BTS Soundwave on the Horizon?

Transformers News: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon?

Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 7:37AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 66,671

Third party toy maker BTStoys may be venturing into full blown figure territory. TFW2005 member Hound2501 has come across images labeled BTS-04 that appear to be prototypes of a Soundwave based off of Guido Guidi's micro-cassette recorder concept art. If you purchased their last offering BTS-04 Matrix of Leadership, you may recall a shadowy teaser image on the back of the packaging that does match up to these prototypes. No source is given for the images, and neither BTStoys website nor blog contain these images. The homepage does have a listing for a product labeled BTS-04, but it pulls up images of their previously released BTS-03 G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set and BTS-02 weapons pack. Additionally the resin prototype appears to able to hold a G1 Cassette.

To view Hound2501's original thread click here.

Credit(s): Hound2501 of TFW2005.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176228)
Posted by GEEWUN on February 1st, 2011 @ 7:47am CST
defiintly not sold, gonna have to wait for the finished product
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176233)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 1st, 2011 @ 7:57am CST
El Duque wrote:

Wait. . .how come that says "New Soundwave"? isnt New Soundwave supposed to be black!? :BOOM:
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176244)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 1st, 2011 @ 8:18am CST
Can a real cassette fit in there? It's look like it can.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176247)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 1st, 2011 @ 8:24am CST
already have music label soundwave. pass, unless its better than ML soundwave ;)
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176248)
Posted by El Duque on February 1st, 2011 @ 8:24am CST
RiddlerJ wrote:Can a real cassette fit in there? It's look like it can.

Not sure, initially I thought it was a G1 cassette, but upon closer inspection I'm not so sure. It's definitely a cassette of some sort though.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176251)
Posted by Torneira on February 1st, 2011 @ 8:27am CST
I am sucker for G1 homages, so this could be interesting.
Although I own Music Label Soundwave already, so if this too expensive, I will pass.
I still await the day that Takara releases a MP version of Soundwave or perhaps a deluxe version of him.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176252)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 1st, 2011 @ 8:30am CST
I am so FREAKING sold on this, I've wanted that design in toy form ever since I've seen it on Guido's page!
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176259)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 1st, 2011 @ 8:50am CST
RiddlerJ wrote:Can a real cassette fit in there? It's look like it can.

That might be one of the Cassetticons, not sure who, though.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176267)
Posted by Mechastrike on February 1st, 2011 @ 9:00am CST
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176270)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 1st, 2011 @ 9:05am CST
Mechastrike wrote:if this is a working tape player, it's a bad move. i mean aren't cassette tapes obsolete nowadays?

No because this is just like the original Soundwave a mini cassette player/recorder, which are still used today.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176271)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 1st, 2011 @ 9:09am CST
Another somewhat interesting 3rd Party figure I don't really need... like many, I already have ML Soundwave to fill the spot. I also wasn't too impressed with BTS Toys' QC on their trailer, but maybe they've improved since then.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176286)
Posted by Rated X on February 1st, 2011 @ 9:33am CST
Looks great !!! Make it just a figure !!! Please dont add a stupid MP3 feature I beg you !!!
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176311)
Posted by MGrotusque on February 1st, 2011 @ 10:39am CST
Looks good to me!!

I could see a nice metallic finish on that SOundwave. That would put it over the top for me.

I've got too many cassettes and not enough Soundwaves to put em in. SO this would be very welcome in my collection.

I personally would love a working tape player but it would have to play full size cassettes. Nobody used these mini ones unless you were documenting dialouge or bootlegging a band.

Also yes, cassettes are obsolete but some of us still have them and play them. My full sized Soundwave cassette player just died and needs it's guts rebuilt. It plays my tapes all warbly and sounds like it's gonna chew up the tape.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176314)
Posted by rpetras on February 1st, 2011 @ 10:51am CST
I like it!

I'd have to see the final product, and I hope it would hold cassetticons, but so far so good.

I have the nemesis trailer, and it was OK. I almost even bought the regular Prime trailer for use with Animated.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176331)
Posted by eyl on February 1st, 2011 @ 11:33am CST
Don't get your hopes up. Somehow I don't think the bot mode will look like the drawing. The thigh and legs will probably look like G1/Masterpiece Megatron's.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176334)
Posted by victoryconvoy on February 1st, 2011 @ 11:42am CST
I think i'm going to wait to see what it will look like :-?
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176347)
Posted by WarGraver on February 1st, 2011 @ 12:31pm CST
It's nice that more unused designs are being picked up by 3rd parties. But as I'm not a fan of asymmetrical chests, and I love my WFC Soundwave, this isn't for me.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176365)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 1st, 2011 @ 1:09pm CST
awesome ever since i first seen that illustration i hoped that one day some one would make it, sucks that hasbro didnt cash in on this cause this thing is going to be expensive.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176392)
Posted by GetterDragun on February 1st, 2011 @ 2:19pm CST
This looks like it is based on Real Gear Spy Shot 6 from TF1.
Re: BTS Soundwave on the Horizon? (1176393)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on February 1st, 2011 @ 2:23pm CST
The concept art is great. I've never seen it before.

It's is funny how third party companies are now evolving their products into full figures. I've enjoyed watching the transformation take place but I would like a company to focus more on weapons.. =P~

I'll buy this figure after I see a review on him. I own two BTS products and while the quality isn't bad, I wouldn't call it amazing. The quality on the SW figure will need to be improved based on my experiences.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS G1 RAVAGE DESEPTICONS ROBOT METAL FIGURE COLLECTIBLE - Time Remaining: 5 days 54 minutes 6 seconds
1988 Joyride Complete G1 Transformers Powermaster - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 39 minutes 34 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS 4 AOE MOVIE AD-28 DINOBOT SNARL ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 25 minutes 48 seconds
2016 SDCC EXCLUSIVE TRANSFORMERS EVOLUTION SOUNDWAVE FROM HASBRO - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 3 minutes 54 seconds
2003 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE YELLOW OPTIMUS PRIME SAMS CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 35 minutes 35 seconds
Generation 1 G1 Rodimus Transformers Figure Complete 1986 Gen1 Autobot - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 36 minutes 50 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Revenge Of The Fallen ROTF 2009 Movie Deluxe RAMPAGE Complete RARE! - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 29 minutes 27 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Hasbro 2007 1st Movie Voyager Class Decepticon MEGATRON Spaceship - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 14 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed