone walkies from the release with the case assortment now reading as

1) Megatron x 2
2) Powerdive x 1
3) Hotspot x 1
Credit(s): Kapow Toys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417200)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:14pm CDT
im not complaining. i could used one of those megatrons and hotspots though.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417201)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:15pm CDT
Expected as much. Did anyone actually want him, though?
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417215)
Posted by Gearslide on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:38pm CDT
So wait, does that mean that he's not going to be released in places that aren't Asia (and therefore cost a boatload of cash to import?), or has he been completely scrapped as a toy, even for out Asian brethren?

I hope it's the later, cause then I won't have to order him for my collection (I'm collecting all different characters with Prime Body-types), and I don't really care for his near-Bulkhead paint job and tiny, baby-man head.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417219)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:47pm CDT
Sounds like he's not coming out anywhere... GDO was the Asia one. Hasbro's here stateside.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417222)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:49pm CDT
And nothing of value was lost
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417230)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 5th, 2012 @ 3:08pm CDT
No complaints. I didn't like the way he looked anyway.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417232)
Posted by STngAR on September 5th, 2012 @ 3:09pm CDT
I told him he should have changed his profile picture ;) :MAXIMAL:
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417249)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 5th, 2012 @ 3:42pm CDT

8-}

Good riddance to this terrible idea.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417277)
Posted by RhA on September 5th, 2012 @ 4:58pm CDT
I suddenly feel pity for Brawn.

...aaaand it's gone!
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417297)
Posted by XDMan on September 5th, 2012 @ 6:37pm CDT
Who needs Brawn? His bodies to big for him, anyway. G2 Megs would be perfect.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417338)
Posted by Rated X on September 5th, 2012 @ 9:00pm CDT
Good choice. We got Hench coming out soon and also a kit that turns Hound into Brawn anyways.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417343)
Posted by joevill on September 5th, 2012 @ 9:13pm CDT
Dammit Hasbro! :evil:
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417345)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 5th, 2012 @ 9:19pm CDT
joevill wrote:Dammit Hasbro! :evil:

Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417361)
Posted by mooncake623 on September 5th, 2012 @ 10:00pm CDT
Strangely I want him now.....
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417369)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 5th, 2012 @ 10:32pm CDT
Certainly this is a good thing.
:BOT:
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417372)
Posted by WolfDawg on September 5th, 2012 @ 10:55pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Strangely I want him now.....

This, my friend, makes you a true Transformers fan.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417392)
Posted by YoungPrime on September 6th, 2012 @ 1:03am CDT
Meh...it was crap anyway.

Now give us some legit Generations figures!
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417405)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on September 6th, 2012 @ 4:45am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Whose brilliant idea was it to take a green figure and repaint it in... a slightly different shade of green?

8-}

Good riddance to this terrible idea.

Hey, at least brawn had a different shade of green. Cliffjumper, on the other hand, just has a retooled head, the other parts of the figure is identical. #-o
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417412)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 6th, 2012 @ 6:54am CDT
Good riddance.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417497)
Posted by triKlops on September 6th, 2012 @ 11:37am CDT
no big loss.
the head just didnt look right anyway.
now the rest of the GDOs, i am really looking to get my hands on.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417571)
Posted by Seibertron on September 6th, 2012 @ 4:29pm CDT
Does anyone actually have Brawn in-hand? I've been trying to get these for the past five weeks and have had no luck via eBay.

The first one I purchased never received a tracking number. After sending several inquiries to the seller and receiving no responses, eBay refunded my money after I opened up a case for it.

I purchased a different lot afterwards that included all four Voyagers and all four Scouts. The seller gave me the run-around on my package, which indicates they lied to me now that I know that Brawn has been dropped. eBay said I can open a case for this lot next week to get my money back.

I noticed there are none available on eBay currently so I'm assuming the Brawns that I was supposed to have never were. Frustrating. Just want to get my hands on these!
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417573)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 6th, 2012 @ 4:51pm CDT
I'd imagine Brawn's one of those cases where they got far enough to put him on the cross-sell but not enough to have any real number of packaged samples.
Re: Brawn Dropped from the Transformers Generations GDO Voyager Assortment? (1417672)
Posted by Rated X on September 6th, 2012 @ 11:01pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Just want to get my hands on these!

Im sure there will be a few prototypes leaked out sooner or later. Are you willing to shell out $1000 when they surface ? (Hence Animated Voyager Thundercracker)
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson