Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike

Transformers News: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike

Thursday, May 15th, 2014 11:28AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,130

Thanks to you friends over on the Planet Iacon Facebook page we have a full and much clearer image of Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Excel Suit Spike in glorious color! Enjoy the image mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Discussion
Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574351)
Posted by wilcosu35 on May 15th, 2014 @ 11:34am CDT
he looks fantastic
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574370)
Posted by reysito on May 15th, 2014 @ 12:35pm CDT
I like the bumpers detail, here in latin america de VW Beetle was highly popular, Really like it very much, he looks great even with his backpack.
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574373)
Posted by Rated X on May 15th, 2014 @ 12:46pm CDT
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574374)
Posted by Wh33l Jck on May 15th, 2014 @ 12:53pm CDT
I remember a couple episodes where he only stood up to the top of Primes shin area. The scale looks right to me.

Takara likes to use a lot of paint with their MP's and there are a lot of panels here, I just worry there is going to be a lot of paint chipping after the first few transformations...

I wish the hubcap on his back sat a little further down his back, more like the cartoon...
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574375)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 15th, 2014 @ 12:56pm CDT

Let's focus on Robot Mode scale only, as that seems to be the main focus here. Pulling out the official Scale Guide reveals that MP Bumblebee is indeed scale with Optimus Prime, coming to between the knees and groin.

Of course, given the liberties the cartoon has taken scale is moot.
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574377)
Posted by Convoy on May 15th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
What they need to do is slap a big fat rubsign on that thing so you know it's official! ;)
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574381)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 15th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT
I think the size is great.

When I think of height comparison between Optimus Prime and 'Bee this is generally the first scene that comes to mind:

<!-- ia0 -->PrimeNBee.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Though I'm sure that there may be scenes that show otherwise give or take.
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574392)
Posted by same138 on May 15th, 2014 @ 1:40pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Sheesh, the scale next to M-10 is horrible. In the cartoon, Bumblebee reaches about to Primes groin area. Here he reaches his knees. And the Lamborghini Countach is a fairly small car, so the VW alt mode is off scale as well. This Bumblebee would probally work better with classics figures and would scale nicely next to Toyworld Orion. If Michael Bay didnt make me hate Bumblebee so much, I might have bought this. But Im so sick of that character, I think Ill just stick with Art Feather Bumblebee.

I was intrigued by your comment about the car sizes so did a quick search and came up with 163 inches for the Lambo and 160.5 for the Beetle, 2.5 inches of a difference. A quick cut and paste of Alt mode 'Bee in the image with the Countach to line them up a little better shows a lot more than a scaled down 2.5".

<!-- ia0 -->Image1.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

I still want him though, just 'cause he's a Beetle again at last.
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574393)
Posted by Diem on May 15th, 2014 @ 1:43pm CDT
This is all but guaranteed to get a US version, so I can hold out for that.
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574405)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 15th, 2014 @ 2:58pm CDT
Diem wrote:This is all but guaranteed to get a US version, so I can hold out for that.

If this does indeed get an American release, would it be ironic that this is the only Bumblebee that'll probably not shelfwarm? :lol:
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574412)
Posted by craggy on May 15th, 2014 @ 3:25pm CDT
Pika? Bumblechu!

Loving it. Though I am in agreement that the rotating panel on the roof/chest is a bit too much for what it's worth.
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574422)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2014 @ 4:01pm CDT
Ah, so it's a page from the Transformers Generations 2014 book.
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574468)
Posted by autobot1979 on May 15th, 2014 @ 6:40pm CDT
This is sweet =P~
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574491)
Posted by Hammer on May 15th, 2014 @ 8:03pm CDT
Convoy wrote:I don't know why they made a flipping insignia for the roof if they're just going to tampograph another on the hood anyway.

So both modes are cartoon accurate :)
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574517)
Posted by Convoy on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:17pm CDT
Hammer wrote:

So both modes are cartoon accurate :)

I'd buy that explanation if it didn't have the insignia on the foot in bot-mode. They might as well have made the hood panel flippable.
Where else am I supposed to complain?
I actually love it and the Exo-suit. I'll import it though it may show up in America. I think the quote about VW/Porche not supporting war machines may only be applicable to the first and subsequent live action movie(s).
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574518)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:22pm CDT
Convoy wrote:I think the quote about VW/Porche not supporting war machines may only be applicable to the first and subsequent live action movie(s).
It actually originated from back when Binaltech/Alternators was going on beginning back in 2003.
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574520)
Posted by Convoy on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:39pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I guess I forgot it went that far back. I do remember the weapon kerfuffle between the US and JP release of the Honda mold for BT/ALT. (Honda Japan was cool with guns and Honda US was all like, 'um...gun? we're not sure about that.')
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574564)
Posted by TimothyR on May 16th, 2014 @ 6:06am CDT

and.. if you check out the ultimate scale chart.. you'll see that prime and bumblebee are in perfect scale to each other... remember.. bumblebee wasn't all that much larger than the humans on the show.

so.. everyone who is whining about scale, knock it off.. why would you expect anything besides cartoon scale? i don't need my MASTERPIECE bumblebee being the same size as prowl and sideswipe, that's just silly.
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574574)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 16th, 2014 @ 7:46am CDT
Sweet!
Re: Clearer Color Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee and Spike (1574585)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on May 16th, 2014 @ 8:24am CDT
TimothyR wrote:G1 cartoon accurate.. i don't see any problem with scale.. as it's been pointed out.. though the real world vehicles were similar.. they WEREN'T on the show..

IF you recall from earlier discussions, some people who complain about the toys are just trying to convince themselves they don't want the toy.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers generation leader class custom jetfire - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 32 minutes 3 seconds
AFA 85 Beast Wars Waspinator Figure MOC Rock Transformers 1996 Kenner Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 50 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Takara Masterpiece MP-21G Bumblebee G2 Goldbug Authentic MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 6 minutes 40 seconds
KRE-O Transformers Optimus Prime Dino Hauler 275 Pcs. #A7796 Kreo Blocks New - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 22 minutes 27 seconds
AFA 85 Beast Wars Wolfang Figure MOC Transformers 1996 Kenner Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 52 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Onslaught Combiner Wars Generations Voyager Class Figure BOX DAMAGE - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 9 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers generation leader class custom jetfire - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 41 minutes 4 seconds
DHL AUTHENTIC TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE MP-5G MP05G MEGATRON GOLD VER - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 11 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks