Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay?

Transformers News: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay?

Saturday, February 8th, 2014 10:30PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 31,402

The listing has since been removed, but earlier this evening, we got a little sneak peek at the 30th Anniversary Jetfire figure via an eBay auction. Interestingly, the auction stated that the item was not for sale, but listed a price of $5,000.00. See pictures below, and click on over to Energon Pub to tell us what you think.

Transformers News: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Jetfire via eBay?

Transformers News: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Jetfire via eBay?

Additional image courtesy of 4Chan including the accessories:

Transformers News: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Jetfire via eBay?
Credit(s): Facebook user Ravage Eject, 4Chan
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549062)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 8th, 2014 @ 10:32pm CST
Oh I can just tell that's going to be one of those "don't bother integrating the robot mode, just stash it under the jet" figures.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549064)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 8th, 2014 @ 10:33pm CST
Damn $5,000.00, what rich asshole's going to buy that?
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549065)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 8th, 2014 @ 10:34pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Damn $5,000.00, what rich asshole's going to buy that?

The listing said it was not for sale, only for show, which is probably why the price was high.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549066)
Posted by Emerje on February 8th, 2014 @ 10:35pm CST

Emerje
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549070)
Posted by Knightsword on February 8th, 2014 @ 10:45pm CST

Here ya go, via 4chan.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549072)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 8th, 2014 @ 10:49pm CST
OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS, HOLY COW, SAKES ALIVE!

I recently shelled 70-some bucks on Classics Jetfire. A cool enough display, but lacking pose/playability. Iwas hoping the listing for a leader class jetfire would be lame, so I wouldn't feel bad about getting the character again.

But, he's so cool looking that, if this is indeed the one we'll be seeing, I won't feel bad at all. :D
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549075)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 8th, 2014 @ 10:57pm CST
Emerje wrote:Jetfire's jet mode, Skyfire's bot mode. Talk about identity issues. Not sure I like this, if I'm going to get a Skyfire figure I really want the jet mode to be right as well.

Emerje
I'll second this. Classics Jetfire was a similar compromise, and he was so damn good that no further stab in that direction can be significantly better. If you want to give us a better likeness, pick a design and stick to it in both modes. Making it look enough like a Valk only in jet mode is a fun way to piss off Harmony Gold, but not nearly as fun as a large, official toy that actually pulls off the Skyfire design's jet mode would be.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549076)
Posted by wilcosu35 on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:01pm CST
holy crap, that's fantastic :BOWDOWN:
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549078)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:08pm CST
Is it wrong that I'm kinda tired of G1 Jetfire toys that are balanced half-show/half-toy in the accuracy department and just want a full-blown show-accurate G1 Jetfire toy (that isn't 3rd party-made)?

I mean, if real, this is the closest we've ever gotten to an official show-accurate G1 Jetfire toy, but the show-accuracy of the robot mode is restricted by toy-accurate aspects of the highly toy-accurate jet mode creeping into the robot mode and conflicting with its show-accurate aspects.

I'm sorry if I sound picky, but all I've ever wanted of this character was a toy of the Floro Dery Skyfire deisgn, not another Skyfire/Valkyrie hybrid.

It does look nice, though.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549086)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CST
i dont know about this i like the bot mode and i like the jet mode but i have a hard time trying
to see how they are the same because they look like two different toys
besides we already have a decent looking skyfire/jetfire that was released on the classics line
in a way it looks like a heavy remold of that same one
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549087)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:22pm CST
ALL OF MY YES :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549088)
Posted by Caelus on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:24pm CST
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549090)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:26pm CST
I never really liked Classics Jetfire, but that looks awesome.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549091)
Posted by Blurrz on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:28pm CST
This thing is a beast.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549092)
Posted by Seibertron on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:29pm CST
I did a little photoshop work on the jet mode image to "fix" the wing.

Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549095)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:36pm CST
This is fantastic. 2 years late for Macross' 30th anniversary but still. This is a real classics look.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549096)
Posted by megatronus on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:38pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Yes.
ALL OF MY YES :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Agreed!

I don't care if this is a supposed compromise - as far as Generations goes, this is the Jetfire!
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549098)
Posted by Tsutsukakushi on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:44pm CST
HasTak hit this one out of the ballpark. It looks breathtaking,pretty & top notch in all modes.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549100)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 9th, 2014 @ 12:17am CST
Well well well...

Most interesting reveal in a long while.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549105)
Posted by wewyllenium on February 9th, 2014 @ 12:38am CST
This image does not seem real. Looks more like a CG rendering. :(
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549107)
Posted by Mkall on February 9th, 2014 @ 12:54am CST
This thing is FANTASTIC!

I may as well give Classics Jetfire to the kid next door. There's no way he'll sell for anything now.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549109)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 9th, 2014 @ 1:46am CST
Mkall wrote:This thing is FANTASTIC!

You serious? Is it in good condition?

Wants classics Jetfire
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549111)
Posted by RhA on February 9th, 2014 @ 1:51am CST
SQUEEL.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549114)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 9th, 2014 @ 2:10am CST
so it has the g1 cartoon robot mode but the g1 toy alt mode, a bit odd but looks good.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549115)
Posted by Burn on February 9th, 2014 @ 2:14am CST
mmmm not overly impressed. There's something about it that just isn't right to me, just not sure what it is.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549116)
Posted by Rated X on February 9th, 2014 @ 2:28am CST
Not digging the jet mode, but the robot mode is perfect. And robot mode is how it will be displayed. And the scale is right, very unusual for hasbro...
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549118)
Posted by Shadowstream on February 9th, 2014 @ 2:43am CST
I'll agree I'm not digging the compromise filled design, though I say that less because it looks bad and more because it seems like the same design mentality that went though with Whirl being a primarily G1 design with some IDW thrown in for fanwankery. It looks fantastic to me, and assuming it's real I may consider it, I just don't like the compromise aspect as it bodes badly for other possible designs...
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549123)
Posted by wilcosu35 on February 9th, 2014 @ 3:56am CST
having looked at the pictures another time, it seems the jet cockpit will not form his chest, since they're completely different
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549124)
Posted by Blozor on February 9th, 2014 @ 3:58am CST
I would still like to see whether or jot Roadbuster is going to be another repaint before the Fansproject one sells out.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549125)
Posted by frogbat on February 9th, 2014 @ 4:06am CST
I'm a huge fan of generations jet fire. One of my faves in fact... Just wish they had hidden his hands in alt mode.

So in my mind jet fire has a good representation in this line so if hastak want to concentrate their efforts on this guy it might be better they do an mp version.

The robot mode looks great here - it's not slavish to the cartoon design like the recent 3rd party design is, but I find this one looks better cos he feels a bit updated. As others pointed out, a more cartoon accurate alt mode might be appreciated more... Plus if that is really the same figure, it looks like they're using a faux cockpit for the chest piece?
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549137)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 9th, 2014 @ 6:03am CST
Caelus wrote:I hated Jetfire's comic-book/cartoon alternate mode, I always thought it looked like garbage, but did like his robot mode, so this would make me very happy... I was also very fond of the Dreamwave design, where it looked like Jetfire was wearing extra, custom hazardous environment armor, and this sort of reflects that.

Agreed, it looks a hell of a lot like Don Fig's DW Jetfire, only it still has the wings in bot-mode.
I really, really like this and if it scales well with the MPs, I may very well get it as an MP stand in.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549139)
Posted by Mykltron on February 9th, 2014 @ 6:08am CST
Not cartoon accurate enough! Unless the two red cannon things clip together (no gap between them) on his back in robot mode...
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549140)
Posted by KnightStrike on February 9th, 2014 @ 6:29am CST
Holy scrap! Just woke up and checked the site, saw this, now having to refrain from dancing! I sold my Henkei Jetfire not long ago because I had decided to make a custom that could actually pose, but this thing is too good to be true! If this is legit I won't be able to pre-order from BBTS fast enough! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549142)
Posted by spiderbob007 on February 9th, 2014 @ 7:13am CST
That is the Jetfire we are looking for.

Now if Toys R Us, Target and Wal-Mart will dedicate as much space to Transformers as they do My Little Pony; we may actually see Jetfire on the limited shelf space that isn't populated with Dark of the Moon (still) and Beast Hunters.

Still looking for my Swerve and Cosmos, both in the real and cyber world. Anyone got a clue as to what happened there?
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549155)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2014 @ 8:07am CST
it looks pretty good, but I'll stick with the Classics one for now
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549157)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on February 9th, 2014 @ 8:28am CST
not bad but why would they bother making this guy when they already did anice voyager class in the classics line?
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549159)
Posted by STngAR on February 9th, 2014 @ 8:39am CST
I like it but the head is all wrong for me.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549164)
Posted by EagleTron on February 9th, 2014 @ 8:50am CST
This Jetfire brong back some very old memories from when I was just a little boy I had a extreme liking for this and I wanted a Inspector Gadget doll figure so so bad. Go go Gadget. :D
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549166)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on February 9th, 2014 @ 8:55am CST
The replies to this image kind of goes to show why Hasbro generally should NOT listen to fan comments, because they are all over the place from This is the coolest thing ever to Meh, I'll stick with classics. You literally can not please 100% of TF fans even 70% of the time.

That being sad, looking at the robot mode and the jet mode, I'm not seeing how the chest of robot mode remotely matches up with the nosecone of jet mode.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549167)
Posted by EagleTron on February 9th, 2014 @ 8:56am CST
Is this a totally new mold or is it that same old mold?
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549170)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 9th, 2014 @ 9:14am CST
EagleTron wrote:Is this a totally new mold or is it that same old mold?

Classics Voyager vs. Generations Leader. It's all new :)

I'm content with my Classics Jetfire, so I'm skipping it. My family may persuade me however...
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549172)
Posted by EagleTron on February 9th, 2014 @ 9:25am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
EagleTron wrote:Is this a totally new mold or is it that same old mold?

Classics Voyager vs. Generations Leader. It's all new :)

New mold, good and thanks, then its most likely bought on sight if its no more than 80 $. I passed on roth leader Jetfire but I can't pass on a good leader sized tranformer.
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549174)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 9th, 2014 @ 9:30am CST
:BOWDOWN: :DANCE: :APPLAUSE: :grin: :shock:
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549179)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2014 @ 9:45am CST
Generations Inspector Gadget? Leader Class? Yowzers!
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549180)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on February 9th, 2014 @ 9:51am CST
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549184)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2014 @ 9:56am CST
Homerjay14522 wrote:OMG....IF THIS IS TRUE, IT IS A TOTAL GET!!! And for those saying they want the vehicle mode to look like the tv show, I think they were going looking like the original ripped off Robotech Veritech from the original toys line.

Definitely! :michaelbay:
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549187)
Posted by EagleTron on February 9th, 2014 @ 10:17am CST
craggy wrote:Generations Inspector Gadget? Leader Class? Yowzers!

Lol, you silly :lol:
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549190)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2014 @ 10:51am CST
please stop trolling me Eagletron
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549192)
Posted by Darkman20xx on February 9th, 2014 @ 11:01am CST
I don't know how anyone who is a fan of Jetfire/Skyfire could not like this. If I'm reading right this is a leader class figure so just the size difference alone should make him an instant buy. Though I like the Classics version in reality it was kind of small. The only thing that could kill this would be it being severely undersized.

Wait....what am I saying? THIS THING IS HORRIBLE, GARBAGE. (Hopefully people will leave enough on the shelves for me to find one.) :D
Re: Confirmation of 30th Anniversary Generations Jetfire via eBay? (1549193)
Posted by Darkman20xx on February 9th, 2014 @ 11:14am CST
Hmmmm.......Not to try to prematurely blow anybody's mind but what are the odds that the figure could have the option of having both the Cartoon Accurate on Robotech jet modes? Kind of like the whole Sideswipe/Sunstreaker thing....turn it around this way instead of that way and you have a different figure. The robot mode really has me trying to figure out where that long nosecone would go unless it just hangs off the back like Universe Powerglide. If it has both options it would even make it easier to sneak a repaint out of it pretty easily. One can wish. =P~

Click here to view an additional 89 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok