Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee

Transformers News: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee

Saturday, May 7th, 2011 9:59PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 34,529

For those following what Takara has to offer in their version of the Dark Of The Moon toy line, then you'd know about the Chronicle packs. The two-packs will have a Movie figure, with their Generation One figure counterpart. The first set, Chronicle-01 features G1 Optimus Prime, with his Movie MechTech Deluxe counterpart. Chronicle-02 has Mechtech Voyager Megatron, and the original G1 Megatron.

Now Bumblebee fans rejoice! Transformers fans, veterans and rookies alike, will have a chance to own the Generation One Bumblebee figure, if not owned prior. Our insiders overseas say that Chronicle-03 will feature the Generation One yellow beetle, and to whom his movie-counterpart is was not identified. However, expect Movie-Bee to be in the Cyberverse or Deluxe class size.

Not what we're getting - for illustrative purposes!

Keep your optics locked at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Anonymous

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218650)
Posted by Seibertron on May 7th, 2011 @ 10:13pm CDT
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218653)
Posted by robofreak on May 7th, 2011 @ 10:15pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'm looking forward to these sets even though I own upteen different versions of G1 Megatron, Optimus, and Bumblebee. Hopefully the packaging is really awesome for sets of this nature. Here's hoping for Shockwave and Soundwave sets!

I'm looking forward to the Megatron set due to the fact that I still don't have a G1 Megatron in my collection.

Bumblebee will probably be the DOTM deluxe.
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218670)
Posted by joevill on May 7th, 2011 @ 10:55pm CDT
These are actually pretty cool! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218691)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2011 @ 12:14am CDT
Now only one question remains about the G1 toy: Which G1 Bumblebee? ;)

Original?

Keychain?

New head?

Encore?
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218693)
Posted by Gripen1974 on May 8th, 2011 @ 12:33am CDT
Who says it isn't pretender bumblebee without a pretender shell.
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218697)
Posted by Barrelass on May 8th, 2011 @ 12:46am CDT

What, no love for Topspin?
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218702)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 8th, 2011 @ 1:16am CDT
Hey hasbro this is why so many people like takara better than you, they do cool stuff like this instead of repainting the same mold 40 times. I really need to get a real G1 megatron, my KOs are good quality but they're not "real".
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218704)
Posted by RhA on May 8th, 2011 @ 1:28am CDT
Want it!
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218726)
Posted by craggy on May 8th, 2011 @ 5:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Now only one question remains about the G1 toy: Which G1 Bumblebee? ;)

Original?

Keychain?

New head?

Encore?

well, aside from the heads, exact colouring and faction logo placement, and the Keychain version's obvious addition of, well, a keychain, they're all the same. Since the picture there has a blue Megs with a sword, I wouldn't be surprised to see the original head, but I do like the newer cartoon-accurate one more I think. Leave Goldbug with the cool facemask, have Bee with his cheery grin.
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218727)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 8th, 2011 @ 5:14am CDT
Gripen1974 wrote:Who says it isn't pretender bumblebee without a pretender shell.

We do. The Mini-Bot molds are readily available compared to the Pretenders, plus the Pretender versions aren't iconic enough, given their limited release there.

I'm really hoping the G1 Bumblebee has his original head, saves me the trouble of selling off another 'Bee should I get both Mini-Bot reissue sets. As for the Movie: Deluxe, definitely Deluxe.
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218875)
Posted by freaky777 on May 8th, 2011 @ 12:47pm CDT
Pre-ordered the 1st 2 Sets, hmm am gonna skip BB though, don't think I would like his DOTM counterpart with this set.
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1218994)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 8th, 2011 @ 6:56pm CDT
It's about time that someone thought of this!

I display all my classics with their G1 counterparts.
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1219004)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 8th, 2011 @ 7:11pm CDT
Here's hoping for Chronicle-04 being Screamer.
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1219032)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on May 8th, 2011 @ 8:25pm CDT
robofreak wrote:

Bumblebee will probably be the DOTM deluxe.

With Soundwave also being part of the various reissue lines just like Prime, Megatron anb Bumblebee, I'd say it's a safe bet that he'll be part of this line.

I really hoping that we do indeed get a Shockwave set, that would be awesome! :CON:
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1220618)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on May 11th, 2011 @ 10:24pm CDT
if hasbro does something like this, i hope they pair the DOTM figures with thier classics counterparts since hasbro dosnt handle g1 reissues as well as takara can. those may even make for nicer store exclusive items
Re: Chronicle-03 Set To Feature Generation One Bumblebee (1222957)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on May 16th, 2011 @ 7:53am CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:Here's hoping for Chronicle-04 being Screamer.

I think that's where the smart money is. Still hope they do a Shockwave one though..... :CON:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014