Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed

Transformers News: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed

Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 12:27AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 15,904

Lead Character Designer for Transformers: Animated Derrick Wyatt has updated his blog A Delightful Tedium with some new images of concept art from the Transformers Animated Series.

Many of you will remember the last concept art Wyatt displayed was of Bounty Hunter Lockdown.

This time, it is everyone's favourite (or at least second favourite) Ninja Autobot from the Animated series, Prowl who gets the concept art treatment.

The images show Prowl was always designed to be a motorcycle, but at first sported a more G1-esque style paint scheme, with his wheels on his shoulders. Also included is a nice image of Prowl wearing his armour from "A Fistful of Energon".

To check out the concept art from Wyatt, please click here.
Credit(s): Derrick Wyatt, BlackMagnus
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (793794)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on September 24th, 2008 @ 12:54am CDT
*sniff sniff* I smell a repaint coming, I think he'd look awesome in his G1 colors and samurai armor.
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (793804)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 24th, 2008 @ 2:02am CDT
G1 colors look a hell of a lot better. Actually looks like Prowl. The one we got i dont even consider prowl. If they were to make a repaint with the G1 colors id get it. I mold is great and those colors would make it even better.
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (793868)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 24th, 2008 @ 6:17am CDT
I really like the G1 colored one, with the wings etc...not sure how it would become a motorcycle, but cool nonetheless!
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (793871)
Posted by astig on September 24th, 2008 @ 6:20am CDT
:-? hmmm... i do hope hasbro would come up with a repainted animated prowl in G1 colors...that'd be nice! :grin:
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (794075)
Posted by Hard Hacker on September 24th, 2008 @ 11:11am CDT
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (794148)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 24th, 2008 @ 12:52pm CDT
The colors make sense story-wise, but it's still not Prowl to me without the colors... so if they make a repaint, I'm sold!
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (794265)
Posted by Mirage22 on September 24th, 2008 @ 3:40pm CDT
That G1 paint job does look really good...I SMELL REPAINTS!
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (794279)
Posted by ponycorn on September 24th, 2008 @ 3:55pm CDT
The "ears" on the G1 colored version look nice too. I wish they would have kept those.
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (794291)
Posted by Chaoslock on September 24th, 2008 @ 4:05pm CDT
Interesting, they allready had the concepts back in '03?
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (794525)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on September 24th, 2008 @ 7:03pm CDT
Thank you, oh so much, for sharing these. They're GORGEOUS.
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (794652)
Posted by Maldroth on September 24th, 2008 @ 10:22pm CDT
I really do love the look of Animated Prowl. I do agree though if we do see a repaint for Prowl in the future I'd love to see it in the G1 colors as well.

I'm totally excited to see the sidecar concept didn't get abandoned and we will see it in toy form at sometime.
Re: Concept Art for Animated Prowl Revealed (794697)
Posted by ponycorn on September 24th, 2008 @ 11:39pm CDT
Hard Hacker wrote:Nice to see the evolution. It all makes for a glorius final result. I mean, a white ninja?

Stormshadow raises an eyebrow... :?
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok