Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures

Transformers News: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures

Monday, December 24th, 2007 1:38PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 53,835

More new images have surfaced of the four new Wal-Mart Exclusive "Allspark Power" figures: Jolt, Grindcore, Divebomb and Big Daddy.

The seller of the original auctions has now posted images of the cardbackings, giving us our first look at the robot modes for these four new figures.

See the images below.

UPDATE: Scaleface has found a link to some high-resolution images. You can even read their profiles! See them by clicking here.

Credit(s): tfw2005.com, Scaleface
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584011)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on December 24th, 2007 @ 2:11pm CST
Well...Big Daddy looks good. The rest are really blah.
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584015)
Posted by Agent 007 on December 24th, 2007 @ 2:15pm CST
cool can anyone read the bios?
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584019)
Posted by Skowl on December 24th, 2007 @ 2:21pm CST
Wow, Jolt looks surprisingly awesome! Big Daddy is still the best of the bunch though, and I have a feeling he's going to become one of the classic, fan-favourite repaints. It's an obscure homage, which makes it really cool, and it's superbly well-executed!
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584022)
Posted by The Arc on December 24th, 2007 @ 2:24pm CST
I like all of them except divebomb.I like C.Thundercrackers O.G paint scheme and not some vomit colored jet.As soon as I see these in stores I shall get them all
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584039)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on December 24th, 2007 @ 2:50pm CST
The only one of these that I'm really interested in is Big Daddy. I just love that orange and black deco. Stick a Flyers symbol on him and he'd be good to go in Philly. Jolt is a possible buy, but the others are instant passes.
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584051)
Posted by Scaleface on December 24th, 2007 @ 3:02pm CST
You can see bigger pictures of them here:

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&a ... 00&start=0

Basically Big Daddy has Tracks vanity, Divebomb has a leaking reactor like Sunstorm, Grindcore likes heavy metal rock like Blaster, and Jolt was created during the final Allspark battle, then sought out Barricade and Frenzy to learn how to be evil (more proof Barricade lives on).
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584059)
Posted by Nekoman on December 24th, 2007 @ 3:14pm CST
These repaints are quite interesting, I believe Jolt and Big daddy are my favorites. The robot modes live up to what I was hoping for.
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584063)
Posted by Skowl on December 24th, 2007 @ 3:18pm CST
Scaleface wrote:You can see bigger pictures of them here:

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&a ... 00&start=0

Thanks Scaleface, I updated the story with the link to the high-res images. Interesting profiles indeed.
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584081)
Posted by Anonymous. on December 24th, 2007 @ 3:49pm CST

Jolt's bio clearly shows that Barricade is alive, but then again.. when have we ever taken toy bios to heart?(G1 Jazz's saying that he is alive.. Jungle Bonecrusher's states that he's alive..... etc, etc.)
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584085)
Posted by Scaleface on December 24th, 2007 @ 4:03pm CST
Blurrz wrote:Really liking Big Daddy's bio and Divebomb should've been Stinkbomb instead! And I think everyone knew that Grindcore was going to be related to metal music.. wow.. that was really easy to call. I wonder what the Autobots play in the locker room... Jazz's hip-hop or Grindcore's metal? :-P

More importantly the bio for Jolt stated FRENZY LIVES! I guess you can't keep a bad boom-box down.
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584124)
Posted by Raymond101 on December 24th, 2007 @ 5:41pm CST
I will definitely take Big Daddy home. I'd like to get Grindcore, while at the same time, I'm not sure about the Decepticons.
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584126)
Posted by Omega Charge on December 24th, 2007 @ 5:43pm CST
Funny bios...
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584129)
Posted by Vile MK III on December 24th, 2007 @ 5:52pm CST
Big Daddy: Autobot Pimp/ Player. :grin:
That's such an awesome name, and repaint.
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584154)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on December 24th, 2007 @ 6:35pm CST
The walmart guys have some of the best Bios I've read in a real long time :grin:
I realy like how they got into each one, unlike the tube packed guys that you can just tell they're bored with

Big Daddy is kinda like a 50's greaser, thing of Fonzie when he was still with The Falcons :-?

DiveBomb I realy like cause I think the whole "Toxic Vapor" deal is a jab at a stinky figure.

GrindCore, we all said metal, and they came through for us. He should come with a Pantera CD :grin:

Jolt, don't realy care about the figure, but I like the refrence to Baricade and Frenzy. Hopefuly that'll give some closure to that whole issue. But you also have to know that the next set of Bios are only going to negate this set :roll:
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584156)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on December 24th, 2007 @ 6:37pm CST
Couldn't they retool them so there wasn't a Cyber Planet key?
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584167)
Posted by Nekoman on December 24th, 2007 @ 6:49pm CST
Wheeljack35 wrote:Couldn't they retool them so there wasn't a Cyber Planet key?

They might have been able to with most of them, but the Landmine/Grindcore mold would have been next to impossible considering its gimmick.
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584245)
Posted by DeepWater on December 24th, 2007 @ 10:30pm CST
Okay, I was already in to get all of them but the bios seal the deal. Absolute gold, both in humor and references. Wow. :grin:
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584260)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on December 24th, 2007 @ 11:07pm CST
Looks like I'll be getting Big Daddy for sure; his bot mode is pretty sweet.
Probably Grindcore too, for the same reason.
I really dig Jolt's alt mode, but I'm not feeling the bot...
And the colors for Divebomb are a turn-off.

Not a complete letdown, but looks like I'll save a little money for the Animated figs.
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584263)
Posted by Bumblebee-otch on December 24th, 2007 @ 11:11pm CST
these molds don't fit in with the movie line AT ALL, but that may be a good thing. they look good, and i am probably getting them since i don't have much of older stuff.
Re: Card-Backing Images of New "Allspark Power" Figures (584277)
Posted by Justicity on December 24th, 2007 @ 11:43pm CST
Why is it that the Cybertron line was incapable of producing figures with normal arms? Jolt, whats up with his arms? Divebomb, he has a huge long gun for one, overcompensating much? Grindcore, again, a gun. Was there some Cybertron-arm-gimmick I wasn't aware of?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Hasbro Generations IDW 30th Anniversary Deluxe Class Autobot Skids - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 23 minutes 10 seconds
MISB in USA - Transformers Takara Legends LG-20 Skids - IDW Comics Version - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 45 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers RESCUE BOTS BUMBLEBEE Playskool Heroes ROBOT RAPTOR ROAR AND RESCUE - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 16 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th anniversary Titan class Metroplex - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 2 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers G2 Dinobots Snarl Factory Sealed On Card 1993 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 34 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers RESCUE BOTS OPTIMUS PRIME Playskool Heroes ROBOT T-REX ROAR RESCUE - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 35 minutes 34 seconds
DEAD END TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS # 6 (DODGE VIPER COMPETITION) TF - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 23 minutes 40 seconds
GRIMLOCK TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS # 9 (FORD MUSTANG GT) TF - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 23 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory