Transformers News: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed

Saturday, May 18th, 2013 12:01PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,507

Examiner has posted that Transformers 4 will be filming and seeking extras in Austin, TX later this month. More interestingly the name of Mark Wahlberg's character is revealed as Flynn Vincent. The full article can be found by clicking here.

Starring in "Transformers 4" is Jack Reynor in the starring role of a race car driver. The talented and beautiful Nicola Peltz has been cast in the female lead role of Reynor's girlfriend. Mark Wahlberg has signed on to play Nicola's father Flynn Vincent. Sophia Myles will play a major role as a scientist. Peter Cullen returns as the voice of Optimus Prime, and Glenn Morshower reprises his role as General Morshower. Kelsey Grammer was recently cast as the lead villain named "Harold Attinger". Directors Guild of America DGA Award winner Michael Bay will return to direct his fourth installment of the film series from a screenplay written by Ehren Kruger
Credit(s): Examiner

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488346)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 12:18pm CDT
Hmm... Flynn Rider from Tangled, Vincent van Gogh...

...Flynn Vincent... :lol:
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488366)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2013 @ 12:55pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Hmm... Flynn Rider from Tangled, Vincent van Gogh...

...Flynn Vincent... :lol:
Or Kevin Flynn from Tron and Mark Sinclair Vincent (better known as "Vin Diesel"). ;)
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488367)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 12:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Hmm... Flynn Rider from Tangled, Vincent van Gogh...

...Flynn Vincent... :lol:

I approve even more.
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488379)
Posted by Rated X on May 18th, 2013 @ 1:26pm CDT
What kind of name is Flynn Vincent ???

I cant help thinking of Fleece Johnson from Lockup... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488380)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 1:27pm CDT
Rated X wrote:What kind of name is Flynn Vincent ???

The cool kind. 8)
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488382)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2013 @ 1:44pm CDT
Rated X wrote:What kind of name is Flynn Vincent ???
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488386)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 2:03pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:What kind of name is Flynn Vincent ???

I'm keeping that, just so you know. :lol:
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488388)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2013 @ 2:09pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I'm keeping that, just so you know. :lol:
Not mine, anyway. :P
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488398)
Posted by Rated X on May 18th, 2013 @ 3:08pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:What kind of name is Flynn Vincent ???

Wow, you just crowned me with the mother of all "I cant believe he said that" comments ?

I take it you googled "Fleece Johnson". I couldnt help it, thats the first name that comes to mind when I heard the name "Flynn Vincent". They might as well have named him Ruff McThickridge. Im not a fan of "trying to make him sound like a badd ass" names.
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488403)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2013 @ 3:24pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I take it you googled "Fleece Johnson".
No, and I honestly don't know and don't care about whatever that name refers to since it's irrelevant to this.

Rated X wrote:I couldnt help it, thats the first name that comes to mind when I heard the name "Flynn Vincent". They might as well have named him Ruff McThickridge. Im not a fan of "trying to make him sound like a badd ass" names.
Really? "Flynn Vincent" sounds like a dorky name to me, but you don't hear me complaining.
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488405)
Posted by Rated X on May 18th, 2013 @ 3:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:I take it you googled "Fleece Johnson".

Back on topic, the thread is about the casts screen names, so I would think all opinions would be fair game here. I cant think of anything else to discuss about a name other than why you like or dont like it, or what it reminds you of.
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488411)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2013 @ 4:46pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Trust me, if you knew who Fleece Johnson was, you probally would have given me 5 Unicron face balms and the star trek one too for good measure. ;)
Now I wish I hadn't looked up the guy. x_x
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488437)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 18th, 2013 @ 7:34pm CDT
Well, for good measure, here's the Star Trek one

Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488564)
Posted by megatronis on May 19th, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
Hopefuly marky mark is something that can get the franchise in check. i am concerend about somethings tho..for 1 a human villain has been cast..but no news on any bots besides prime...i hope we get news soon and diddnt hasbro say the bots were being redesigned?? how about some concept art! Who's with me? Raise your hand if you want concept. art!!!! :lol: :grin: : :BOT:
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488574)
Posted by Mykltron on May 19th, 2013 @ 8:35am CDT
Rated X wrote:What kind of name is Flynn Vincent ???

The backwards kind. He has a surname for a given name and a given name for surname.
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488584)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 19th, 2013 @ 9:54am CDT
Mykltron wrote:
Rated X wrote:What kind of name is Flynn Vincent ???

That was my 1st thought as well. "Vincent Flynn" would have sounded better. This name sounds retarded.
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488678)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2013 @ 3:56pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
Rated X wrote:What kind of name is Flynn Vincent ???

"Flynn" and "Vincent" are both names that can work as either a first or last name. :roll:
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488916)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 20th, 2013 @ 10:49am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
Rated X wrote:What kind of name is Flynn Vincent ???

It's probably not the 1st time you've been told this, but just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should. :P
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1488941)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 20th, 2013 @ 12:23pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
Rated X wrote:What kind of name is Flynn Vincent ???

Tell that to Campbell Alexander.
Re: Casting for Transformers 4 Actors and Extras in Austin, TX - Mark Wahlberg's Character's Name Revealed (1489001)
Posted by prowl123 on May 20th, 2013 @ 4:58pm CDT
Another human villain? Damn it.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Universe Prowl Wal Mart Exclusive Hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 51 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Heroes of Cybertron Generation One Collection Soundwave Hasbro 2003 - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 36 minutes 45 seconds
Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Generations Classic Deluxe BLURR Figure Complete Exc - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 38 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2008 Animated Deluxe Class ELECTROSTATIC SOUNDWAVE Figure Complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 53 minutes 17 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Original Hasbro G2 1993 Leader MEGATRON Tank Figure Complete Works! - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 8 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Original Hasbro G1 1984 Autobot Minibot PreRub Yellow BUMBLEBEE VGC - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 23 minutes 23 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Original Hasbro G1 1985 Autobot Minibot Rubsign Yellow CLIFFJUMPER - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 38 minutes 23 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2009 Movie Revenge Of The Fallen Voyager MEGATRON Tank Figure EXC - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016