Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details

Transformers News: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details

Friday, June 10th, 2011 4:05PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 55,220

Full Metal Hero, who brought us news of a potential new Leader Class Optimus Prime for DOTM, have now posted some additional details on this figure. It seems the figure labeled DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader will not be a new mold, but a repainted version DA-15 Jetwing Prime without the jetpack.

Takara have now confirmed that the DX Redecoration Leader Class Optimus figure is the Jetwings version minus the Jetpack, it will come with the Buster gun but at this time there is no confirmation that it will have a chrome finish, this also means we'll be getting the modified ab section, great stuff !!!
Credit(s): Full Metal Hero
Re: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details (1237363)
Posted by RodimalToyota on June 10th, 2011 @ 4:32pm CDT
Has anyone confirmed if Jetwing Prime will have a working Buster gun or not?
Re: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details (1237373)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 10th, 2011 @ 5:04pm CDT
US better get one, im not going to spend that much for takaras version.
Re: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details (1237379)
Posted by OptiMagnus on June 10th, 2011 @ 5:08pm CDT
I'm getting it.
Re: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details (1237384)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 10th, 2011 @ 5:10pm CDT
It was interesting... until they mentioned that it would not have the Jetwing accessory. :-(
Re: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details (1237385)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 10th, 2011 @ 5:11pm CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:Has anyone confirmed if Jetwing Prime will have a working Buster gun or not?

No idea, it was never released to the public. I would've gotten it if it had been released... :-x :BANG_HEAD:
Re: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details (1237392)
Posted by prowl123 on June 10th, 2011 @ 5:18pm CDT
CrimsonPrime wrote:
prowl123 wrote:
Sidearm wrote:Do we need another DOTM Optimus? :BANG_HEAD:

It's better than another Bumblebee. And we still need a Leader Optimus anyway. And I would love to see a leader Megatron, but I don't think that that's gonna happen, considering that hasbro chose 3 leader figs already

One question for you,good sir...How the hell do you know Hasbro gonna decide on 3 only? Sure that's the case for the previous lines but how do you know it's gonna be the same this time? After all they did just give us 3 Autobots instead of 2 Autobots and 1 Decepticons(or vice-versa).Please reply as soon as you can and make sure you give some LOGICAL points and EVIDENCE instead of bunch of deduction crap kay :D?

On topic...I think it's gonna be a retooled Leader Optimus Prime cause of the "Redecoration" thing. Well that's all I can say >.<...

PS : Sentinel Prime cant be consider as a Decepticon since Hasbro clearly says he is indeed an Autobot on the packaging bio and give no hint that he's a Decepticon

One response for you, sir, it just makes sense that Hasbro released 3 leaders for each movie. Leader Starscream was in HFTD, so I'm not counting him, or the repaints, since there were a few for both movies. And I never said Sentinel wasn't an Autobot. I never said there were only going to be 3 either. Maybe they'll spin the DOTM line off like they did with HFTD, and release Optimus and Megatron. I'm not saying anything, so calm down.

And yeah, it is gonna be the Jetwing Optimus without the jetpack.

CREEPY! :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$: :ic$:
Re: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details (1237395)
Posted by RodimalToyota on June 10th, 2011 @ 5:20pm CDT
It hasn't been released yet, JetWing Prime doesn't hit till July.
I wish someone would ask Takara for more info on Jetwing, unless they are waiting until after the movie release to discuss it's features.

I couldn't fathom them not using the Buster mold for this. Especially since the gun has to come apart to attach to the jetwings.
Re: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details (1237465)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 10th, 2011 @ 7:34pm CDT
Now I'm in a bit of a dilemma. My local hobby store brings in Takara exclusives at a reasonable price, which means they'll most likely bring in Jetwing OP. But now that Hasbro's decided to release its own DOTM LC Optimus [redecoed or whatever], I'm wondering if I want those Jetwing accessories enough to pay extra for them, or settle for a cheaper DOTM LC Optimus?

I'll probably be able to decide when the time comes, but odds are I'll be picking up Jetwing OP; without the jet wings package, DOTM LC OP is just ROTF OP with new abs and a buster gun.
Re: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details (1237671)
Posted by DMSL on June 11th, 2011 @ 5:18am CDT
Definately too many Prime's and bigass Bumblebee's. I want a leader Ratchet, Megatron, Shockwave and dare i say BLACKOUT.
Re: DA28 DX Redecoration Optimus Prime Leader: Additional Details (1246226)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 24th, 2011 @ 1:07am CDT
I hope to Primus that they give it the awesome paint details that were present in Buster Prime but absent in Jetwings Prime.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism