CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image

Transformers News: CHMS Xtransbots  Galvatron Prototype Image

Sunday, October 30th, 2011 11:46AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,225

We have some new information regarding the Xtransbots Galvatron hinted at on Glider's packaging. KOToys is reporting that this figure will be a retooled and upsized version of the JazaiToys Galvatron design. The really interesting thing is the size, apparently they are hoping to release this figure in Masterpiece scale. However, the size has not been finalized and voyager size is still on the table. A headless prototype of the figure has also been revealed, check it out below.

Credit(s): Scaleface, cannonfodder4000, KOToys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306733)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 30th, 2011 @ 11:57am CDT
Never thought I would see a MP happy meal toy.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306735)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 30th, 2011 @ 12:00pm CDT
Looks like it transforms like that Jaizitoys mockup. I wonder if the KOed it from something we've never seen or if it's a new mold based off that mockup.

As an MP I'm only mildly excited, but I'd definately love it as a voyager-sized figure for the classics line.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306736)
Posted by Skywarp64 on October 30th, 2011 @ 12:04pm CDT
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306746)
Posted by Rated X on October 30th, 2011 @ 12:47pm CDT
Hope they go with voyager.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306748)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 30th, 2011 @ 1:00pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Hope they go with voyager.

Gundam-it please be voyager glass!!! :BANG_HEAD: :VEHI:
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306749)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 30th, 2011 @ 1:01pm CDT
Skywarp64 wrote:Am I the only person on this forum who prefers his Transformers smaller? Seriously, I'll be overwhelmed with joy if this is made in Deluxe scale.

I don't mind deluxe size. It'd go well with Scourge and Cyclonus. But that makes him smaller than Voyager Prime, Voyager Megatron, Protector, or even Titanium Rodimus. He should be the same size as the other leaders.

Although I have like dhow Classics Galvy looks with Scourge and Cyclonus due to their shared size.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306770)
Posted by eyl on October 30th, 2011 @ 2:07pm CDT
I think it will be transformable. Look at the pins on the shoulder, it will enable similar transformation that jizaitoys models. Also, proportion very close to the jizaitoys model.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306771)
Posted by Mykltron on October 30th, 2011 @ 2:20pm CDT
Upscaling that to leader would look ridiculous. It would need a retool and more details. Oh, and the canon is too bulbous.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306785)
Posted by Kibble on October 30th, 2011 @ 2:45pm CDT
I dunno...it looks a little too comic bookie or like it would come out of the Animated line.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306795)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 30th, 2011 @ 3:06pm CDT
I'm glad it's still in the development stages.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306796)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 30th, 2011 @ 3:13pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

I'd like my Galvatron to be voyager class, especially considering how tall a deluxe Cyclonus is.

Obviously this project is at a very early stage so I'm not going to put anything in stone but as it stands I'm not all that bothered by it. I'd be happy to see something I don't feel the compulsion to immediately order.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306814)
Posted by Mkall on October 30th, 2011 @ 4:04pm CDT
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306818)
Posted by Kibble on October 30th, 2011 @ 4:13pm CDT
If it doesn't transform, it's laughable that they're trying to figure out whether to make it MP or voyager sized...who'd give a shite either way? If that were the case they had better make it revoltech size because that's about the only place it would have a use.

It doesn't really look like it has very good alt mode possibilities if it does transform, though.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306859)
Posted by GetRightRobot on October 30th, 2011 @ 5:37pm CDT
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306880)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on October 30th, 2011 @ 7:01pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:Man, it's close. Close to being right and/or finalized. I will pass unless more revised versions surface. Neither of the 2 working models shared in this discussion are home runs for me. I want that PERFECT Galvatron. Like the first time I saw MP Optimus or Grimlock. Just spot on. Galvatron is popular enough that he will eventually get the makeover treatment from Has/Tak/Tomy and the 3rd party industry. Probably multiple times over. I can wait.

this^ i dont like it. i want that perfect or some what good galvatron. someone will make it, and that some one is NOT these guys.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306881)
Posted by Mightymegs on October 30th, 2011 @ 7:05pm CDT
That thing is hideous. Just hideous.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306919)
Posted by dinogeist on October 30th, 2011 @ 9:59pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

IMHO,Classics Cyclonus & Generations Scourge should have been voyager sized of bigger.

I'm not a fan of the "polly pocket" timy sized TF toys like legends,minicons,basics nor deluxes.

I Only buy & prefer my TF toys to be bigger scale like voyagers,ultra's,super's & leader size levels.

If I had my way all the basics & deluxes would exist for the sole purpose of being combiners. they'd all form limbs or torso's.

Mkall wrote:I'm not seeing any hint that this time will transform. Most likely I'm going to pass.

FWIW,The 1986 Galvatron toy didn't really transform either. all the 1986 Galvatron toy transformation into laser canon mode consisted of was 3 beyond easy steps: (1) Put the translucent canon inserted into the top head. (2) place the robot mode on it's stomach & de-extend the legs. (3) push the forearms inside the frot tank threads & flip down the tank threads.

I'm no rocket scientist but I think it's possible to mimick that 1986 galvatron toy transformation in this galvatron proto type pics in this thread.

I'd love for this 3rd party galvatron toy to transform & be voyager or bigger sized. leader sized would be super cool.
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306933)
Posted by El Duque on October 30th, 2011 @ 10:52pm CDT
Found this custom over on TFW05's custom section. Also based on the Jazaitoys design and in MP scale. Looks pretty cool, I wouldn't mind having a Voyager version of this.

Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1306951)
Posted by Mkall on October 30th, 2011 @ 11:59pm CDT
Tidalwavex wrote:

And that's one of the main reasons I don't have the original either :P

I'm going to use my Superlink Galvatron G until a better one comes along. I've been waiting now for 4 years and it's looking like I'm going to be waiting some time more...
Re: CHMS Xtransbots Galvatron Prototype Image (1307211)
Posted by craggy on October 31st, 2011 @ 8:46pm CDT
Tidalwavex wrote:

I'd hardly call deluxe class (and even basics nowadays) "Polly Pocket" sized. I prefer most of my TFs smaller. As I find them easier to display or store and I get more characters made, and of those characters I can afford more. Not to say that I wouldn't like to see more Voyager sized TFs, even maybe some Classics styled Leader+ sizes, and in this particular case, a Voyager might be best for Galvatron, to make him more imposing compared to his troops, and more on equal footing with his opposite numbers in the Autobots.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Movie 3 DOTM Roadbuster Deluxe Class New in Box - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 58 minutes 31 seconds
Used Transformers United UN10 Straxus PAINTED - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 45 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers G2 STAXX POWERMASTERS Decepticons Figure 1994 RARE Vintage European - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 46 minutes 17 seconds
Vintage 1980s G1 Decepticon Cyclonus Nightstick Black-Beam Gun Part Transformers - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 1 minute 18 seconds
Transformers G2 MEANSTREAK POWERMASTERS Decepticon 1994 Hasbo Europaen VTG RARE - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 20 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers G1 Reissue 2003 RATCHET figure + head encore 06 takara tomy - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 26 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers TFCON excluive headmasters Fortress Maximus STRONGHOLD headrobots g - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 15 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers  Commemorative Reissue G1 GRAPPLE 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 11 days 5 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive