Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough

Transformers News: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough

Monday, July 15th, 2013 1:55PM CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 9,378

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Our friends from Charticon dropped by with a few announcements from next month's show, see below:

Arkvander wrote:Ready for some more announcements?

First off, we are happy to announce that we will be joined by another IDW artist at the show, none other than Brian Shearer! Brian has been working in the comics industry for several years on books such as Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Doctor Who as well as other titles. About 10 years ago he co-created his first creator-owned book, GravyBoy, which gave him the experience of creating and publishing a book from the ground up. Brian lives in Greensboro, NC with his wife, son, and a cat who likes to be petted at the most inconvenient times.
Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

What's that? Not enough Artists for you yet? Then how about the talented John Wycough! John is an inker, Transformers fan, drummer, awesome cook, and member of Tsunami Studios. He has worked on many titles, (Star Wars, Fear Itself, Chaos War, G.I. Joe, to name a few) along with TRANSFORMERS!! (Last Stand of the Wreckers, TF:Robots in Disguise, TF: More Than Meets the Eye, TF: Infestation2, All Hail Megatron, Movie tie ins) Woot!-Woot! He tends to subconsciously live by the motto of the Wreckers, as he tends to Wreck-n-Rule when no one is looking.
Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Brian and John will hosting our "Learn to Draw Transformers" Panel on Friday Night!

But, wait, what? You still need more announcements? Then we are happy to announce to you our final door prize, PPO5W Weapons Specialist and PPO5M Medical Specialist! That's right, both will be given away as a set!
Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Oh and one more thing that I almost forgot to mention. For anyone who missed out on Aftershock, there will be one in our Charity Auction on Saturday night :D The Charity Auction is only open to preregistrants, so make sure you do it soon as preregistration closes this Monday night at midnight. Also if you are planning on booking a hotel room, our special rate also ends Monday at midnight.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Charticon: Pre-Registration
Credit(s): Charticon
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1503526)
Posted by Arkvander on July 15th, 2013 @ 9:35pm CDT
Today is the last day to preregister, if you want in on all the extra goodies make sure you sign up now!

Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1506543)
Posted by Arkvander on July 25th, 2013 @ 4:26pm CDT
Are you ready?

Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1506545)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 25th, 2013 @ 4:32pm CDT
"Year One"

Does this mean we'll get another Charticon next year? Because I would really like that, since I can't make it this year.
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1507206)
Posted by Arkvander on July 28th, 2013 @ 8:44am CDT

Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1507389)
Posted by ScottyP on July 28th, 2013 @ 10:55pm CDT
Arkvander wrote:Mastershooter Collectibles stopped by to let us know that they will be offering an exclusive 2-pack of Mastershooters at the show: "High-Que" and "Revaway"! This set will be limited to just 35 sets and will be available starting Saturday morning at MSC's booth!

Looks like I know where I'm stopping on Saturday after picking up Landsharks!
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1507483)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 29th, 2013 @ 9:11am CDT
Could someone pick me up a pair of these? Drop me a PM!? Very interested.
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1507602)
Posted by Arkvander on July 29th, 2013 @ 4:04pm CDT
We've got one more exclusive for all you Charticon Faithful!

What, you didn't think we would cover two of the Decepticon Double Targetmasters and leave out the third did you? Our last exclusive for the show is an upgrade head for the Botcon Spinister figure released in 2012, giving him a more IDW look from his recent appearance in MTMTE!

This head will only be available at the show and is limited to 50 pieces! While you are there, stop by the Captured Prey booth to pick up the awesome Nit-Picker and Firebrand by Mastershooter Collectibles to complete your figure!

A big thanks to Wheeljack's Custom Body Shop http://www.facebook.com/MrWheeljack for the design and painting and Megatron31 for the casting of this great head!

Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1507603)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 29th, 2013 @ 4:06pm CDT
That's actually a really nice looking head. Hate that I have neither the BotCon figure nor the funds and time to go to Charticon. :(
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1507614)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 29th, 2013 @ 4:35pm CDT
Sheesh, I would like to get one of these, too. Have the Botcon exclusive.

So wow. I can't get one request out without another exclusive showing up. Anyone going but not getting the exclusives? Drop me a line. :shock:
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1507683)
Posted by redoutlander on July 29th, 2013 @ 9:06pm CDT
Getting close to Charticon and I'm Excited. I'm sad that work obligations will keep me from the Friday night events but I'm looking forward to all the Saturday and Sunday Events. I assume the Saturday Night Siebertron.com metup is at the Hotel bar?
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1508625)
Posted by Arkvander on August 2nd, 2013 @ 1:22pm CDT
Not enough exclusives for you? Mastershooter Collectibles is bringing a second set of figures for your purchasing enjoyment!

Shattered Glass fans rejoice!

Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1508627)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 2nd, 2013 @ 1:23pm CDT
I feel that there are more exclusives here than there are at BotCon.
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1508632)
Posted by Arkvander on August 2nd, 2013 @ 1:27pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I feel that there are more exclusives here than there are at BotCon.

We certainly didn't plan it that way, we wanted to try and keep things simple but I'll never turn away some exclusive figs :DANCE:
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1509389)
Posted by The_Crowe on August 5th, 2013 @ 8:28am CDT
Hey Guys! Crowemag Toys will be set up at Charticon. I am located in the corner near the exit door, so make sure you see me first and not last! I have 2 locations in Raleigh, one at the NC State Fairgrounds Flea Market in the Education bldg, and at 3801 Hillsborough St inside the Royal Bakery bldg (inside the bldg, no outside signage, park in back, go thru back doors, towards the front left.) check out the Crowemag Toys facebook page! :BOT:
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1509402)
Posted by ScottyP on August 5th, 2013 @ 8:52am CDT
So this is in a few days.

Sweeeet. See everyone Friday afternoon!
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1509419)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 5th, 2013 @ 9:38am CDT
If anyone can help out a Shattered Glass collector, drop me a line. Really wanting the MasterShooters exclusives for the con.
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1509526)
Posted by El Duque on August 5th, 2013 @ 3:37pm CDT
Our friend Ken Christiansen dropped by to let us know he will be attending this weekend's Charticon in Charlotte, NC. Ken will be participating in the IDW artist panel on Saturday afternoon and selling prints, sketchbooks, and commission pieces through the weekend. He's also donating a Transformers Prime : Beast Hunters #1 sketch cover to the Charticon Charity Auction. Be sure to stop by Ken's table and say hello!

[quote]

Charticon is this weekend! I'll be there Friday through Sunday. There's a meet and greet patio party Friday night, and I'll be on the con floor the whole weekend, but I'll step away, for just a bit on Friday afternoon, to join the IDW artists panel.

As usual, I'll have prints, sketchbooks, originals, and will be available for commissions during the show. Here's a more comprehensive overview of what I'll have with me:

Convention Stuff

Also, I'll be participating in the Charticon Charity Auction, supporting A Child's Place. I'm donating a Transformers Prime : Beast Hunters #1 sketch cover:

Also, I saw there's a couple of Rage of the Dinobots series in the auction, winners are welcome to stop by and get them signed as well. I'm hoping it's a massively successful event!

Hope to see you there!

Oh, and one more thing. Charticon, NC + Discovery Shark Week = Sharkticon Week, on the Bad Flip Blog. Every week day I'll post a sketch of a shark themed bot...you know, for fun.

We start with Hammer Strike.[/quote]
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1509529)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 5th, 2013 @ 3:39pm CDT
Wow, that cover is amazing!
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1509537)
Posted by BadFlipKC on August 5th, 2013 @ 4:24pm CDT
Hey, I screwed up - the panel is Saturday afternoon - hope to see some of you guys there!
Re: Charticon 2013 Special Guests Brian Shearer and John Wycough (1509538)
Posted by BadFlipKC on August 5th, 2013 @ 4:24pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Wow, that cover is amazing!

Thanks!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Go Bots Buggyman Blue SEALED MISP Buggy man Gobots mib - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 5 minutes 57 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Movie EX Deluxe  SIDESWIPE Limited Edition  MISB NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 21 minutes 18 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Go! "Beast Hunters" Samurai Team Ganoh G03 misb inferno - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 7 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers G2 Snarl (Red Variant) MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 38 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers RID - Ruination 2001 - Comes w/ Card Files - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 26 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars TIGERHAWK 100% Complete Transmetals Fast Shipping - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 11 minutes 53 seconds
Hasbro ~ Transformers Combiner Wars ~ Decepticon ~ Armada Megatron ~ Sealed - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 15 minutes 11 seconds
2014 SDCC ~ Transformers Kreon ~ Cybertron Class of 1984 ~ Kreo ~ New w/Bonus! - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 15 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory