Device Label Blaster - Canceled?

Transformers News: Device Label Blaster - Canceled?

Thursday, November 12th, 2009 7:33AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Mach   Views: 22,639

According to Japanese Transformers News Blog - Autobase Aichi, the Device Label Blaster (USB Hub) has been cancelled.
This product is initially schedule to be released on September 09, and delay until December 2009. Now we get the news that this product has been cancelled. Many Japanese toy shops has also suspended the pre-order for this product.

Device Label Blaster - Cancel!?

We hope to get confirmation from Takara Tomy soon, and we will bring you the latest development when it is available.

See original post (japanese) from Autobase Aichi.

Stay tuned to Seibertron for all your latest news on Transformers.
Credit(s): Autobase Aichi
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019368)
Posted by Swindle01 on November 12th, 2009 @ 7:44am CST
great! just great! the best Blaster toy that comes out in FOREVER and it gets cancelled!? geez thanks alot Takara
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019369)
Posted by Sid Burn on November 12th, 2009 @ 7:57am CST
So much for a classics blaster stand in.

sucks.
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019370)
Posted by Forgotten on November 12th, 2009 @ 7:58am CST
I don't see why they would cancel it, they had to spend a fortune in development. And it works, i've seen a prototype with the electronics installed function(speeds were not quite usb2.0, but higher than 1.1). This just doesn't make any sense. Maybe they're just going to release it under another name aside from Blaster and we'll still get the figure, like they said they were canceling the Dinobot mouse, but instead just renamed it. Here's hoping.

I think it would look excellent in Soundblaster decor, or even Twincast.
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019372)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on November 12th, 2009 @ 8:08am CST
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019373)
Posted by El Duque on November 12th, 2009 @ 8:09am CST
Seriously!? This sucks, one of my most anticipated figures. I didn't even realize he could hold a G1 cassette until this post, now I want him even more!
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019374)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on November 12th, 2009 @ 8:13am CST
Nooooo! Say it isn't so! :sad:
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019379)
Posted by Primus C-00 on November 12th, 2009 @ 8:58am CST
GreenLantern of Cybertron wrote:Well from the look of this image, its possible they may be going with Soundwave/Soundblaster instead:

Yush Please!
8-}
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019381)
Posted by Mkall on November 12th, 2009 @ 9:02am CST
Oh for *BLEEP* sakes
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019383)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 12th, 2009 @ 9:10am CST
Punch is doubtful of this, Counterpunch is in agreement with Punch.
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019395)
Posted by rpetras on November 12th, 2009 @ 9:52am CST
While this would be kind of sad, I'd be OK if they did a Music Label Blaster instead.

Though the ability to hold cassettes is pretty cool.
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019398)
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 12th, 2009 @ 10:03am CST
Noooo! Me want Blaster! :sad:
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019401)
Posted by Requiem Prime on November 12th, 2009 @ 10:08am CST
Oh Noooes!
Functional or not, it's still a darn fine Blaster. Yeah, I would have paid for him. It's not like I haven't overpaid for far lesser figures.

I hope they either bring this guy out or announce a mold for a Universe 3.0 Soundwave/Blaster. It's been too long man. :cry:
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019402)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 12th, 2009 @ 10:11am CST
This definitely needs to be categorized as a rumor too.
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019405)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 12th, 2009 @ 10:22am CST
Dang, hope it's not true, even though I'm not getting it.

Hope they don't turn it into Soundwave, because I don't need one of those. :p
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019408)
Posted by --B-- on November 12th, 2009 @ 10:28am CST
No No No NO NOOO!

I already have a spot set aside for him, and he was the only TF I have been looking forward too since June. I got to preorder it for my birthday. And we have too much Soundwave as it is, don't just release it as Soundwave instead, PLEEEEEASSSEEE!!!

THIS MUST COME OUT SOON!!!

On the lighter side, I guess I'll get my DL Ravage and CC upgrade sooner, as Blaster was the only thing left in my POL that was still a pre-order.

I agree with Punch.
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019422)
Posted by City Commander on November 12th, 2009 @ 11:22am CST
[color=green]*sniff**sniff*

I smell bullshit.

And then I notice a large pot of shit with a wooden spoon in it. [/color]
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019424)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 12th, 2009 @ 11:47am CST
*sigh*

Well, at least we have this guy:
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019425)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 12th, 2009 @ 11:49am CST
No freakin' way. Right after they come out with Ravage and Tigatron?

Here's hoping it's just BS.
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019434)
Posted by AdventPrime on November 12th, 2009 @ 12:18pm CST
Damn, I hope this is a rumor. :-(
If it does turn out to be true though, I wonder what would cause it. Were the Japanese not wanting it as much as we do?
Re: Device Label Blaster - Canceled? (1019439)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 12th, 2009 @ 12:39pm CST
As the saying goes: suspension does not mean cancellation. Knowing Takara, they're just delaying him until after the holidays, looking at the product being put out around that time.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016