CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images

Transformers News: CA-04  Causality  Stormbomb Finished Product Images

Friday, September 2nd, 2011 12:22PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 47,743

Site sponsor TFsource has just sent us some new high quality in-hand images of FansProject CA-04 Causality Stormbomb. Additionally it looks like the fine folks at FansProject have included a replacement set of blades/claws for CA-03 Thundershred, due to all the QC issues fans were experiencing.

CA-04 Causality Storbomb is in-stock and ready to ship, orders can be placed by clicking here.

Credit(s): TFsource
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1284942)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on September 2nd, 2011 @ 12:25pm CDT
Good call on FP's part to include the replacement weapon. Now, people can hop back over to the "All Hail FansProject" train. :lol:
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1284950)
Posted by Burnin12 on September 2nd, 2011 @ 12:40pm CDT
Ha Ha I all ready had bought a used second Thundershred because I all ready busted a tab off a claw and could never had the long pinchers in alt mode. I'm going to have 3 times the blades now!!! Kinda Awesome since I really don't mind having 2 Thundershreds anyway!

Kind of odd we're just now getting the "official images" now though. I all ready got my shipped notification from BBTS and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1284953)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 2nd, 2011 @ 12:46pm CDT
Say what, replacement weapon? Man, I am out of the loop. First I heard of problems with it. Lucky for me, I dont even have my Thundershred yet! :lol:

These pics are looking a little washed out, but no doubt he's awesome. Once I get some Decepticon symbols on there.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1284957)
Posted by Prime Evil on September 2nd, 2011 @ 12:57pm CDT
REPLACEMENT WEAPONS?!?! Awwww gee thanks FP. I was able to modify my original set, but definite appreciate looking out for those that have a busted one. Now THAT'S customer service.

FansProject = For the Eternal Win
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1284958)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 2nd, 2011 @ 12:57pm CDT
Are we to assume that the whole new shuriken weapon means that the blades have been redesigned? If not, then what's the point? Goes to show though that even on the rare occassion FansProject's quality lets you down their fan service has got our backs.

Stormbomb is looking very awesome! Nice work indeed. I wonder if we'll have to wait another month for Backfiery incase there are any issues with Stormbomb.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1284978)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 2nd, 2011 @ 2:02pm CDT
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1284979)
Posted by El Duque on September 2nd, 2011 @ 2:06pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:What other issues are people having with Thundershred? My arms are ridiculously loose, but no issues with the claws on my end. The legs also don't connect to the pegs in alt mode.

A lot people have had either the pegs break off the end of the claws where they insert into the gauntlets or had teh gauntlets stress and crack. Mine are super tight, but I've experienced no damage.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1284983)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 2nd, 2011 @ 2:32pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Oh ya, I forgot about the claws. Mine are as tight as a nun on Sunday.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1284995)
Posted by NTESHFT on September 2nd, 2011 @ 3:17pm CDT
Hey- I never doubted them for a micro second! Can't wait til mine comes in.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1284998)
Posted by GetRightRobot on September 2nd, 2011 @ 3:29pm CDT
I have had no problems with my claws, but I will take another set, I can try out a chroming technique I've recently learned about. How bout TFSource.com? You shipped mine yet? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1285000)
Posted by conbot3 on September 2nd, 2011 @ 3:33pm CDT
Just placed an order for stormbomb :grin: , just have to contact repro labels for a set of stickers to be made.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1285025)
Posted by Leviathan on September 2nd, 2011 @ 4:35pm CDT
I can't wait till I get this. Really happy about the replacement weapons, the port on one of Thundershed's blades broke. made me sad. It happened on the day I got it to, which made me even more sad. Now, I wonder if FP is going to re-release these guys in the colors of the e-Hobby Takara Insecticon clones. I think they would look good in the red colors. and I would love it if they did their own version of the Deluxe Insecticons. That would make me, and many others, extremely happy. That way, I would have a complete set of Insecticons.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1285029)
Posted by DMSL on September 2nd, 2011 @ 4:40pm CDT
My Thundershred had gauntlets that were ridiculously tight. You had to click the blades in and then you coulden't get them out. I tried pulling hard and snapped one peg off. I then used some tools to press the others out from the inside and managed to salvage two blades. I contacted TFsource and they sent me two replacement blades which is awesome.

I used a disposable file, cut it to size with a hobby knife and then i used that on the slots in the gauntlets. Now they still are rather tight but you can easily remove them and they don't break.

I just ordered my Stormbomb from TFsource and can't wait to get it and see what Fansproject have done with the replacement blades. If they are redesigned i hope they will fit in the gauntlets.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1285037)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on September 2nd, 2011 @ 5:16pm CDT
That's great about the replacement blades... But... I still have a small piece of plastic in the wrist gauntlet part... :/
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1285041)
Posted by necr0blivion on September 2nd, 2011 @ 5:31pm CDT
Can anyone verify if the replacement pieces are just a copy of the original or if they were tweaked to fit better with the first Insecticon?
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1285046)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on September 2nd, 2011 @ 5:43pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Same here. The new blades will be cool, but not necessarily needed.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1285053)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 2nd, 2011 @ 6:08pm CDT
Why does everything Fan'sProject make turn to gold, and are worth it's weight in it?
LOL Kinda weird, but funny, my mom came in and looked at him and said,
"Okay, what's with bondage man?"
I laughed my ass off.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1285140)
Posted by The Dude on September 2nd, 2011 @ 10:33pm CDT
Hmmm... Stormbomb is looking better and better. However, NOT BUYING unless it's confirmed that these pegs are looser than the ones on Thundershred. I didn't buy Thundershred because of all this peg-breaking craziness, but I really want him.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1285145)
Posted by GetRightRobot on September 2nd, 2011 @ 10:49pm CDT
This is starting to feel like a smear campaign. I have NEVER had a single problem with anything Fansproject has made, which includes, 3 City Commander upgrades (Nemesis, Magnus, DIA), Protector Upgrade, Sidearm, Blesser, Warbot Defender, CrossFire Munitioner, Explorer, Warcry, Flameblast, and Thundershred. I don't mean to sound all defensive, but this is the first I've heard of any QC issues from Fansproject. Perhaps I've been lucky, or that I am a little more careful when handling pricier figures, but that has been my experience.
Re: CA-04 Causality Stormbomb Finished Product Images (1285156)
Posted by Kung Fu Man on September 2nd, 2011 @ 11:25pm CDT
Regarding the topic subject...holy heck does that look awesome. The double chain flail adds a *lot* to this toy's look, and the overall design still keeps the "Bombshell" appearance.

I may get one of these next pay day.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Movie Unleashed Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Set Complete MISB 2007 - Time Remaining: 27 days 17 hours 10 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Universe Constructicon Buckethead Complete MISB Sealed Devastator - Time Remaining: 27 days 10 hours 25 minutes 27 seconds
Original G2 Transformers Decepticon Constructicon Bonecrusher 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 27 days 8 hours 25 minutes 25 seconds
Original G1 Transformers Decepticon Pretender Octopunch Outer Shell - Time Remaining: 27 days 6 hours 25 minutes 23 seconds
Kabaya Transformers Superlink / Energon Omega Supreme Sealed Extremely Rare! - Time Remaining: 28 days 14 hours 55 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Movie Robot Replicas Optimus Prime vs Megatron Complete MISB 2007 - Time Remaining: 27 days 16 hours 55 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Universe Constructicon Bonecrusher Complete MISB Sealed Devastator - Time Remaining: 27 days 10 hours 25 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Universe Micromaster Protectobots Defensor 100% Complete Set - Time Remaining: 27 days 10 hours 40 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits