Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition

Transformers News: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition

Wednesday, July 22nd, 2009 1:40PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Event News, Press Releases, Company News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 56,165

DETROIT - Fans of the new Camaro and the blockbuster TRANSFORMERS movies can now combine their love of the car and the films with the Chevrolet Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition announced today at Comic-Con in San Diego.

Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition

"When the first TRANSFORMERS movie was setting box office records, we had countless customers asking to purchase the 'BUMBLEBEE' Camaro," said Karen Rafferty, product marketing director, Chevrolet. "Now, they can buy one with the new Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition. Streets all over North America will be buzzing in no time."

Features such as an EPA-rated 29 highway mpg on the V6-powered Camaro, Bluetooth phone connectivity, USB connectivity, XM Satellite Radio and OnStar combined with TRANSFORMERS design cues add to the car’s status as a 21st century sports car.

“Hasbro is thrilled to team up with Chevrolet and excited to see the Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition come to market for our fans to enjoy,” said Samantha Lomow, Global Brand Leader for TRANSFORMERS at Hasbro. “The yellow Camaro with the black stripes has become so iconic and closely associated with the BUMBLEBEE character that this edition was a natural fit for both companies.”

While the aggressive styling of the Camaro is unmistakable, true TRANSFORMERS fans will notice some of the unique, but subtle features of the Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition.

The 2010 Chevrolet Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition includes the following:

* AUTOBOT® shield on the driver and passenger side panels
* AUTOBOT® shield on each of the four wheel's center cap
* AUTOBOT® shield embroidered on interior center console
* "TRANSFORMERS" logo on driver and passenger doors' sill plates
* "TRANSFORMERS" logo embedded into the hood rally stripes
* High-gloss black center rally stripe package
* Manufacturer’s suggested retail price of package: $995

Dealers are now taking orders for this car. Customers can order the TRANSFORMERS Special Edition as either a Rally Yellow LT or SS model. The optional RS appearance package can also be added.

The V6-powered Camaro uses a 3.6L engine with variable valve timing to optimize performance and fuel economy. It is SAE-certified at 304 horsepower (227 kW) and 273 lb.-ft. of torque (370 Nm). A six-speed manual transmission is standard with the 3.6L engine; a Hydra-Matic 6L50 electronically controlled six-speed automatic, with TAPshift control, is available.

The high-performance Camaro SS is equipped with a powerful 6.2L V-8, with a choice of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. Manual transmission-equipped models receive the LS3 engine, SAE-certified at 426 horsepower (318 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. of torque (569 Nm). It is paired with a TR6060 six-speed transmission.

A new, L99 V-8 engine is used on automatic transmission-equipped SS models. It is based on the LS3, but also includes GM’s fuel-saving Active Fuel Management feature. It is SAE-certified at 400 horsepower (298 kW) and 410 lb.-ft. of torque (556 Nm). It is matched with a Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed transmission that helps delivers an EPA-estimated 25 mpg on the highway.

About Chevrolet
Chevrolet is one of America's best-known and best-selling automotive brands, and one of the fastest growing brands in the world. With fuel solutions that go from "gas-friendly to gas-free," Chevy has nine models that get 30 miles per gallon or more on the highway, and offers three hybrid models. More than 2.5 million Chevrolets that run on E85 biofuel have been sold. Next year, Chevrolet will offer the Chevy Volt, an extended range electric vehicle that will travel up to 40 miles without using any gas at all. Chevy delivers expressive design, spirited performance and provides the best value in every segment in which it competes. More information on Chevrolet can be found at http://www.chevrolet.com.

About HASBRO
Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2009 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you're looking to order a new Camaro, please feel free to contact Ryan Yzquierdo's (the owner of Seibertron.com) father using the information below:

Kevin Yzquierdo

Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition

Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition

Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition
Credit(s): Kevin Yzquierdo, GM

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959696)
Posted by SilenceDoGood on July 22nd, 2009 @ 1:51pm CDT
That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen........

My only concern would be owning it and worrying about it being vandalized by people and having the autobot emblems stolen.
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959699)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 22nd, 2009 @ 1:55pm CDT
How much?
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959707)
Posted by Ronynus Prime on July 22nd, 2009 @ 2:12pm CDT
I can't drive through Jersey with that. Still AMAZINGLY AWESOME though.

:APPLAUSE:
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959709)
Posted by Evolution Prime on July 22nd, 2009 @ 2:16pm CDT
You could probably bet those Autobot emblems would be stolen and your paint scratched to hell. I've had it happen to me when I put some different emblems on my Mustang.
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959712)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on July 22nd, 2009 @ 2:24pm CDT
Perfect.
I'll just get several hundred thousands of dollars.
Then I'll paint it red, and get a license plate saying "CLFJMPR".
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959718)
Posted by First-Aid on July 22nd, 2009 @ 2:35pm CDT
Oh...my...god....

That is the COOLEST thing I've ever seen. I wonder if it's a coincidence that I'm car shopping... B-)
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959725)
Posted by 80sgeek on July 22nd, 2009 @ 2:44pm CDT
Hmmmm... I wonder if I can use my corporate discount for this. :-?
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959732)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on July 22nd, 2009 @ 2:54pm CDT
That is very cool. From toys based on cars to cars based on toys. The cycle is now complete.
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959754)
Posted by Phenotype on July 22nd, 2009 @ 3:17pm CDT
The shade of yellow is completely wrong! :???:
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959763)
Posted by soundwave13c on July 22nd, 2009 @ 3:27pm CDT
ok now i believe that that our beloved obsession is now main stream.

I drive a blue 1977 camaro with a 302 engine and I think I need an upgraid :grin:
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959772)
Posted by bronzgunz on July 22nd, 2009 @ 3:39pm CDT
Huh. Show me a Sideswipe concept Corvette with all the Autobot trimmings, then I'll get excited. :grin:
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959793)
Posted by QBKiller94 on July 22nd, 2009 @ 4:05pm CDT
Awesome! I'd kill to have one. I'm not in love with the TRANSFORMERS logo on the hood and I wish their was an AUTOBOT symbol in the center of the steering wheel. That said, it's still awesome! wow.
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959844)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on July 22nd, 2009 @ 5:31pm CDT
Take that Harry Potter and Twilight fans, what do you get from being a fan? Tell me what do you get? What do you get? NOTHING.

We, TF fans get a freaking car based on a character of the silver screen. Not even Batman fans can buy a fully licensed Batmobile.
I say we're very lucky.
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959853)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on July 22nd, 2009 @ 5:43pm CDT
Phenotype wrote:The shade of yellow is completely wrong! :???:

As are the front and rear bumpers, hood and rims. I have to say i'm really disapointed. I heard a few months ago that they were going to release the Transformers edtion Camaro and was hopeing to get a replica of the movie car. Not a standard Camaro with a bunch of emblems and stickers that i can get off ebay. DOn't get me wrong, i'm happy we got a car based on a character in the TF universe, but i think they dropped the ball a little. This could have been so much more.
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959855)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 22nd, 2009 @ 5:43pm CDT
Now if only it could actually transform...
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (959997)
Posted by BluavalancheZ71 on July 22nd, 2009 @ 10:37pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:How much?

Hey primal figure in the realm of 40K. Thats whast most of them at the dealership I work at for are going for. All depends on trim model. And those of you who are considering one get the SS.

Ok all you small minded people saying that the yellow is off and the bumpers are off. Bumblebee is a Z28 Camaro not an SS. The pics clearly shows this. If you look up the upcoming Z28 model which will come out next year that should have the correct bumpers. And the color is easily duplicated with a tinted clear coat.

Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:Perfect.
I'll just get several hundred thousands of dollars.
Then I'll paint it red, and get a license plate saying "CLFJMPR".

Skip the paint job as it does come in red, and put the TF stuff on it. Id be tempted to do the logos to a dark grey one myself.
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (960026)
Posted by stangatron on July 22nd, 2009 @ 11:44pm CDT
so does this mean Ford will be coming out with a barricade special edition. i would love to have some decepticon logos
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (960044)
Posted by Jesterhead on July 23rd, 2009 @ 12:18am CDT
Blah! Would have been all win for me if it wasn't for the gross "Tansformers" on the hood. I guess I'll have to settle with driving around in my old man's alternator Tracks 'vette 8)
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (960093)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on July 23rd, 2009 @ 4:23am CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Phenotype wrote:The shade of yellow is completely wrong! :???:

Bluavalanche Z71 roughly touched up on this.....Hi BTW,

The marketed LS and SS is more to character with the first movie Camaro concept which was...well a concept at that time. The SS model pictured here is roughly close to what is featured in ROTF, the only thing is the bumper which I believe isn't available on any models be it the SS or the 2 SS (Opening price on the Chevy website is $34,225) Though I haven't heard anything on the Z28, I know this current Camero is pretty much a snap shot of the previously featured Camaro concept......so for you die hards out there rest contently in knowing that you'll have a pretty good replica of the first movie Bumblebee and a great car to boot.

Oh and the horsepower is not bad either. The opening model the LS (Starting at $23,040) is already packing 304 ponies. And it has a tap shift option which from what I've read can switch to automatic for those of you who don't like to roll the gears.....or people like me who commute on freeways from hell and hills so shifting becomes a little taxing verses tap shifting (Which is lots of fun :D ) And all models, for those of your worried about the decals and vandalism, come with a stripe paint option for certain color schemes. I liked the Black and orange stripe scheme myself topped off with a nice spoiler and the black rims (I'm not a rim guy). Then you can add decals to your leisure.

Beyond that, this is awesome. I mean it's a movie replica car!!!!!! And you can race it! I really don't care personally if it has the wrong bumper.....ITS A CAMARO.......MODELED AFTER BUMBLEBEE!!!!!! And it's pretty cheap concerning it's a muscle car! Cheaper then finding and restoring the older Camaro which gets less gas.....so stop your whining. Gah!

Alright I'm done,
Laters,
Josh
Re: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition (960124)
Posted by Elita One on July 23rd, 2009 @ 6:19am CDT
I want one! =P~ If I won the lottery this would be on the to buy list.

Ending Soon On eBay

2007 Hasbro Transformers Movie Leader Class Deep Desert Brawl Action Figure - Time Remaining: 11 days 5 hours 32 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager - Brainstorm Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 40 minutes 54 seconds
Takara Transformers Cybertron Commander: Optimus Prime Convoy TV version - Time Remaining: 4 days 29 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers G1 reissue BOX + BUBBLE INSERT STARSCREAM anime 09 takara empty - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 23 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Ultra Class Wing Saber - 2005 Hasbro Rare & Brand New! - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 16 minutes 1 second
TAKARA TOMY Transformers Legends series LG15 Night Bird shadow Free Ship  JAPAN - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 3 minutes 42 seconds
1984 Hasbro Transformers Sunstreaker Autobot Car (Clean Shape! / No Weapons) - Time Remaining: 11 days 17 hours 10 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Movie Leader Class Deep Desert Brawl MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 57 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive