CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings

Transformers News: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings

Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 6:34PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: Savage   Views: 41,945

Many people have had a hard time swallowing the pricetag of Crazy Devy's Predaking upgrades. Well, an update today tells us why the wings were so high priced: They're 14K gold plated! Head on over to CrazyDevy.com to check it out.
Credit(s): CrazyDevy.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114704)
Posted by NemesisScourge on August 18th, 2010 @ 6:40pm CDT
That is just beyond stupid. CrazyDevy never ceases to amaze me.

What's really sad is how many people are going to waste even more money on their poorly executed projects.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114710)
Posted by Skyfire77 on August 18th, 2010 @ 6:53pm CDT
NemesisScourge wrote:That is just beyond stupid. CrazyDevy never ceases to amaze me.

Um, yeah, they may be expensive, but nothing CD has done so far comes close to "poorly executed". I've ordered sets 1, 2, 5, 7, and 8, all of which were very well engineered, and well worth what I paid.

Do I need gold-plated wings? No
Do I want them? Hells yeah!
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114723)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 18th, 2010 @ 7:16pm CDT
Certainly living up to their name. Actual gold on these is just totally unnecessary and dumb.

On that note, they'll probably sell like crazy.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114728)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 18th, 2010 @ 7:24pm CDT
Even if I had a Predaking, I wouldn't want to jump on their "never know when it'll end" train of upgrades for him. Putting real gold on the wings seems dumb.

And why do you suppose they're telling us this now? Why not ... when they're actually selling him? More dumb advertising from Crazy Devy.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114733)
Posted by Covenant on August 18th, 2010 @ 7:34pm CDT
As anyone in the business of a fan's market trend will know but never say; Stupid sells.

They aren't getting MY money for such an idiotic endeavor, but they'll likely make plenty of cash back from the gotta-have-it addicts.

In this economy? I can't applaud their efforts, but I do say more power to them. A fool & his money are soon parted. If they found ways to do the parting, so be it. Wish I had thought of something so lucratively dumb, so to speak.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114735)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on August 18th, 2010 @ 7:40pm CDT
Ha! That is so awesome! Ill be getting the reissue at the end of the year and this is the first upgrade Ill be getting (maybe more like the back cannons).

Who's transformers collection couldn't use a lil' bling bling?
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114737)
Posted by Jenus on August 18th, 2010 @ 7:45pm CDT
Shouldn't this have been posted in the KO and 3rd Party Toys section?

I posted this news almost 9 hours ago.
to-all-cdmw-11-buyers-t68634.php
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114740)
Posted by zingoz15 on August 18th, 2010 @ 7:49pm CDT
I bet he'll have a hard time flying with those. :)
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114744)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 18th, 2010 @ 7:58pm CDT
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114750)
Posted by Skyfire77 on August 18th, 2010 @ 8:42pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Holy God, what a waste of material. Who would put gold on a toy?!?!? Why couldn't they just chrome-plate it with gold paint? :-x Again, just a waste of real gold. At least, I think it's real gold. :???:

It's probably vacuum metalized rather than actually plated, so honestly, this can't add more than $5 or $6 to the cost, if that.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114756)
Posted by Swiftpaw on August 18th, 2010 @ 9:02pm CDT
I was almost tempted to consider these, with how much I love Predaking... but not with that crap. That's going to just make the price more absurd, and then you've got import costs... Meh. Can't justify it to myself anymore.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114765)
Posted by Forgotten on August 18th, 2010 @ 9:30pm CDT
That is just, just................ I'm at a loss for words. I don't see how this would work. It seems to be that gold plating would not work out very well on plastic. I will definitely not be getting this, just not worth it in my opinion.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114770)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 18th, 2010 @ 9:42pm CDT
Skyfire77 wrote:

Yeah, might be. :???: But if it is, might make Predaking top-heavy. God I hate figures that are top heavy (ex. Masterpiece Seeker mold w/ hip guards facing back) :BANG_HEAD:
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114799)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on August 18th, 2010 @ 10:54pm CDT
Unnecessary, but I'm still buying the upgrades. I'm a sucker.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114885)
Posted by NemesisScourge on August 19th, 2010 @ 3:24am CDT
Skyfire77 wrote:

Do I need gold-plated wings? No
Do I want them? Hells yeah!

Price was not the main issue mentioned but it is a factor when compared to similar items, perhaps you fail to see the point of my comment.

There's no reason to use actual gold on a toy, and execution refers to how they release product not the quality of the product, hence the reason for using that term ; ).

Currently, other third party companies make CrazyDevy's efforts look tacky and completely based on sucking every last dime out of the fanbase for their piece-by-piece releases as opposed to making an entire set to purchase as FansProject, etc does.

I know I'm not the only one who shares this sentiment, nor am I the only person to mention it. It's a bad business model. You want to be better than the competition, not thought of as sub-par. Just my opinion though. Nothing more.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114891)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 19th, 2010 @ 3:56am CDT
The negative opinions toward these are kind of unbelieveable. If people don't like these, there is not a law written anywhere saying people have to buy them. So, if you don't like 'em, don't buy 'em. If you like 'em, then go for it.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114954)
Posted by dragons on August 19th, 2010 @ 7:32am CDT
i find it hard to believe until i see it in hand first had mine perorderd few months ago littel expensive on some stuff but i go for it they have not let me down so far so i will continue with them
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1114970)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 19th, 2010 @ 7:59am CDT
This is the silliest marketing stunt ever.
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1115013)
Posted by Mkall on August 19th, 2010 @ 9:31am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:This is the silliest marketing stunt ever.

Yeah, but it's probably working
Re: CDMW-11 The King's GOLDEN Wings (1115188)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 19th, 2010 @ 4:50pm CDT
...but why? I'm over it.
:BOT:

Ending Soon On eBay

TAKARA TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG-EX BLACK CONVOY TOKYO TOY SHOW EXCLUSIVE G2 - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 22 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Reissue G1『SCOURGE』 MISB - Time Remaining: 7 days 16 hours 37 minutes 28 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS WORLD SMALLEST WST G1 BUMBLEBEE UNITED/HENKEI/CLASSIC - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 57 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers MIB Botcon 96 Beast Wars Onyx Primal free ship - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 45 minutes 54 seconds
Takara Transformers Rid Landfill BUILD TEAM 4Set Build King - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 2 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Movie 3 DOTM Shockwave Voyage Class New - Time Remaining: 22 days 11 hours 49 minutes 53 seconds
Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Truck Mobile Headquarters Optimus Prime 2012 - Time Remaining: 15 days 15 hours 19 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR Playskool Heroes NEW - Time Remaining: 29 days 16 hours 20 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive