Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming

Transformers News: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming

Sunday, June 19th, 2011 11:10PM CDT

Category: Knock Offs
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 53,810

KOToys has posted images of a Classics Rodimus test sample. According to the post products based on this mold will start rolling out late this month or early next month. As most of you are painfully aware this mold has two very sought after and highly priced repaints, Henkei Wildrider and Shattered Glass Rodimus. While we don't have confirmation they will knock off these two versions chances are good they will. If you're in the market for any version of the Classics Rodimus mold you may want to use extra caution when purchasing.

Seibertron.com does not endorse or condone KO's, the purpose of this post is purely informative.

Credit(s): KOToys
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243102)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 19th, 2011 @ 11:29pm CDT
Burning Rodimus!
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243108)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 19th, 2011 @ 11:32pm CDT
Sigh, crazy man makes another that people will snap up.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243112)
Posted by dirk2243 on June 19th, 2011 @ 11:39pm CDT
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243116)
Posted by ae_productions on June 19th, 2011 @ 11:49pm CDT
"Painfully aware..."

You are saying this as if it is bad news that we are actually getting a KO Wildrider and Shattered Glass Hot Rod with a realistic price tag.

Quite the opposite. This is FANTASTIC news.

Now the everyday, normal fan can finally be on the same playing field and actually afford to own a toy that has been bastardized to the pompous collecting "elite" snobs.

Thank you KO Toys! I will be ordering BOTH the Shattered Glass AND the Wildrider versions if produced.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243122)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 20th, 2011 @ 12:04am CDT
Daaaaang.

He will bootleg anything and everything. The better questions to ask are:

1.) Why didn't he do it sooner?
2.) Why not rare items such as Lio Kaiser?

Seriously. There is so much potential here if he's going to bootleg everything under the sun. At least pick the really rare, really hard to find stuff that's in high demand.

Fortress Maximus, I can understand why it's not being bootlegged, I mean...it's TWO FEET of plastic and weighs several pounds.

But Classics Rodimus? Really? We have the original, we have clear "reissues", we have the black redecoes, we have the BiS boxset guy, and they're collecting dust at your local TRU as we speak.

So many other options off the top of my head. Seriously, this seems like a waste right now.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243128)
Posted by El Duque on June 20th, 2011 @ 12:15am CDT
ae_productions wrote:"Painfully aware..."

Quite the opposite. This is FANTASTIC news.

Ummm....I was only pointing out that if you've been in the market for either figure recently you are "painfully aware" of their price. It had nothing to do with my approval or disapproval of these KO's.

There's no reason to call those who own these figures "elite snobs", they were both reasonably priced when they were released as far as exclusives go.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243154)
Posted by Poyguimogul on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:01am CDT
dirk2243 wrote:This one looks like the infected Rodimus Prime from the cartoon "return of Optimus Prime"

Hell yeah! That would have been a cooler Hot Rod/Rodimus then Under the Sea/Matrix glo
that E-hobby dropped (which is also , ok).
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243156)
Posted by krenger99 on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:08am CDT

:"...heh heh, I'm a pepper. Wouldn't you like to be pepper too?" :P :lol:
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243161)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:17am CDT
what ever it is i doubt itll be cheap, i need another classics rodimus to repaint but i dont feel like paying the prices he goes for. Id settle for a KO if it was cheap enough. was hoping the battle in space 2 pack would go on clearance but thats not going to happen. Im surprised we havent seen this mold get the KO treatment sooner.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243166)
Posted by robofreak on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:35am CDT
I don't mind KOs when they have ridiculous colors or strange retools, but the imatation thing is annoying.

SG Rodimus and Henkei are clearly the inended targets for this.

Now I'm waiting for Mike to do another epic freak out over this.

The red Rodimus prototype we see is cool though. I like the whole Hate Plague vibe.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243168)
Posted by g60force on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:48am CDT
You guys don't know what your are talking about I hope there's good visible difference so that everybody is happy... and I want a few to customize and thank god finally affordable!!
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243198)
Posted by Pot Bot on June 20th, 2011 @ 3:34am CDT
To be fair i had Henkei Hot Rod, but sold him when i gave up collecting. I got the cyclonus Hot Rod 2 pack when i restarted, the paint job on Hot Rod is vile. Im really annoyed because this version has loose joints everywhere too. If Cyclonus wasnt so nice id've been gutted. Maybe i might pick one of these up if its not too bad
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243203)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on June 20th, 2011 @ 4:14am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Daaaaang.

He will bootleg anything and everything. The better questions to ask are:

1.) Why didn't he do it sooner?
2.) Why not rare items such as Lio Kaiser?

I'm not an expert or anything but I think those molds might harder to get a hold of.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243209)
Posted by craggy on June 20th, 2011 @ 4:47am CDT
I don't even like the mold that much, but I'd like one that matched my Protector better than the Challenge at Cybertron/Battle in Space version. Might just see about getting the Henkei reissue though.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243256)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 20th, 2011 @ 6:43am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Daaaaang.

1.) Why didn't he do it sooner?
2.) Why not rare items such as Lio Kaiser?

1) He's been busy doing other molds. This is only my guess.
2) Perhaps he doesn't have originals to reverse engineer.

El Duque wrote:
ae_productions wrote:"Painfully aware..."

Quite the opposite. This is FANTASTIC news.

Some of these KOs are quite pricey and I'm not talking about the gold, silver, or whatever chromed pieces. KOs are suppose to be cheaper than the originals. Some of these are not by any means cheaper.

I personally would not mind a KO of Wildrider since I missed it's original release. I would love a Classics set of combining Stunticons.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243258)
Posted by Pot Bot on June 20th, 2011 @ 6:48am CDT
Im stunned more Prime repaints for motormaster havent been done, a slight head remake would make him a hit i'dve thought, i know his body was different in the comics/cartoon, but so was Ultra Magnus's and they dont seem to care about that
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243301)
Posted by metaphorge on June 20th, 2011 @ 8:24am CDT
I find it amusing that anyone thinks the Western market is presently the primary target for KOs.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243375)
Posted by juxtapose519 on June 20th, 2011 @ 9:49am CDT
This is the worst mould in the history of the Classics lines and it WON'T DIE.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243416)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 20th, 2011 @ 10:41am CDT
juxtapose519 wrote:This is the worst mould in the history of the Classics lines and it WON'T DIE.

Mirage I think is the worst mold in the Classics line. Unfortunately if I want a Stunticons team I'd have to find a Dragstrip of that mold.

I might have kept the e-hooby Rodimus except I did not like color scheme.
Re: Buyer Beware: Classic Rodimus Mold KO is Coming (1243434)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 20th, 2011 @ 11:04am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:1.) Why didn't he do it sooner?

Probably because he was too busy being crazy

Ending Soon On eBay

STARSCREAM Transformers KRE-O Set MISB new lego G1 kreo - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 36 minutes 19 seconds
SENTINEL PRIME Transformers KRE-O Set new kreo lego G1 soundwave thundercracker - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 24 minutes
Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech Autobot Cyberfire Bumblebee 2010 MB - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 40 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Generations IDW Deluxe Thrilling 30-GOLDFIRE - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 26 minutes 43 seconds
Vintage Transformers G2: DEVASTATOR Yellow Constructicons Hasbro 1992 - Time Remaining: 10 days 12 hours 31 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers SCORPONOK - 2004 Energon action figure - loose - Time Remaining: 12 days 1 hour 16 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech Autobot Nitro Bumblebee 2010 MB - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 48 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers MP-12B Lambor G-2 Version Sideswipe by Takara - Time Remaining: 10 days 12 hours 17 minutes 58 seconds
Website Security Test