Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BTS Classics Prime Trailer

Transformers News: BTS Classics Prime Trailer

Thursday, January 8th, 2009 3:12AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 23,354

Prototype images of a Classic trailer for Optimus Prime have surfaced on the BTS Toy Blog. BTS revealed in November that they have been working on a trailer; but few details are known at this time. We will keep you posted as more information revealed. Click here to see the original pictures.

Credit(s): El Duque, BTS Toy Blog
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863154)
Posted by Dread_Wing on January 8th, 2009 @ 3:37am CST
I think it is awesome they have done it, but I would really like to see Fansproject's version before deciding on a purchase. It would be nice to have a trailer that stylistically fits with the City commander trailer, but is still reminiscent of the G1 'Battle Station and Roller' setup.
Correct me if I am wrong, but all we have seen of Fansproject's Prime trailer is a silhouette?
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863155)
Posted by Deadpool. on January 8th, 2009 @ 3:59am CST
Looks like Roller forms the trailer's wheels. Hmm.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863162)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 8th, 2009 @ 4:52am CST
Hmm. Not what I was expecting.

I don't care for it, really. No, I couldn't do it better myself (before someone says put your money where your mouth is...) but that doesn't change that I find it wholly unattractive.

It'll probably be expensive too.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863167)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 8th, 2009 @ 5:46am CST
There's got to be a reason the shape is so odd. If not, it's going to be a tough sell for a lot of fans.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863179)
Posted by Venksta on January 8th, 2009 @ 6:06am CST
El Duque wrote:http://btstoy.blogspot.com/2009/01/first-look-completed-trailer-prototype.html

I'm not really digging the overall shape and how far it sits back, but better than nothing. I hope Fansproject gets around to producing their version someday.

I wouldn't count on FansProject's version, since its been over a year since they showed the teaser, and since then they've announced other products and releases.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863183)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 8th, 2009 @ 6:18am CST
i love it! top of to get list! when it comes out of course. :-B
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863193)
Posted by Psychout on January 8th, 2009 @ 7:03am CST
Has it been tested for lead? :lol:
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863194)
Posted by Kique on January 8th, 2009 @ 7:12am CST
Psychout wrote:Has it been tested for lead? :lol:

Bwahahahahah !! :grin: I'll wait to see how the finished product looks like before I make up my mind. I also think that its odd shaped for a reason ... who knows. :-?
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863262)
Posted by Powersa on January 8th, 2009 @ 9:51am CST
I don't know about the shape.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863263)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on January 8th, 2009 @ 9:55am CST
I bet they will want $75 for that also
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863276)
Posted by DMSL on January 8th, 2009 @ 10:54am CST
I don't like it it's way too angular, kinda looks like a camper. I would prefer if it was more boxy looking.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863280)
Posted by rpetras on January 8th, 2009 @ 11:21am CST
It's as if they were not sure to go with a G1 style or a futuristic style (armada or maybe Super Optimus), so they kind of did both.

So far, I'm not digging it, but I DO like Roller as the wheels. That's clever.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863415)
Posted by Didicos on January 8th, 2009 @ 3:34pm CST
I didn't notice this thread & I posted one about the same subject...
IMO this is a realy good "add-on" for Classics OP but.....
City Commander UM is far better....
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863429)
Posted by Sledge on January 8th, 2009 @ 3:47pm CST
Still need to know what, if anything, it actually does.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863461)
Posted by El Duque on January 8th, 2009 @ 4:06pm CST
Based on the earlier shadow pics it does appear to open into some sort of a base, and we already know the back wheels detach to become roller.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863465)
Posted by Agent 007 on January 8th, 2009 @ 4:13pm CST
pass it really dosen't go with prime very well.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863479)
Posted by Mkall on January 8th, 2009 @ 4:26pm CST
I'm going to have to see what the final colourscheme will be.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863522)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 8th, 2009 @ 5:30pm CST
I'll reserve final judgement until we see final pics and pricing info, but so far I don't know about the shape, it could be better. If it does basically what the G1 trailer does and Fansproject doesn't make theirs, it will all depend on price as to whether I pick this one up.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863534)
Posted by El Duque on January 8th, 2009 @ 5:42pm CST
I'll probably get this, Classics OP just seems incomplete without a trailer. Ever since Magnus got his trailer my Prime looks sad, and a little jealous.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863606)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 8th, 2009 @ 7:29pm CST
Since Classics Prime doesn't really have the same shape as G1 Prime, I don't mind that this trailer looks kinda different. But ... even though I like Prime to be complete, I display him in robot mode. And this'll probably cost around $70 too ...
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863625)
Posted by Nujevad on January 8th, 2009 @ 7:57pm CST
I still can't get past how weird the trailer looks. It's like they took two different trailers and stuck them back to front. Even if it does transform into a base, would it have killed them to keep it's shape consistent?
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (863701)
Posted by omega666 on January 8th, 2009 @ 10:06pm CST
Looks cool.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (864263)
Posted by El Duque on January 9th, 2009 @ 6:02pm CST
http://btstoy.blogspot.com/2009/01/more ... s-eye.html

Here are some more pics from some different angles. I'm starting to warm up to this. I see Joel from BBTS is attempting to contact them in regards to selling this on their site.
Re: BTS Classics Prime Trailer (864305)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 9th, 2009 @ 6:55pm CST
Look at the difference good photography work makes! Still iffy until I see some colors, though. And even then ...
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism