Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back

Transformers News: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back

Friday, November 9th, 2012 8:40PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 39,681

Cybergundam Blog has reported that TakaraTomy has delayed the Japanese domestic release for MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus both by about a month. Originally planned for release on December 15 this year, Masterpiece Soundwave and his pal, Laserbeak, have been moved to January 26, 2013. Slated for release in February, the venerated Fortress Maximus will now be released on March 30, 2013. Expect pre-orders at our site sponsors to be moved back.

Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back

Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back

Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back

Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back
Credit(s): Cybergundam

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438752)
Posted by Arctorro on November 9th, 2012 @ 8:50pm CST

Edit: BBTS has updated Soundwave.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438753)
Posted by megatronus on November 9th, 2012 @ 9:01pm CST
Sigh.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438756)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 9th, 2012 @ 9:09pm CST
Yeah, I too REALLY need time to save up for these guys, so I'm fine with this.

I do sympathize with everyone who wanted 'em ASAP, and hope this isn't due to potential QC issues.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438764)
Posted by xyl360 on November 9th, 2012 @ 9:27pm CST
I'm a bit disappointed in not getting Soundwave as soon (I was REALLY looking forward to him), but at the same time, with so many things I've got on preorder for November and December, this will help a lot to give my wallet a bit of a break.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438774)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 9th, 2012 @ 9:42pm CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:Yeah, I too REALLY need time to save up for these guys, so I'm fine with this.

Ditto! But this won't bug me one bit, it's only postponing the envitable of making Fortress Max mine...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438775)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on November 9th, 2012 @ 9:48pm CST
Yes! It is a sign for me to have more time saving up for fort max. :D haha.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438784)
Posted by mongrel on November 9th, 2012 @ 10:25pm CST
Maybe this means that some of the feedback about paint QC on Lambor actually DID make it to somebody in management. Here's to hoping the delay means a respectable quality Masterpiece fig.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438787)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 9th, 2012 @ 10:38pm CST
I am guessing that unless the "early bird" option was a means to getting it a month early, I will be getting mine in April. Fine by me, since I am both reorganizing the way I collect and what series I hope to collect. :-B

Plus, seeing how I passed on "Masterpiece" Soundwave for "Encore" Soundblaster, I think I will use that money to get "GT" Star Saber. That, and "Gutto" Ginrai if somebody here thinks it is worth owning. :-?

gavinfuzzy wrote:Yes! It is a sign for me to have more time saving up for fort max. :D haha.

I seriously hope you get it, dude. From the translations I have done, both e-HOBBY and Toy Hobby have listed this as a 25th anniversary-based limited release. So unless they were offering a limited "early bird" release, try to preorder it soon. Because this might see the fate that Predaking's first reissue faced.

So my hope with him is that you will be :KREMZEEK: and neither :BANG_HEAD: and/or :sad: in the end. ;)^
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438790)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 9th, 2012 @ 10:47pm CST
I'd rather see a delayed arrival with decent QC than a rushed shipment that arrives with piss-poor paint jobs.

Besides, I could always use some more time to save up on my fig funds.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438796)
Posted by omega666 on November 9th, 2012 @ 11:23pm CST
I am ok with this. Give my wallet a chance to rest.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438810)
Posted by zodconvoy on November 10th, 2012 @ 1:53am CST
I'm so glad to have the extra month! While if I were getting MP Soundwave for Christmas I'd be pissed but there was no way to have funding ready for it and do Christmas presents.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438815)
Posted by zebanshee on November 10th, 2012 @ 2:33am CST
Arctorro wrote:Soundwave was going to be my Christmas present to myself, but some extra saving time is good as well, so not too worried.

funny thing is i was going to do the same but now i get to make it a birthday gift to myself since it comes out the same day :KREMZEEK: :CON: :grin: :lol:
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438819)
Posted by RhA on November 10th, 2012 @ 2:45am CST
My wallet can rest easy for now.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438825)
Posted by CBratetron on November 10th, 2012 @ 3:43am CST
The same as everyone else in this topic, my wallet is glad for the temporary stay of execution but I wonder.

Does this mean MP-15 & 16 (the cassettes) are also pushed back?
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438828)
Posted by Anonymous on November 10th, 2012 @ 4:06am CST
For once I'm happy a toy (fort max) is late. I sure could use the extra saving time with all the awesome stuff Mr. Takara has been giving us these last few months.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438831)
Posted by Anonymous on November 10th, 2012 @ 4:41am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:

Kuma, did they say anything else about any other potential 25th anniversary masterforce releases?
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438834)
Posted by alldarker on November 10th, 2012 @ 4:45am CST
Darn... Paid for Fortress Maximus already (through Anime-Export). Ah well, I can wait. Living in Europe, and getting him directly from Japan means I'm probably getting him quite a bit earlier than the (regular) BBTS orders would arrive here anyhow.

Soundwave is more annoying, because he's my current PoL hold-up... And that's a PoL which still contains my Encore Sounblaster and Twincast! But there, the delay in paying for that arriving pre-order is indeed a plus during the expensive holiday season.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438843)
Posted by Arctorro on November 10th, 2012 @ 6:27am CST
zebanshee wrote:

lol Nice! The new release date is about three weeks early to be a birthday present for me #-o :D
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438844)
Posted by Xephon0930 on November 10th, 2012 @ 6:27am CST
I didn't have enough money at this moment to begin with so no worries.
Re: Delayed! MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Moved Back (1438871)
Posted by Hotrodimust on November 10th, 2012 @ 10:19am CST
Ya it kinda sucks we have to wait a little longer but like everyone else I can save some more cash. Because the MP line Prime line FOC/Generations line and a bunch of 3rd party have had my wallet doing magic tricks with my money and only the disappearing act no reappearing lol.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Robots in Disguise Mega Optimus Prime Ages 5+ Hasbro Toy Fun Gift - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 28 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Generations 2 Fall Of Cybertron Bruticus 5-Pack NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 17 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers ACTION FIGURE, Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Pack TRANSFORMER - Time Remaining: 8 days 2 hours 47 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers The Movie Rescue Ratchet Voyager Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Dark Of The Moon Crankcase DLX Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 3 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Dark Of The Moon Arcee DLX Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 3 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Generations Sergeant Kup DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 21 days 7 hours 18 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Axor DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 48 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory