Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming

Transformers News: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming

Sunday, June 19th, 2011 11:10PM CDT

Category: Knock Offs
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 47,879

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

KOToys has posted images of a Classics Rodimus test sample. According to the post products based on this mold will start rolling out late this month or early next month. As most of you are painfully aware this mold has two very sought after and highly priced repaints, Henkei Wildrider and Shattered Glass Rodimus. While we don't have confirmation they will knock off these two versions chances are good they will. If you're in the market for any version of the Classics Rodimus mold you may want to use extra caution when purchasing.

Seibertron.com does not endorse or condone KO's, the purpose of this post is purely informative.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Credit(s): KOToys
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243102)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 19th, 2011 @ 11:29pm CDT
Burning Rodimus!
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243108)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 19th, 2011 @ 11:32pm CDT
Sigh, crazy man makes another that people will snap up.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243112)
Posted by dirk2243 on June 19th, 2011 @ 11:39pm CDT
This one looks like the infected Rodimus Prime from the cartoon "return of Optimus Prime"
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243116)
Posted by ae_productions on June 19th, 2011 @ 11:49pm CDT
"Painfully aware..."

You are saying this as if it is bad news that we are actually getting a KO Wildrider and Shattered Glass Hot Rod with a realistic price tag.

Quite the opposite. This is FANTASTIC news.

Now the everyday, normal fan can finally be on the same playing field and actually afford to own a toy that has been bastardized to the pompous collecting "elite" snobs.

Thank you KO Toys! I will be ordering BOTH the Shattered Glass AND the Wildrider versions if produced.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243122)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 20th, 2011 @ 12:04am CDT
Daaaaang.

He will bootleg anything and everything. The better questions to ask are:

1.) Why didn't he do it sooner?
2.) Why not rare items such as Lio Kaiser?

Seriously. There is so much potential here if he's going to bootleg everything under the sun. At least pick the really rare, really hard to find stuff that's in high demand.

Fortress Maximus, I can understand why it's not being bootlegged, I mean...it's TWO FEET of plastic and weighs several pounds.

But Classics Rodimus? Really? We have the original, we have clear "reissues", we have the black redecoes, we have the BiS boxset guy, and they're collecting dust at your local TRU as we speak.

So many other options off the top of my head. Seriously, this seems like a waste right now.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243128)
Posted by El Duque on June 20th, 2011 @ 12:15am CDT
ae_productions wrote:"Painfully aware..."

You are saying this as if it is bad news that we are actually getting a KO Wildrider and Shattered Glass Hot Rod with a realistic price tag.

Quite the opposite. This is FANTASTIC news.

Now the everyday, normal fan can finally be on the same playing field and actually afford to own a toy that has been bastardized to the pompous collecting "elite" snobs.

Thank you KO Toys! I will be ordering BOTH the Shattered Glass AND the Wildrider versions if produced.


Ummm....I was only pointing out that if you've been in the market for either figure recently you are "painfully aware" of their price. It had nothing to do with my approval or disapproval of these KO's.

There's no reason to call those who own these figures "elite snobs", they were both reasonably priced when they were released as far as exclusives go.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243154)
Posted by Poyguimogul on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:01am CDT
dirk2243 wrote:This one looks like the infected Rodimus Prime from the cartoon "return of Optimus Prime"


Hell yeah! That would have been a cooler Hot Rod/Rodimus then Under the Sea/Matrix glo
that E-hobby dropped (which is also , ok).
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243156)
Posted by krenger99 on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:08am CDT
dirk2243 wrote:This one looks like the infected Rodimus Prime from the cartoon "return of Optimus Prime"


:"...heh heh, I'm a pepper. Wouldn't you like to be pepper too?" :P :lol:
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243161)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:17am CDT
what ever it is i doubt itll be cheap, i need another classics rodimus to repaint but i dont feel like paying the prices he goes for. Id settle for a KO if it was cheap enough. was hoping the battle in space 2 pack would go on clearance but thats not going to happen. Im surprised we havent seen this mold get the KO treatment sooner.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243166)
Posted by robofreak on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:35am CDT
I don't mind KOs when they have ridiculous colors or strange retools, but the imatation thing is annoying.

SG Rodimus and Henkei are clearly the inended targets for this.

Now I'm waiting for Mike to do another epic freak out over this.

The red Rodimus prototype we see is cool though. I like the whole Hate Plague vibe.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243168)
Posted by g60force on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:48am CDT
You guys don't know what your are talking about I hope there's good visible difference so that everybody is happy... and I want a few to customize and thank god finally affordable!!
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243198)
Posted by Pot Bot on June 20th, 2011 @ 3:34am CDT
To be fair i had Henkei Hot Rod, but sold him when i gave up collecting. I got the cyclonus Hot Rod 2 pack when i restarted, the paint job on Hot Rod is vile. Im really annoyed because this version has loose joints everywhere too. If Cyclonus wasnt so nice id've been gutted. Maybe i might pick one of these up if its not too bad
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243203)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on June 20th, 2011 @ 4:14am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Daaaaang.

He will bootleg anything and everything. The better questions to ask are:

1.) Why didn't he do it sooner?
2.) Why not rare items such as Lio Kaiser?

Seriously. There is so much potential here if he's going to bootleg everything under the sun. At least pick the really rare, really hard to find stuff that's in high demand.

Fortress Maximus, I can understand why it's not being bootlegged, I mean...it's TWO FEET of plastic and weighs several pounds.

But Classics Rodimus? Really? We have the original, we have clear "reissues", we have the black redecoes, we have the BiS boxset guy, and they're collecting dust at your local TRU as we speak.

So many other options off the top of my head. Seriously, this seems like a waste right now.


I'm not an expert or anything but I think those molds might harder to get a hold of.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243209)
Posted by craggy on June 20th, 2011 @ 4:47am CDT
I don't even like the mold that much, but I'd like one that matched my Protector better than the Challenge at Cybertron/Battle in Space version. Might just see about getting the Henkei reissue though.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243256)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 20th, 2011 @ 6:43am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Daaaaang.

1.) Why didn't he do it sooner?
2.) Why not rare items such as Lio Kaiser?


1) He's been busy doing other molds. This is only my guess.
2) Perhaps he doesn't have originals to reverse engineer.

El Duque wrote:
ae_productions wrote:"Painfully aware..."

You are saying this as if it is bad news that we are actually getting a KO Wildrider and Shattered Glass Hot Rod with a realistic price tag.

Quite the opposite. This is FANTASTIC news.

Now the everyday, normal fan can finally be on the same playing field and actually afford to own a toy that has been bastardized to the pompous collecting "elite" snobs.

Thank you KO Toys! I will be ordering BOTH the Shattered Glass AND the Wildrider versions if produced.


Ummm....I was only pointing out that if you've been in the market for either figure recently you are "painfully aware" of their price. It had nothing to do with my approval or disapproval of these KO's.

There's no reason to call those who own these figures "elite snobs", they were both reasonably priced when they were released as far as exclusives go.


Some of these KOs are quite pricey and I'm not talking about the gold, silver, or whatever chromed pieces. KOs are suppose to be cheaper than the originals. Some of these are not by any means cheaper.

I personally would not mind a KO of Wildrider since I missed it's original release. I would love a Classics set of combining Stunticons.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243258)
Posted by Pot Bot on June 20th, 2011 @ 6:48am CDT
Im stunned more Prime repaints for motormaster havent been done, a slight head remake would make him a hit i'dve thought, i know his body was different in the comics/cartoon, but so was Ultra Magnus's and they dont seem to care about that
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243301)
Posted by metaphorge on June 20th, 2011 @ 8:24am CDT
I find it amusing that anyone thinks the Western market is presently the primary target for KOs.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243375)
Posted by juxtapose519 on June 20th, 2011 @ 9:49am CDT
This is the worst mould in the history of the Classics lines and it WON'T DIE.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243416)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 20th, 2011 @ 10:41am CDT
juxtapose519 wrote:This is the worst mould in the history of the Classics lines and it WON'T DIE.


Mirage I think is the worst mold in the Classics line. Unfortunately if I want a Stunticons team I'd have to find a Dragstrip of that mold.

I might have kept the e-hooby Rodimus except I did not like color scheme.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243434)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 20th, 2011 @ 11:04am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:1.) Why didn't he do it sooner?


Probably because he was too busy being crazy
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243457)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 20th, 2011 @ 11:27am CDT
Worst mold in the history of the classics line has gotta be deluxe Prime. The one with spinning arms.

KO of Roddy ... before BiS I could see the point, but not so much now. Especially with Henkei Roddy being re-released. Only excited about the possibility of reshells using the Roddy mold.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243461)
Posted by Mkall on June 20th, 2011 @ 11:33am CDT
I'm not ashamed to say that I want a Black Rodimus for my Scyther Armour. I already have a legit one whom I'm keeping separate and I certainly don't want to pay 400 for another.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243534)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 20th, 2011 @ 12:57pm CDT
Well then, guess I'm lucky to have at least one version of Rodimus. That version is the RTS repaint, and I have to say, I really do like it. :x
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243584)
Posted by Scaleface on June 20th, 2011 @ 2:19pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:what ever it is i doubt itll be cheap, i need another classics rodimus to repaint but i dont feel like paying the prices he goes for. Id settle for a KO if it was cheap enough. was hoping the battle in space 2 pack would go on clearance but thats not going to happen. Im surprised we havent seen this mold get the KO treatment sooner.


These Deluxe sized replica quality KOs generally got for $20-30 plus $10 shipping. While more than a Deluxe at the corner store, not bad for a replica of a toy than can sell for hundreds of dollars for the SG or Wildrider deco.

There have been KOs of the Classic Rodimus toy before, but they were not replica quality, they were badly colored oversized and simplified knockoffs.

Image

Image
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243585)
Posted by Scaleface on June 20th, 2011 @ 2:20pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:1.) Why didn't he do it sooner?


Probably because he was too busy being crazy


Is KOtoys making these, or just selling them for CHMS?
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243682)
Posted by Vicalliose on June 20th, 2011 @ 5:15pm CDT
Blackstreak wrote:Some of these KOs are quite pricey and I'm not talking about the gold, silver, or whatever chromed pieces. KOs are suppose to be cheaper than the originals. Some of these are not by any means cheaper.

I heard a statement from someone who knew him (a guy who did work designing his website from what I remember) that he really overprices many of his KOs for what he pays for them. Not that it matters that much, it's kinda difficult to actually find these any place else, so there's not much choice unless you have your own middleman.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243768)
Posted by necr0blivion on June 20th, 2011 @ 7:38pm CDT
Scaleface wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:what ever it is i doubt itll be cheap, i need another classics rodimus to repaint but i dont feel like paying the prices he goes for. Id settle for a KO if it was cheap enough. was hoping the battle in space 2 pack would go on clearance but thats not going to happen. Im surprised we havent seen this mold get the KO treatment sooner.


These Deluxe sized replica quality KOs generally got for $20-30 plus $10 shipping. While more than a Deluxe at the corner store, not bad for a replica of a toy than can sell for hundreds of dollars for the SG or Wildrider deco.

There have been KOs of the Classic Rodimus toy before, but they were not replica quality, they were badly colored oversized and simplified knockoffs.

Image

Image


I just saw the pic of oversized KO Rodimus, and all I could think was "Why so sad, panda bear?"

I have the original Classics release, the BiS release (I do like the color scheme, very G1-esque), and the United set version. I'm looking forward to ordering Takara's re-release of the Henkei mold, and would like to see some KOs of Wildrider/SG Rodimus, as those won't be reissued due to being exclusives. I just can't justify paying hundreds each for these, and the recent black Rodimus/Hot Rod galleries make me extremely envious.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243783)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 20th, 2011 @ 8:18pm CDT
Vicalliose wrote:
Blackstreak wrote:Some of these KOs are quite pricey and I'm not talking about the gold, silver, or whatever chromed pieces. KOs are suppose to be cheaper than the originals. Some of these are not by any means cheaper.

I heard a statement from someone who knew him (a guy who did work designing his website from what I remember) that he really overprices many of his KOs for what he pays for them. Not that it matters that much, it's kinda difficult to actually find these any place else, so there's not much choice unless you have your own middleman.


That's about the truth of it too. What he has in his favor is that they are better quality than the majority of other KOs out there. I bought some that were plastic disgraces, and I've bought some real gems. If a Wildrider KO is produced I'm buying one.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243784)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 20th, 2011 @ 8:19pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I'm not ashamed to say that I want a Black Rodimus for my Scyther Armour. I already have a legit one whom I'm keeping separate and I certainly don't want to pay 400 for another.


I can second that. I wouldn't mind a KO of that either. It would make it easier for me to talk myself into paying the ridiculous price for the FP Shadow Scythe on the after-market.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243819)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 20th, 2011 @ 8:57pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:1.) Why didn't he do it sooner?


Probably because he was too busy being crazy

:lol:
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244893)
Posted by El Duque on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:06am CDT
This will probably come as no surprise to most, but CHMS is planning on using the Classics Rodimus KO to produce KO versions of Henkei Wildrider and Shattered Glass Rodimus. Staff member Mach came across the image of the two seen below. You will want to be extra cautious if you're in the market for authentic versions of either of these guys in the future, especially loose figures.

Seibertron does not endorse or condone these KO's, this post is for purely informative.

Image
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244907)
Posted by OlivusPrime on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:27am CDT
Only my morals prevent me from getting these. Wildrider would be especially welcome in my collection (although ROTF Deluxe Deadend is still good).
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244914)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:35am CDT
I'll probably end up getting the KOs JUST to permanently pose inside the combined armor. Hmmmm.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244919)
Posted by ShardFenix on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:40am CDT
Wildrider looks fairly fantastic. If I can find a shaow scyther i would definitely pick up a KO
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244920)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:44am CDT
Anybody know which mold matches Shadow Scyther better?
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244926)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:54am CDT
Sweet! Now I'll finally be able to get closer to completing my Neo Stunticons without getting ass raped!

I think my SG Roddy will stay in Shadow Scyther armor though.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244928)
Posted by Stormrider on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:55am CDT
Are those pictures of the KOs?
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244929)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:56am CDT
So are the Wildrider/SG Rodimus figures seen in the image legit KOs? :???:
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244940)
Posted by El Duque on June 22nd, 2011 @ 12:16pm CDT
These are the KO's.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244948)
Posted by Stormrider on June 22nd, 2011 @ 12:22pm CDT
El Duque wrote:These are the KO's.


Crap. There goes the neighborhood.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244967)
Posted by Layri Cheetah on June 22nd, 2011 @ 12:42pm CDT
El Duque wrote:This will probably come as no surprise to most, but CHMS is planning on using the Classics Rodimus KO to produce KO versions of Henkei Wildrider and Shattered Glass Rodimus. Staff member Mach came across the image of the two seen below. You will want to be extra cautious if you're in the market for authentic versions of either of these guys in the future, especially loose figures.

Seibertron does not endorse or condone these KO's, this post is for purely informative.

Image

Cool Black Rodimus! I want him in my TF-Knock-Off-Collection.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1244997)
Posted by robofreak on June 22nd, 2011 @ 1:11pm CDT
Well, this sucks.

I'm having a hard enough time budgeting for these 2 and now I have to fight the KO market for them.

I'm hoping Takara will fight back and announce and a Wildrider reprint. Exclusive or not, it would be a smart move on their part.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1245063)
Posted by rpetras on June 22nd, 2011 @ 2:23pm CDT
Cool, I'll finally be able to get these guys. I don't care if they are KO's or not, I just want them for my evil-black-repaint display. :twisted:
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1245066)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:
El Duque wrote:These are the KO's.


Crap. There goes the neighborhood.


Meh, I have no use for them, but if I were to get them, I'd have to go for the Wildrider version, just to make an "unofficial" Classics Stunticon team. Please let them be like $20 bucks.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1245070)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 22nd, 2011 @ 2:30pm CDT
So in the wake of Henkei Rodimus RE-release there is no fact of a RE-release of these other 2 figs yes/no, just these KO's? Considering the decent QC with their seekers I hope these have the same quality considering that I might get them...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1245119)
Posted by Scaleface on June 22nd, 2011 @ 4:05pm CDT
robofreak wrote:Well, this sucks.

I'm having a hard enough time budgeting for these 2 and now I have to fight the KO market for them.

I'm hoping Takara will fight back and announce and a Wildrider reprint. Exclusive or not, it would be a smart move on their part.


How does the presence of lower cost alternatives make it harder to buy them?

FYI - CHMS and KOToys have never released a toy that wasn't IDENTIFIABLE as a KO. They alwasy make it on the box and the toy has different details - ON PURPOSE. So it's not like you have to really worry someone will sell you a fake.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1245122)
Posted by g60force on June 22nd, 2011 @ 4:09pm CDT
THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!

WHY?

this makes sure I don't have to customize my roddy for upcoming menasor..
although I will be using the original SE-Dragstrip.. original Wildrider prices are insane!
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1245131)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 22nd, 2011 @ 4:28pm CDT
Wow two nice looking KOs but...I dont support KOs and I dont plan to support it now or ever...And plus I have no need for repaints.

PS : This can be both great and bad news. So stop saying stuff like "You're wrong this is great news !" or "Dammit this is bad news !"...
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1245145)
Posted by LiKwid on June 22nd, 2011 @ 4:54pm CDT
For those who are considering buying these, an alternitive website to purchase them from, located in the states is Acestoystore.com. They carry alot of CHMS stuff for KOtoys. I've bought from them and they run a great business. They ship fast and items come well packaged. Im not 100% sure they will carry this but they do carry alot of the KOLD and CHMS seekers.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1245146)
Posted by Rated X on June 22nd, 2011 @ 4:54pm CDT
This news is so great I had to post during my overseas vacation !!!

Thank you Mike !!! You are god !!!

Sorry I wasted 100 bucks on a Henkei Rodimus at Botcon but it's all good...Im all over these !!!

And I must remind everyone that the words "official" or "exclusive" mean nothing in my collecting world. I am loyal to no particular brand. I collect the best and most affordable version of G1 characters. I am very happy for everyone who has been wanting these figures.

Click here to view an additional 12 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014