Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released!

Transformers News: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released!

Friday, July 17th, 2009 9:58AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Knock Offs
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 22,445

Seibertron.com member "Pretender Skywarp" has warned us that a new Bootleg will be released this month. The KO is of G1 Sunstreaker. Pretender Skywarp also posted a link to an auction selling it as a soon to come reissue.

Click here to see the auction so you can know what the box looks like so you can avoid it.

Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released!

Be careful when buying a Sunstreaker in the future as it may be a KO.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): Pretender Skywarp

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released! (956905)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 17th, 2009 @ 10:10am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Thanks for the warning PS!

You're most welcome, I knew that the box had been counterfieted, but now the toy too :shock:
Re: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released! (956933)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 17th, 2009 @ 10:54am CDT

I suppose now would be a good time for an official Encore release so we knew what we were getting.
Re: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released! (956937)
Posted by DREWCIFER on July 17th, 2009 @ 11:05am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:If this gets out of hand couldnt this kill the G1 market with fear of picking up a KO? If these things turn up for resale out of box on ebay we are going to have a hard time telling.

Nope. All the G1 Dinobots were KO'd and Seibs put up a G1 gallery just last week. Also, Wheeljack and a few incarnations of Mirage have been KO'd and the KO's are still selling for $75+.

I have mixed feelings. I love KO's that aren't trying to rip someone off. Like funky colours and such. However, KO's sold as G1 with G1 boxes and prices that top $100 is friggin' insane, and I don't want to be a part of it.

On the other hand, Sunstreaker has been on my "to get" list for a while, so...yeah.. I dunno.

:DEVIL:
Re: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released! (956978)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on July 17th, 2009 @ 12:34pm CDT
Why can't TakaraTomy do the same thing and release him as part of the Encore line?
Seriously, if I see a Wheeljack KO, I'll run naked in the streets.
Re: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released! (956989)
Posted by DMSL on July 17th, 2009 @ 12:56pm CDT
The quality of the cassettes is so-so but Mirage was really good. So if this is the same amount of quality as Mirage i'll be getting it.
Re: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released! (956995)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 17th, 2009 @ 1:04pm CDT
Wonder how much they'd let it go for? I still need a sunstreaker. I dont care if i have a KO or a real one as long as the price is right. I dont get how the KO guys can some how make a new mold but Hasbro and Tarkara cant.
Re: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released! (957000)
Posted by Mkall on July 17th, 2009 @ 1:13pm CDT
Jetstorm9221 wrote:Could someone explain me how are they able to KO Sunstreaker if his mold is totally broken?
Seriously, if I see a Wheeljack KO, I'll run naked in the streets.

I don't know if it's been confirmed if the mold was broken or just "lost"
Re: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released! (957013)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 17th, 2009 @ 1:24pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Seriously, if I see a Wheeljack KO, I'll run naked in the streets.

I don't know if it's been confirmed if the mold was broken or just "lost"

Learn Chinese! 'Lost' = 'Stolen'

No, but seriously, the mold probably was just left in a factory. New owners come in, get the factory, all the molds in it and go to town.
Re: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released! (957044)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 17th, 2009 @ 2:00pm CDT
Seriously, if I see a Wheeljack KO, I'll run naked in the streets.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44971
Re: Buyer beware: KO Sunstreaker to be released! (957199)
Posted by D-340 on July 17th, 2009 @ 6:19pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Seriously, if I see a Wheeljack KO, I'll run naked in the streets.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44971

And now cue up some Ray Stevens."They call him the streak!"

Ending Soon On eBay

New NIB Takara Transformers AD22 Galvatron Age of Extinction Import Japan F/S - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 1 minute 47 seconds
New Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks Import Japan F/S - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 16 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Movie All Spark Power Deluxe Autobot Cliffjumper Figure Red Camaro - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 17 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Classic Universe Action Figure Tankor With Melee Blade RID New MOSC - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 minutes 31 seconds
Quickswitch Left Laser Rifle G1 Transformers 1988 Vintage Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 38 minutes 28 seconds
Quickswitch Right Laser Rifle G1 Transformers 1988 Vintage Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 38 minutes 28 seconds
Predaking Tantrum Foot G1 Transformers 1986 Vintage Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 53 minutes 32 seconds
Headmaster Squeezeplay Gun Rifle Laser G1 Transformers Hasbro 1988 Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 53 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits