Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More)

Transformers News: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More)

Friday, January 17th, 2014 12:36PM CST

Category: Movie News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 16,983

In an interview with Joblo.com, Steve Jablonsky, composer of scores for Transformers, The Island, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and many more, talks about Transformers: Age of Extinction and working with director Michael Bay.

Transformers News: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More)

Calling the work he’s done on the Transformers scores “all big fun,” Jablonsky went on to talk about his plans for work on the upcoming Age of Extinction score. While he hasn't entered the planning stages yet with Bay for it, Jablonsky confirmed that he will definitely be doing the score for Age of Extinction. Jablonsky was considered for the next Spider-Man movie, but while in talks with Spider-Man director Mark Webb, Jablonsky states he literally woke up and realized the film would share a schedule with Transformers 4. Both huge projects, both highly anticipated films, and Steve Jablonsky decided that he needed to stick with Michael Bay on Age of Extinction. And while Jablonsky says he has no expectation of Bay telling him he is Bay’s “go-to” composer, he does recognize that prior to working with Jablonsky, Bay did not regularly use any one composer. Now, Jablonsky says,
…yes, I think I’m his guy. I never assume, I never take it for granted.

And after he completes the score for Age of Extinction? Jablonsky says he has a few possibilities, one of them being a few themes for a project with Bay called, “The Last Ship,” an action TV show.
Credit(s): Joblo.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542741)
Posted by njb902 on January 17th, 2014 @ 12:45pm CST
I was hoping for more talk about spiderman and more about hamsters.

I wonder what the difference in pay was between the 2 projects. I don't really care if he took the higher paying one, if transformers is, or his reasoning for doing so. I'm just curious.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542761)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 17th, 2014 @ 1:30pm CST
njb902 wrote:I was hoping for more talk about spiderman and more about hamsters.

Did you read the interview? If you didn't, it's a decent, short read. It doesn't address pay between the two movies, but it gives the impression that he genuinely enjoys working with Bay. Jablonsky has worked with Bay on tons of projects, and I think that was a big part in his decision, at least as the interview reads.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542766)
Posted by njb902 on January 17th, 2014 @ 1:39pm CST
ScoutBumblebee wrote:

I did, it was an interesting read. Like I said though I'm just interested in what both movies would pay for his job.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542767)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 17th, 2014 @ 1:41pm CST
njb902 wrote:
ScoutBumblebee wrote:

I would be curious to know too. I just don't know how much it mattered to his decision--but I would love to know too. I imagine both would be fairly high paying.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542812)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 17th, 2014 @ 4:22pm CST
Great news! Mr. Jablonsky's music was about the only thing I enjoyed about ROTF without any negatives.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542926)
Posted by noctorro on January 18th, 2014 @ 7:24am CST
Yes, great news! I love his Transformers scores!
Hopefully the score will be released on cd like the first two movies.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1544417)
Posted by Jazz813 on January 23rd, 2014 @ 2:50pm CST
I think that and Peter Cullen's voice would be the hole highlight from this movie...
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok