Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed

Transformers News: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 8:46PM CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 18,254

The fine folks at Charticon dropped us a note to let us know they have revealed the Charticon 2013 exclusive figure. This is what they had to say.

We have exciting news! Our exclusive figure for Charticon 2013 is none other than Aftershock! Aftershock is a generations-style update of G1 Quake, complete with brand new head and will come in a custom box with accessories! This figure is limited to 50 units as they are all being hand painted and assembled. We will have a small number available for non-attendees, but they will be sold primarily to pre-registrants of the show. They will go on sale on our website soon!

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt45 ... 77b144.jpg

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!
Credit(s): Charticon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474630)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 27th, 2013 @ 9:43pm CDT
Another reason why I should go to Charticon.

My Classics/Generations shelf is desperately in need of more Decepticons, and Quake here will fit in just fine. Only 50 pieces though? Damn, that means it's going to demand a high price tag. I would need more than luck to snag one.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474634)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 27th, 2013 @ 9:59pm CDT
lame
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474638)
Posted by Owtkazt on March 27th, 2013 @ 10:28pm CDT
What a well thought out post there griftimus... well played /sigh. Great repaint imo, will be snagging this for sure, so glad they chose a Decepticon as an exclusive! Can't wait for the convention. :CON:
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474640)
Posted by Roboto750 on March 27th, 2013 @ 10:41pm CDT
This looks pretty cool. I've been waiting for Quake to be redone. Its a shame that I won't have a chance at getting one of these.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474645)
Posted by FortMacs on March 27th, 2013 @ 11:16pm CDT
Been waiting to see what the figure would be and im glad its a con. hopefully i can get one of these.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474648)
Posted by Mkall on March 27th, 2013 @ 11:29pm CDT
That is nice. I guess I'll be watching their website for non-attendee figs if there will be any at all.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474662)
Posted by Henry921 on March 28th, 2013 @ 1:03am CDT
Argh! I want this so very very much!

But only 50? Man, and I thought I'd have to pay through the nose for BotCon toys...

Gonna' have to wait for the post-show ebay auctions and hope for the best.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474664)
Posted by triKlops on March 28th, 2013 @ 1:16am CDT
Looks like a pretty interesting way to go for an exclusive.
Be nice to see some more pics when available.
I wont make it to the con but would be interested in one of these to support.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474716)
Posted by Rated X on March 28th, 2013 @ 9:38am CDT
Damn I want one. But I aint paying no 500 bucks from some scalper. I thought only Botcon was authorized to do this type of stuff ? (And that cow convention, lol)
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474740)
Posted by Mkall on March 28th, 2013 @ 10:56am CDT
Rated X wrote:I thought only Botcon was authorized to do this type of stuff ? (And that cow convention, lol)

I think low-run, hand-made custom figures are ok. After all they require purchase of a Hasbro figure.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474778)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on March 28th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CDT
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474783)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 28th, 2013 @ 2:12pm CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:So.... Is this the supposed "Hardhead" head-mold that we were supposed to be getting?

Nah, Hardhead's head is blockier.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474792)
Posted by Rated X on March 28th, 2013 @ 3:42pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

I take it this isnt a sanctioned exclusive. Somebody must have bought 50 Warpaths and painted the turrets grey and added a few new paint apps and a resin head. How long before a shapeways guy designs the same head. Or maybe a Mech Ideas kit with stickers similar to the Longblast set. I would hold off on any crazy E-bay bids. I even have an extra warpath just in case I can get one of those heads.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474802)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 28th, 2013 @ 5:07pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Mkall wrote:

Only BotCon toys are official as in sanctioned and licensed by Hasbro. Even then it was only a recent development, starting in 2002. Before then, Hasbro merely said "Ok, you can use our facilities for your toys, no strings attached because we like you guys so much." :lol:

The figures of Dairycon, Charticon and the like should be regarded as "mass-produced custom jobs": no factories involved, just many many hours of manual labor. As such Hasbro does not interfere, as long as no official trademarks are used.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474805)
Posted by Rated X on March 28th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Mkall wrote:

Arent the figures at Dairycon molded in different color plastic ? I dont imagine it's easy to find 500 G1 mini bots and hand paint them. They arent sitting on store shelves like Warpath was during Christmas season.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474890)
Posted by lovesun on March 29th, 2013 @ 4:24am CDT
How are you!I'm new!
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474894)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 29th, 2013 @ 4:45am CDT
Rated X wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Mkall wrote:

New molds cast also fall under "custom job" if you must know. Besides, Dairycons have included Mini-Bots, Spychangers, Legends, Basics/Scouts, even the odd McDonald's figure. Finding a sufficient number isn't that hard if you look hard enough, really.
BotCon 2004 did produce its own Action Master G2 Breakdown, bootlegging Action Master Sideswipe with a new head. Still no factories aside from printing. It's only because they're not sold in stores that Hasbro turns a blind eye.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1474919)
Posted by Arkvander on March 29th, 2013 @ 10:05am CDT
Hello everyone!

I am one of the co-founders of Charticon, I thought I would drop by and show off Aftershock's awesome alt-mode:

As for the limited number of figures, if you are a customizer I would definitely hold off on trying to get one, we are in the process of creating kits with the heads for anyone who wants to create one themselves. These should be cheaper than the regular figures but obviously won't come with all the bells and whistles of the finished figure.

Thanks,

Eric
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1475116)
Posted by Rated X on March 30th, 2013 @ 2:17pm CDT
Arkvander wrote:Hello everyone!

Thanks,

Eric

I see alot of what appears to be red scratches on the barrel. All that rubbing wont help the paint when you transform him to robot.
Re: Charticon 2013 Exclusive Figure Revealed (1475149)
Posted by Arkvander on March 30th, 2013 @ 4:06pm CDT
Yes, early on we recognized the potential for paint rub on the barrel, this is just a prototype but for the production run we are dyeing the barrels black to avoid any unneccessary rub.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Legends Asia Exclusive Neme Motorbreath Prime + Hoist - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 38 minutes 55 seconds
New Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-07 Bruticus  Pre-Order From Japan - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 9 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stock Robot Figure Takara Tomy . - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 40 minutes 34 seconds
Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 MP17 Prowl Nissan Fairlady Figure JP Ver. - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 55 minutes 45 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CHRONICLE EZ 02 HOT ROD RODIMUS LEGEND CLASS - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 26 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers AOE 4 Platinum Autobots United OPTIMUS PRIME HOUND CROSSHAIRS DRIFT - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 29 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Generation 2 Bruticus Combaticons Boxed Set - Time Remaining: 29 days 16 hours 31 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Generations - Skids Action Figure - Sealed - Some Wear - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 49 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive