Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures

Transformers News: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures

Wednesday, December 30th, 2009 11:10PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 96,742

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Just in case you are deciding which version of ROTF Buster Prime you want, the standalone figure, or the two-pack figure with Jetfire, 神月亮 of actoys has posted a comparison of both figures. Since most readers are unlikely to be able to read Chinese, here is a rough translation of the images. Click here to read the original article and to see images of the two-pack combination of Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire.

2-Pack Release | Single Release
A comparison of Buster Primes

Single Release
--------------
2-Pack Release
A comparison of Buster Primes

Single Release
--------------
2-Pack Release
A comparison of Buster Primes

Single Release | 2-Pack Release
A comparison of Buster Primes

Single Release
--------------
2-Pack Release
A comparison of Buster Primes

Single Release | 2-Pack Release
A comparison of Buster Primes

Single Release | 2-Pack Release
A comparison of Buster Primes

Single Release | 2-Pack Release
A comparison of Buster Primes

Single Release | 2-Pack Release
A comparison of Buster Primes
Credit(s): 神月亮 of actoys
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032111)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 30th, 2009 @ 11:18pm CST
Basically,
Original Buster Prime:mouth & white pinstriping
2-pack Buster Prime:faceplate & blue pinstriping(which is more movie-accurate)
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032118)
Posted by omega666 on December 30th, 2009 @ 11:38pm CST
Hmmm...I like the mask but like the white pin striping... :-? MASK WINS!

Please release in the US.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032124)
Posted by Exic on December 31st, 2009 @ 12:45am CST
I think the "Single" Buster Optimus Prime's body details are better than "2 pack" one. But I prefer the "2 pack" masked face to the "Single" unmasked.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032128)
Posted by transman487 on December 31st, 2009 @ 1:32am CST
how did they get jetfires feet to rap around prime putting the turbines in front
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032137)
Posted by El Duque on December 31st, 2009 @ 2:04am CST
transman487 wrote:how did they get jetfires feet to rap around prime putting the turbines in front


It looks like it requires the removal of Jetfires legs. Once his legs have been unscrewed it's just a matter of spinning Prime's ball jointed ankles around and reposing him. Looks good, I have an extra Jetfire I bought just for combined mode I may give this a try. The alternate upper body configuration is just a matter of rearranging things.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032165)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 31st, 2009 @ 7:27am CST
I'd like to be able to do that with the shoulder wings/pads, but it looks like it requires two of the Jetfire machine guns...

Still not convincing me to purchase them.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032178)
Posted by El Duque on December 31st, 2009 @ 8:40am CST
I don't think it requires two Jetfires, just fold the cockpit back around on itself rather than leaving it extended.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032205)
Posted by Bouncy X on December 31st, 2009 @ 11:40am CST
so a stupid question since i'm not big on all these different toy models and stuff...


what's the difference between Buster Prime and the voyager one? they seem to look the same to me but is there a size difference or maybe its a movie acuracy thing or what? what makes him "Buster"...lol
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032206)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 31st, 2009 @ 11:41am CST
Bouncy X wrote:so a stupid question since i'm not big on all these different toy models and stuff...


what's the difference between Buster Prime and the voyager one? they seem to look the same to me but is there a size difference or maybe its a movie acuracy thing or what? what makes him "Buster"...lol


The Buster part comes mainly from the inclusion of the rifle (buster rifle?), and the lack of faceplate on the original. I also believe there are chrome parts on it.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032209)
Posted by Bouncy X on December 31st, 2009 @ 11:51am CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Bouncy X wrote:so a stupid question since i'm not big on all these different toy models and stuff...


what's the difference between Buster Prime and the voyager one? they seem to look the same to me but is there a size difference or maybe its a movie acuracy thing or what? what makes him "Buster"...lol


The Buster part comes mainly from the inclusion of the rifle (buster rifle?), and the lack of faceplate on the original. I also believe there are chrome parts on it.


ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......well thank you. :)


now i know, and knowing is half the battle. :P
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032214)
Posted by JediJerseyJoe on December 31st, 2009 @ 12:31pm CST
O for pete sakes...

Do we really need anymore variations on "Move" prime?

I guess, if you build it, they will come. (by "they" I mean the mindless idiots/kiddies who will buy 796 versions of the same stupid figure because it has "white" flames instead of "blue" oooo)

Or perhaps their target audience are kids who stand in the toy isle and try to convince "mommy and daddy" that this prime is "weally weally diffwent and itz weally weally wantz itz..."

Prime (pun intended) example of why I hate all movie merchandise.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032217)
Posted by Naked Magnus on December 31st, 2009 @ 12:50pm CST
JediJerseyJoe wrote:I guess, if you build it, they will come. (by "they" I mean the mindless idiots/kiddies who will buy 796 versions of the same stupid figure because it has "white" flames instead of "blue" oooo)

Hey! If you are going to call me a "mindless idiot", then I would appreciate it if you would tell me via PM and not post it publicly. :P We "mindless idiots" are real people too. We just happen to have more toys than you. I think deep down you are just jealous. :P
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032234)
Posted by El Duque on December 31st, 2009 @ 1:43pm CST
JediJerseyJoe wrote:O for pete sakes...

Do we really need anymore variations on "Move" prime?

I guess, if you build it, they will come. (by "they" I mean the mindless idiots/kiddies who will buy 796 versions of the same stupid figure because it has "white" flames instead of "blue" oooo)

Or perhaps their target audience are kids who stand in the toy isle and try to convince "mommy and daddy" that this prime is "weally weally diffwent and itz weally weally wantz itz..."

Prime (pun intended) example of why I hate all movie merchandise.


According to your sig line you bought six of the same stupid figure because it's came in different colors and three of them had different wings.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032312)
Posted by JediJerseyJoe on December 31st, 2009 @ 6:29pm CST
revengeofstarscream wrote:
JediJerseyJoe wrote:I guess, if you build it, they will come. (by "they" I mean the mindless idiots/kiddies who will buy 796 versions of the same stupid figure because it has "white" flames instead of "blue" oooo)

Hey! If you are going to call me a "mindless idiot", then I would appreciate it if you would tell me via PM and not post it publicly. :P We "mindless idiots" are real people too. We just happen to have more toys than you. I think deep down you are just jealous. :P



lol sorry for not PM'ing you lol

about the toys thing ... lol yeah, see my sig. I guarantee I have more toys then you. I just dont buy Movie-verse stuff. I absolutely loved the 2 bay movies, I thought they did A LOT for our brand, and brought it into the "main stream". Don't get me wrong, there are story inconsistencies that make me want to pull my hair out, and some of the stupid SH!T M-Bay did just make me cringe (for the LOVE OF GOD, why doesn't he stay true to G1 color schemes....sidewipe..ug...ironhide...ug...etc). I probably have about 10 movie figures total, and most of those I bought had G1 "homage" association.

Ask yourself this. How many version of original G1 Optimus were released between 1984-1986? not nearly as many.

Movie-verse is a pure marketing ploy. They think we are dumb heard, and we sometimes prove this.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032330)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 31st, 2009 @ 7:24pm CST
I just got my Buster Prime/Jetfire 2-pack and is sweeeeet! Still haven't opened it yet. They look so happy in there. "Jetfire's my name!" "I am Optimus Prime!". They also came with the coolest, most overly packaged set of collectible Transformers stamps ever. :D
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032335)
Posted by Blurrz on December 31st, 2009 @ 7:50pm CST
JediJerseyJoe wrote:
revengeofstarscream wrote:
JediJerseyJoe wrote:I guess, if you build it, they will come. (by "they" I mean the mindless idiots/kiddies who will buy 796 versions of the same stupid figure because it has "white" flames instead of "blue" oooo)

Hey! If you are going to call me a "mindless idiot", then I would appreciate it if you would tell me via PM and not post it publicly. :P We "mindless idiots" are real people too. We just happen to have more toys than you. I think deep down you are just jealous. :P



lol sorry for not PM'ing you lol

about the toys thing ... lol yeah, see my sig. I guarantee I have more toys then you. I just dont buy Movie-verse stuff. I absolutely loved the 2 bay movies, I thought they did A LOT for our brand, and brought it into the "main stream". Don't get me wrong, there are story inconsistencies that make me want to pull my hair out, and some of the s :???: tupid SH!T M-Bay did just make me cringe (for the LOVE OF GOD, why doesn't he stay true to G1 color schemes....sidewipe..ug...ironhide...ug...etc). I probably have about 10 movie figures total, and most of those I bought had G1 "homage" association.

Ask yourself this. How many version of original G1 Optimus were released between 1984-1986? not nearly as many.

Movie-verse is a pure marketing ploy. They think we are dumb heard, and we sometimes prove this.


If you think you've got more toys than everyone else, be a bit more humble instead of flaunting that around. There are fans, not mindless idiots, who will buy every version of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee or whatever because that's their favourite character. I don't exactly agree about it, but some fans like it.

And yeah, you're right. It's all about marketing and making money. Does the justification for a Jetfire + Buster Prime repack warrant the repaint of Buster Prime? Well... that's not my question to answer because I'm not buying either, but oh well.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032436)
Posted by Mykltron on January 1st, 2010 @ 5:27am CST
Huh, I didn't realise there were any differences until now.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032496)
Posted by El Duque on January 1st, 2010 @ 1:04pm CST
Blurrz wrote:
JediJerseyJoe wrote:
revengeofstarscream wrote:
JediJerseyJoe wrote:I guess, if you build it, they will come. (by "they" I mean the mindless idiots/kiddies who will buy 796 versions of the same stupid figure because it has "white" flames instead of "blue" oooo)

Hey! If you are going to call me a "mindless idiot", then I would appreciate it if you would tell me via PM and not post it publicly. :P We "mindless idiots" are real people too. We just happen to have more toys than you. I think deep down you are just jealous. :P



lol sorry for not PM'ing you lol

about the toys thing ... lol yeah, see my sig. I guarantee I have more toys then you. I just dont buy Movie-verse stuff. I absolutely loved the 2 bay movies, I thought they did A LOT for our brand, and brought it into the "main stream". Don't get me wrong, there are story inconsistencies that make me want to pull my hair out, and some of the s :???: tupid SH!T M-Bay did just make me cringe (for the LOVE OF GOD, why doesn't he stay true to G1 color schemes....sidewipe..ug...ironhide...ug...etc). I probably have about 10 movie figures total, and most of those I bought had G1 "homage" association.

Ask yourself this. How many version of original G1 Optimus were released between 1984-1986? not nearly as many.

Movie-verse is a pure marketing ploy. They think we are dumb heard, and we sometimes prove this.


If you think you've got more toys than everyone else, be a bit more humble instead of flaunting that around. There are fans, not mindless idiots, who will buy every version of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee or whatever because that's their favourite character. I don't exactly agree about it, but some fans like it.

And yeah, you're right. It's all about marketing and making money. Does the justification for a Jetfire + Buster Prime repack warrant the repaint of Buster Prime? Well... that's not my question to answer because I'm not buying either, but oh well.


It has always been about making money, in fact that's all it's ever been about. Has/Tak/Tom didn't create TF to make us happy or enrich our lives or anything else, they did it to make money. Us getting cool stuff is just a side effect of their drive to make money. If they need to repaint, re-release, or repackage figures to be profitable and keep the TF line alive I'm fine with that. I'm sure there are a lot of people involved with the line that are passionate about TF's, but the bottom line is turning a profit. G1 was just as much as of a marketing ploy as anything that has came after it.
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1032802)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on January 2nd, 2010 @ 9:09pm CST
As far as I'm concerned, ROTF Leader OP and the individual Buster are the only Bayverse Prime's I'd want. The 2-pack doesn't really deliver in terms of difference to justify owning a third movie Prime. The difference between the 2-pack Prime and Buster OP are the minor changes in paint details, and a face-masked head sculpt. I personally prefer the no-mask version of Buster that I own, so there's no reason to add yet another Prime on the shelf just for a face-mask.

The only reason one would want to buy the 2-pack is if he doesn't already own an ROTF Leader OP or Jetfire, in which case, this would be a great bargain, with better paint apps and all.

El Duque wrote:It has always been about making money, in fact that's all it's ever been about. Has/Tak/Tom didn't create TF to make us happy or enrich our lives or anything else, they did it to make money. Us getting cool stuff is just a side effect of their drive to make money. If they need to repaint, re-release, or repackage figures to be profitable and keep the TF line alive I'm fine with that. I'm sure there are a lot of people involved with the line that are passionate about TF's, but the bottom line is turning a profit. G1 was just as much as of a marketing ploy as anything that has came after it.


QFT, bro! My thoughts, exactly. :D
Re: Comparison pics of Takara's ROTF "Buster" Optimus Prime Figures (1033057)
Posted by Ungie on January 3rd, 2010 @ 9:20pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:Basically,
Original Buster Prime:mouth & white pinstriping
2-pack Buster Prime:faceplate & blue pinstriping(which is more movie-accurate)


The only other slight (maybe Picture/lighting effects) differece i see is the 2 pack OP has some glossier red and blue paint than the Buster Single One. THen again, it could be the lighting and picture flash.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014