Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date

Transformers News: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 8:31AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,158

TransformersAsia.com has released promo images and the official release date for the recently revealed Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive. The figure will come in premium packaging and feature a new deco including chrome. He's scheduled for a China only September 28th release date.

Re: Takara Transformers Aisa Exclusive Henkei Ultra Magnus

Re: Takara Transformers Aisa Exclusive Henkei Ultra Magnus
Credit(s): TransformresAsia.com
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414464)
Posted by RhA on August 29th, 2012 @ 8:34am CDT
...and it's officially official.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414479)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on August 29th, 2012 @ 9:34am CDT
It just looks a little plain, not that I'm saying I don't like it; theres something missing that I just can't quite put my finger on.

Maybe I'm too used to the blue on my Classics one?
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414480)
Posted by joevill on August 29th, 2012 @ 9:34am CDT
So pretty with that chrome... :BOWDOWN:
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414492)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on August 29th, 2012 @ 10:24am CDT
Yeah I would buy this, hopefully Kapow will pick it up.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414494)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on August 29th, 2012 @ 10:30am CDT
WHOOOOOOOOO! Finally some more Magnus love! I love that pic of him busting out of the armor. Hope everyone that doesn't have a Classics Magnus has a chance to get this guy.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414498)
Posted by robotmel on August 29th, 2012 @ 10:38am CDT
:lol:
I love the way they have Magnus' armour flying off like hes busting out!!
It reminds me of an old Dreamwave incentive cover which I think perhaps Pat Lee pencilled [TBC by Matt Moylan!]?

Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414501)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 29th, 2012 @ 10:41am CDT
Hmm.... Only just noticing how very white he is. Heaven's Warrior Magnus?

That armour breaking off of him looks bland enough that I hope they're not bothering to produce it.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414505)
Posted by Overcracker on August 29th, 2012 @ 10:49am CDT
Well it's officially ... A big fat hoax.

For those still believing this is official, let me say, 1 the pic picture is amateurish at best.

Takara would never use a 3rd party item to promote its toys.

Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414508)
Posted by RAcast on August 29th, 2012 @ 10:58am CDT
Overcracker wrote:Well it's officially ... A big fat hoax.

Takara would never use a 3rd party item to promote its toys.

1) Why wouldn't they? They KNOW it'll sell, and they have every reason to produce it. What's Fansproject going to do? Sue them? Somehow, I think not.
2) Okay? So they can start. Nobody used the term "Generations" before 2008/2009. Everyone already calls it the "Classics ____" mold, so why not use a term that's engraved into the fandom?
3) There's...really no cloudiness anymore. I mean, it was under debate at first, but there's no reason to doubt the authenticity at this point.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414512)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on August 29th, 2012 @ 11:02am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Takara would never use a 3rd party item to promote its toys.

What 3rd party item are they using?
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414517)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2012 @ 11:05am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Takara would never use a 3rd party item to promote its toys.

What 3rd party item are they using?
Yeah, those armor pieces are from the 1986 G1 Ultra Magnus trailer.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414518)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 29th, 2012 @ 11:05am CDT
Overcracker wrote:Takara would never use a 3rd party item to promote its toys.

Those armor pieces actually look like the G1 toy, not the FP City Commander

Overcracker wrote:Takara has never used the term Classics. Heck not even Hasbro used it. It's a fan term.

And Fan terms can be made official. Like "kibble" and "faux-part" are now used by Hasbro's design team. Besides, we may import a lot of Japanese figures, but the opposite has also happened: Japanese importing Hasbro figures, and using our terminology as well. Don't underestimate our influence!

Overcracker wrote:Combined with All the cloudiness surrounding th figure, I'm calling it a big fat, ugly, and worthless hoax.

*prepares some crow*
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414523)
Posted by Overcracker on August 29th, 2012 @ 11:15am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Takara would never use a 3rd party item to promote its toys.

What 3rd party item are they using?

Fans project city commander armor is Flying off of him in the pic.

Why on earth would they use an American term for an Asian Exclusive (which by the way, Asian exclusives are a Hasbro thing not Takara) where nobody calls it that or knows the term?

Too many inconsistencies... Call me a scheptic but, I don't buy it.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414527)
Posted by El Duque on August 29th, 2012 @ 11:19am CDT
Overcracker wrote:Well it's officially ... A big fat hoax.

Takara would never use a 3rd party item to promote its toys.

Robotkingdom has already confirmed that this is an official release. These images come from an official website that was recently set up to promote all the new Asian market exclusives. The images look similar to the promo images e-Hobby used to promote Stepper and Artfire, and that's not FansProject CC armor in the image, it's G1 Ultra Magnus armor. As far as the Classics terminology, this whole Asian exclusive market is a new deal, they seem to be doing whatever they want.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414528)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on August 29th, 2012 @ 11:24am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Takara would never use a 3rd party item to promote its toys.

What 3rd party item are they using?

Fans project city commander armor is Flying off of him in the pic.

Except that is HasTak G1 Magnus, not FP City Commander. I think (and hope) that it is legit. I prefer the all white to the white/blue.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414533)
Posted by XDMan on August 29th, 2012 @ 11:32am CDT
Does the first promo photo mean: Armor sold separatly? :???:
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414540)
Posted by Poyguimogul on August 29th, 2012 @ 11:50am CDT
Oh, Japan how I love you!

Granted your SIX years late to the party but it's cool bro :p

The Magnus is sick, Is it better then the U.S. version?

Too early to say. Personally, myself, I always found
classic magnus more eye catching and striking then
classic prime. The white just oozed detail & win.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414552)
Posted by OmicronZero on August 29th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CDT

As for the use of the term "classics", Asia is not somehow unaware of the fact that the line is well known as that in the US. Go look on Ebay at all the sellers in China, Hong Kong, Japan, and other Pacific/Asian regions properly labeling TFs as "Classics". The only thing I find odd is the mix of Classics and TakaraTomy being mentioned at the same time. Most "Asia" (not Japan) items are Hasbro, not TT.
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414557)
Posted by El Duque on August 29th, 2012 @ 12:07pm CDT
OmicronZero wrote:I find it utterly depressing how many people on a dedicated transformers forum don't recognize the 80s G1 Ultra Magnus armor. That's the armor flying off in the promo picture, for those don't recognize it. It's not Fansproject's City Commander (which really does not look much like the 80s toy), nor is it an entirely new armor. I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to be a reference to the fact that the Classics/Generations line is supposed to be "neo G1".

;)^
Re: Classics Ultra Magnus Asia Exclusive Promo Images and Official Release Date (1414565)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 29th, 2012 @ 12:21pm CDT
XDMan wrote:Does the first promo photo mean: Armor sold separatly? :???:

No, that's "Classic Ultra Magnus" spelled in Japanese. To be exact it says: