Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More)

Transformers News: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More)

Friday, January 17th, 2014 12:36PM CST

Category: Live Action Movie News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 20,577

In an interview with Joblo.com, Steve Jablonsky, composer of scores for Transformers, The Island, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and many more, talks about Transformers: Age of Extinction and working with director Michael Bay.

Transformers News: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More)

Calling the work he’s done on the Transformers scores “all big fun,” Jablonsky went on to talk about his plans for work on the upcoming Age of Extinction score. While he hasn't entered the planning stages yet with Bay for it, Jablonsky confirmed that he will definitely be doing the score for Age of Extinction. Jablonsky was considered for the next Spider-Man movie, but while in talks with Spider-Man director Mark Webb, Jablonsky states he literally woke up and realized the film would share a schedule with Transformers 4. Both huge projects, both highly anticipated films, and Steve Jablonsky decided that he needed to stick with Michael Bay on Age of Extinction. And while Jablonsky says he has no expectation of Bay telling him he is Bay’s “go-to” composer, he does recognize that prior to working with Jablonsky, Bay did not regularly use any one composer. Now, Jablonsky says,
…yes, I think I’m his guy. I never assume, I never take it for granted.

And after he completes the score for Age of Extinction? Jablonsky says he has a few possibilities, one of them being a few themes for a project with Bay called, “The Last Ship,” an action TV show.
Credit(s): Joblo.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542741)
Posted by njb902 on January 17th, 2014 @ 12:45pm CST
I was hoping for more talk about spiderman and more about hamsters.

I wonder what the difference in pay was between the 2 projects. I don't really care if he took the higher paying one, if transformers is, or his reasoning for doing so. I'm just curious.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542761)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 17th, 2014 @ 1:30pm CST
njb902 wrote:I was hoping for more talk about spiderman and more about hamsters.

Did you read the interview? If you didn't, it's a decent, short read. It doesn't address pay between the two movies, but it gives the impression that he genuinely enjoys working with Bay. Jablonsky has worked with Bay on tons of projects, and I think that was a big part in his decision, at least as the interview reads.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542766)
Posted by njb902 on January 17th, 2014 @ 1:39pm CST
ScoutBumblebee wrote:

I did, it was an interesting read. Like I said though I'm just interested in what both movies would pay for his job.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542767)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 17th, 2014 @ 1:41pm CST
njb902 wrote:
ScoutBumblebee wrote:

I would be curious to know too. I just don't know how much it mattered to his decision--but I would love to know too. I imagine both would be fairly high paying.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542812)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 17th, 2014 @ 4:22pm CST
Great news! Mr. Jablonsky's music was about the only thing I enjoyed about ROTF without any negatives.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1542926)
Posted by noctorro on January 18th, 2014 @ 7:24am CST
Yes, great news! I love his Transformers scores!
Hopefully the score will be released on cd like the first two movies.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1544417)
Posted by Jazz813 on January 23rd, 2014 @ 2:50pm CST
I think that and Peter Cullen's voice would be the hole highlight from this movie...
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566660)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on April 19th, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
This has not been confirmed by anyone, but Steve Jablonsky youtube channel has released this track titled "Truck" for the up coming TF: AOE movie score. Its a very familuar sound that ties in with previous movie scores. Either way, sounds fantastic!!

Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566751)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 20th, 2014 @ 2:04am CDT
It's about time. Can't wait for the rest of the score.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566776)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 20th, 2014 @ 7:18am CDT
Fellow Seibertron.com user 5150 Cruiser has spotted a new video upload on the official Steve Jablonsky YouTube channel. The clip, while not showing any images other than the Decepticon logo from Transformers: Age of Extinction, plays around three minutes of music, from a track apparently titled 'Truck'. This is quite probably part of the new movie's score, given the similarities with previous tracks, and can be heard in the embedded video below!

Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566778)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 20th, 2014 @ 7:28am CDT
I like the scores for all 3 films. My personal favorite has to be "Shockwave's Revenge" from DoTM though. So f**king ominous. Too bad the character didn't live up to it. As for this track, it's pretty cool. I guess it will be used when Prime gets his new body, or maybe when he 1st reveals himself to Mark Wahlberg and/or his family.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566805)
Posted by partholon on April 20th, 2014 @ 9:33am CDT
Have to say i really like that. builds nicely to a fine heroic pitch.

TBH The scores in all the films has been one aspect thats knocked it out of the park for me each time.

really managed to convey pathos well.

i now wait with bated breath for the sequel : "Munky"!

:grin:
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566815)
Posted by dreadwing95 on April 20th, 2014 @ 10:05am CDT
i have to agree. his scores have been some of the most beautiful pieces ive ever heard. the only people that come close are john williams and hans zimmer
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566816)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 20th, 2014 @ 10:18am CDT
i will forever complain about the tf3 score not being released on cd. tf4 better be released on cd as well.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566826)
Posted by SpaceSkull on April 20th, 2014 @ 11:34am CDT
Really nice. I love Jablonsky's scores. Thumbs up! :BOT:
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566860)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on April 20th, 2014 @ 2:55pm CDT
No one should ever be allowed to score a Transformers movie other than Steve Jablonsky. His music is awesome!
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566884)
Posted by KnightStrike on April 20th, 2014 @ 6:20pm CDT
I hope this score gets a CD release. Still wish Dark of the Moon's score had seen a CD release. Jablonsky's scores are my favorite thing about the Bayverse and this track is fantastic so I think its a safe bet the rest of the score will be pretty outstanding as well.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566906)
Posted by Jaydenthetank on April 20th, 2014 @ 7:59pm CDT
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566939)
Posted by Deadput on April 21st, 2014 @ 12:07am CDT
Wow your digging from the bottom of the barrel for news aren't you?

Steve himself said on his facebook that its a fake and he does not even have a youtube.

So stop posting fake news.
Re: Composer Steve Jablonsky Discusses Transformers 4 (and More) (1566965)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on April 21st, 2014 @ 5:15am CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Wow your digging from the bottom of the barrel for news aren't you?

So stop posting fake news.

You're being a little harsh, don't you think?

And do you have a link to the facebook account you're referring to? I checked several FB pages with Jablonsky's name and none of them confirm that it's fake.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS LEGENDS CLASS SHOCKWAVE NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 13 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS HASBRO MOVIE 2007 LEADER CLASS BRAWL NEW MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 28 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON IRONHIDE AUTOBOT INTREMEDIATE LEVEL 2 - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 14 minutes 22 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ROTF REVENGE OF THE FALLEN VOYAGER CLASS IRONHIDE - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 35 seconds
Perfect Effect PC-12 COMPUTRON BETATRON UPGRADE COMBINER WARS Transformers - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 6 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Robo Power Bash Bots Starscream vs Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 6 days 54 minutes 31 seconds
Perfect Effect PC-11 COMPUTRON BETATRON UPGRADE COMBINER WARS Transformers - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 10 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers 1985 G1 Constructicons - DEVASTATOR -Near Complete,acc on sprues - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 56 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed