Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus

Transformers News: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus

Thursday, May 15th, 2014 11:32AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,864

And here's Ultra Magnus! Once again from the Planet Iacon Facebook page we have better quality image of Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus. Unfortunately he's not in full color like Bumblebee, but still some good looks at the grey mold prototype from some different angles. Check him out below:

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Discussion

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Discussion
Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574353)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 15th, 2014 @ 11:45am CDT
Gimme gimme, Ultra Maggie! :D
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574357)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 15th, 2014 @ 11:51am CDT
Mystery solved then: the cab unfolds into the upper part of the torso and head.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574365)
Posted by sixshot20 on May 15th, 2014 @ 12:05pm CDT
I really like him but he just looks really chubby to me
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574368)
Posted by Seibertron on May 15th, 2014 @ 12:22pm CDT
I love it except for the ass-flap!
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574369)
Posted by Seibertron on May 15th, 2014 @ 12:26pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

In this image it appears he has the larger visor like eyes. It must have been just the shadow of the visor rim that made the eyes look so much smaller in previous pics.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574398)
Posted by rpetras on May 15th, 2014 @ 2:04pm CDT
sixshot20 wrote:I really like him but he just looks really chubby to me

He's not fat, he's husky.

Seibertron wrote:I love it except for the ass-flap!

Yea, what's up with that?
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574399)
Posted by Ravage XK on May 15th, 2014 @ 2:09pm CDT
I like it and will buy it. The only part that sticks out to me as odd are the lower legs, there are the legs and then a large gap and then a floating panel in front. Looks odd to me.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574401)
Posted by SentinelA on May 15th, 2014 @ 2:18pm CDT
After seeing the kibble on the back of this, reconsidering the 3rd party one.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574402)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 15th, 2014 @ 2:21pm CDT
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574403)
Posted by Crystiallic on May 15th, 2014 @ 2:23pm CDT
Hmm, the tires on his feet are fake... Wonder if that means there is to be changes. But then, I don't think the flap ass is going away, although I'm not that big of a hater of that thing, it's better than MP03's skirts or MP17's hollow legs IMHO.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574418)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2014 @ 3:48pm CDT
rpetras wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I love it except for the ass-flap!

Yea, what's up with that?
kirbenvost wrote:The butt flap looks silly. Maybe it can be folded up or something. Otherwise, love it!
Crystiallic wrote:But then, I don't think the flap ass is going away, although I'm not that big of a hater of that thing, it's better than MP03's skirts or MP17's hollow legs IMHO.
Yeah, the butt flap is a bit bigger than it should be, but at least they got its shape right:

Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574419)
Posted by Diem on May 15th, 2014 @ 3:52pm CDT
Takara had a bet with Hasbro to see how many times they could get Transfans to say "butt flap" and they totally won.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574433)
Posted by REMINATOR on May 15th, 2014 @ 4:42pm CDT
And before anyone is starting to question why there are translucent windows on MP22 Prototype chest, it started in TFTM:

And it Mystery Comvoy Game:

Overall, I can't wait to get that MP22 in my hand!
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574542)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 16th, 2014 @ 1:01am CDT
rpetras wrote:
sixshot20 wrote:I really like him but he just looks really chubby to me

He's not fat, he's husky.

Seibertron wrote:I love it except for the ass-flap!

Yea, what's up with that?

The @ss flap as noticed by Saberblade is kind of a homage(?) to his character model sheets/design by Floro Dery (?)
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574544)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on May 16th, 2014 @ 1:21am CDT
El Duque wrote:

Damn it.... This kind of changes everything for me.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574548)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 16th, 2014 @ 1:38am CDT
I like how the cab can be separated and played as a stand alone vehicle. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574549)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 16th, 2014 @ 1:40am CDT

ISP fart.......sorry for the double post
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574591)
Posted by Stormrider on May 16th, 2014 @ 8:44am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
rpetras wrote:
sixshot20 wrote:I really like him but he just looks really chubby to me

He's not fat, he's husky.

Seibertron wrote:I love it except for the ass-flap!

Yea, what's up with that?

I would have preferred no homage than how they designed it. It sucks the way it hangs down that much. Any 3rd Party up for the challenge of making the first Transformer butt transplant? Seriously, I hope the flap is detachable because that is how I would like to display him.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574596)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 16th, 2014 @ 8:52am CDT
The flap is way too big for its own good. It's surprising how good the rest of the figure is until you get to that one piece. It's got to have been some budgetary setback or something if they couldn't find a way to make it fold in just one more time for a better size/positioning, cuz it's hard to believe that it being that large and hanging that much over his whole back section down to his knees was planned from the start.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus (1574656)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on May 16th, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
:shock: =P~

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Cybertron Supreme class Starscream Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 27 minutes 6 seconds
Vintage Transformers G1 Astrotrain Triple-Changer Nearly Complete w/ Stickers - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 58 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Universe Combine Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure Generations - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 59 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers DOTM Autobot Ultimate Optimus Prime - Biggest Mech Tech with Box! - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 6 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers G1 1987 FIRECON complete LOT sparkstalker, cindesaur etc - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 30 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Prime AIRACHNID Robots in Disguise RID 2012 Deluxe Class IN HAND! - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 17 minutes
Takara Transformers Go!  Figure Samurai Ninja GEKISOUMARU Set G05 G10 G20 Tomy - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 18 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Prime DEAD END Robots in Disguise RID 2012 Deluxe Class IN HAND! - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 4 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks