Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market?

Transformers News: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market?

Monday, June 17th, 2013 4:59PM CDT

Categories: Rumors, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 54,493

An auction has surfaced on eBayfrom seller lena81822 that claims to be a 2013 reissue of the Classics Voyager Jetfire mold from Takara Tomy. The figure pictured in the auction does differ slightly from the Henkei version, and sports Decepticon symbols on his wings, but an Autobot symbol on his chest. This seller has proven quite reliable in the past, and many of the original Classics molds have been cranked out for the Asian market over the past year or so. Time will tell if this is legit or not.

Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market?

Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market?

Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market?

Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market?

Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market?

Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market?

Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market?
Credit(s): lena81822

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496090)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 17th, 2013 @ 5:14pm CDT
Helmet on combined gun makes Doubleheader-Targetmaster => Shattered-Glass-Slugslinger!

That's how the math works out in my head anyway. It'd be more interesting than dubious-allegiance Skyfire, considering we already have Dark Skyfire from this mold. I guess any variation is popular enough that the secondary market could be running dry (I got mine, so I haven't been looking), but with so many legit color variants and KOs (I've already got enough to represent the Autobot Superjet squadron from 'Slaves of the Insecticons'; I think they were the unfinished jets at the Blackrock Aerospace Plant that Optimus brought to life with the Creation Matrix once his head was back on) that it might be high time for designers to take another crack at him, in the form of a purely show-accurate Skyfire.
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496096)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on June 17th, 2013 @ 5:55pm CDT
lol, you beat me to it. I purchased his first one early this morning and posted on FaceBook, I was just about to post it here. I'll post more pictures when he arrives.
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496098)
Posted by El Duque on June 17th, 2013 @ 5:58pm CDT
Please do.
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496099)
Posted by amd098 on June 17th, 2013 @ 6:01pm CDT
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496101)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on June 17th, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
The seller now has listed a Cancelled Voyager Megatron.
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496103)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on June 17th, 2013 @ 6:16pm CDT
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496126)
Posted by El Duque on June 17th, 2013 @ 7:40pm CDT
amd098 wrote:Bot symbol on the chest, but con symbols on the wings? O.o That's a bit odd. Could it be a KO?

Could be a reference to his questionable allegiance in G1.
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496160)
Posted by triKlops on June 17th, 2013 @ 9:43pm CDT
Really interesting to see this; a reissue would complete a gap in my collecting until I one day can get my hands on a G1 Jetfire.
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496177)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 17th, 2013 @ 10:22pm CDT
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496182)
Posted by Heckfire on June 17th, 2013 @ 10:32pm CDT
...wait, you can mount Classic's Jetfire's gun on the back of his jet mode?!

=<.<=

=>.>=

*hides back under his rock...where he's been since 2006, apparently...*
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496204)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 18th, 2013 @ 12:25am CDT
Oh, those Decepticon badges will not do, not at all. [-(

I would like to own this, but knowing how expensive it'll be, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass. Universe Treadbolt will do just fine for me.
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496206)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on June 18th, 2013 @ 12:29am CDT
Goes well with his back story.
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496207)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 18th, 2013 @ 12:32am CDT
Heckfire wrote:...wait, you can mount Classic's Jetfire's gun on the back of his jet mode?!

=<.<=

=>.>=

*hides back under his rock...where he's been since 2006, apparently...*

Don't feel so bad; I'm just now figuring this out too. I'll try it out with my Treadbolt shortly.
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496212)
Posted by Kamex on June 18th, 2013 @ 12:57am CDT

=<.<=

=>.>=

*hides back under his rock...where he's been since 2006, apparently...*

Just tried on both henkei and classics, doesn't seem to work...
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496222)
Posted by Flashwave on June 18th, 2013 @ 1:46am CDT
Kamex wrote:

=<.<=

=>.>=

*hides back under his rock...where he's been since 2006, apparently...*

Just tried on both henkei and classics, doesn't seem to work...

From someone else who just discovered this, Universe Treadbolt and the others maybe have two tiny pinpricks behind the cockpit on his backplate hinge. it looks like the gun sights on the back end fit somehow either between or around those, altnhough it wouldn't surprise me at all if 90% of it is just the gun sitting on the cockpit...

Speaking of, I like the look painting part of that canopy achieved. If I didn't already have my Classics Jetfire and an attachment to the IDW sereies he sorta debuted the look in, I'd be going after this... an dremoving those dorky con symbols.

Igf his helmet is interated into his gun now, does that mean he has a problem with shooting his mouth off? :lol:
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496370)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 18th, 2013 @ 7:20pm CDT
Genuine figure or not, it looks nice. I get the dual faction symbols, but sporting them at the same time is slightly schizophrenic. If it is a re-release, I'll probably skip it. I spent enough time and money trying to get hold of the Henkei version.
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496513)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 19th, 2013 @ 11:43am CDT
I kinda want this... How much are you guys bidding so I can try to beat it =X
Re: Classics Jetfire Mold to be Reissued for Asian Market? (1496529)
Posted by Mkall on June 19th, 2013 @ 12:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Always wanted Henkei! Henkei! Skyfire, but missed out on the chance to get him. Hope it's true about his being reissued, but not liking those :CON: symbols with the :BOT: symbol.

Nothing a couple Reprolabels couldn't fix
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson