Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave

Transformers News: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave

Wednesday, January 26th, 2011 7:10PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 62,722

Much clearer images of Transformers: DOTM Shockwave have been posted to ACToys.net by b-o-t. These images show him in both modes and from multiple angles. Additionally these shots reveal his "gun-arm" does have an elbow!

To view the images click here!
Credit(s): b-o-t of ACToys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174080)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:15pm CST
I'm really liking how Shockwave is looking! Tank mode looks much better in these pictures too :D
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174081)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:16pm CST
I'm so happy he looks like Shockwave.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174082)
Posted by Leviathan on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:16pm CST
This looks pretty good. If there is no leader class revealed by the time this comes out, I might just get this along with Megatron.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174083)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:20pm CST
Well, my DOTM toy purchases now stand at one figure.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174084)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:22pm CST
That is some sexy plastic and some luscious purple :)
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174086)
Posted by jaws on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:26pm CST
I will definitely buy this! Perfect G1 tribute, ol' cyclops looks amazing, great sculpting, looks beefy. I don't like the "hose" in tank mode, looks alright for 'bot mode.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174090)
Posted by xtsaur on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:39pm CST
I have to admit... while I am not a fan of Cybertronian mode toys... this figure is AWESOME!!!! :x Very impressive. He will have a home on my shelves. Anyone else going to be upset if the Bayverse Transformers movies come to an end?
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174092)
Posted by Ungie on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:45pm CST
xtsaur wrote:Anyone else going to be upset if the Bayverse Transformers movies come to an end?

Uh... Yeah, Hi. How ya doin'?
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174093)
Posted by Turbobungle on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:45pm CST
Love it! Superb Shocky, and its nice to get a movie figure that isn't mostly dull grey plastic.... Looks brilliant!
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174095)
Posted by dragons on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:45pm CST
looks better than before im hating the hose attached to the big crappy mechtech gun of his i can see that poopping out alot in difernt posses in bot mode cant wait for him, his tank looks compact & slim looking
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174097)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:49pm CST
Yeah, it feels wrong to complain about Bay actually doing something G1 accurate, but that segmented hose makes his tank mode look like it mutated from a hailfire droid.

Yet that hardly stops this guy from being the best interpretation of a classic Decepticon the Bayniverse has produced to date. You'll never hear anyone saying, "that's supposed to be Shockwave", because it just IS Shockwave. As for his characterization striking some sort of happy medium between Sunbow and Marvel Shockwave...well, who cares, we'll have at least one good toy.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174100)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:50pm CST
robot mode looks good just needs to lose the bottom 4 ribs, the tank mode sucks. hopefully there is a 3rd mode or just a way to misstransform him so he looks like something other than random tank parts slapped together. I am happy that he looks like shockwave though, i was fearing he'd have a mouth and be colored red or something.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174103)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:56pm CST
Not my ideal Shockwave.

Tank mode don't make much sense but whatever.. he's still pretty sweet.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174106)
Posted by esclavo on January 26th, 2011 @ 8:01pm CST
That has to be the best movie figure I've ever seen. IMHO :D
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174112)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 26th, 2011 @ 8:10pm CST
The first DotM figure I feel I *need.* Glorious!

Shockwave's surprisingly "G1"ish. Usually any shred of resemblance to previous characters are faint enough to appear coincidental.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174113)
Posted by GEEWUN on January 26th, 2011 @ 8:11pm CST
Definite buy for me....

Bay may have done something right
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174116)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on January 26th, 2011 @ 8:15pm CST
Until i have this shockwave i am not buying any of the DOTM line not that thers much i want so far any way.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174117)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on January 26th, 2011 @ 8:15pm CST
So far so good. I still think he's on he stocky side; always saw him as a scientist with a slimmer athletic athletic frame rather than the barrel-chested brawler type.

I hope pictures of his Leader class fig get released soon; would like to make a comparison on both classes, although I'll almost definitely pick the leader class if there is one for the sake of scale.

Really loving the ammo belt/hose.

Overall, I'm glad he looks a lot like G1 Shockwave, purple paint scheme, ammo hose, blaster arm, cyclops eye and all.

Alt mode's a little iffy, but I don't see how he can be explained transforming into a giant Cybertronian gun, unless there's another combiner in the movie there to use him in alt mode.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174118)
Posted by Overcracker on January 26th, 2011 @ 8:21pm CST
Robot mode looks good enough to buy. Love the purple sheen. Hope it makes it to the final production figures.

Tank mode is a little iffy with those gangly tires sticking out in front. But he's definitely Shocky.
Re: Clearer Images of DOTM Shockwave (1174120)
Posted by shin shinobi on January 26th, 2011 @ 8:21pm CST
Definitely few of the DOTM toys I'm looking forward to along with Megs.