Dino Sparkers in Hand Images

Transformers News: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images

Thursday, May 1st, 2014 5:29AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Store News, Auctions
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 31,418

Seibertron member Primeultimus has pointed us in the direction of a US based list of eBay auctions from seller Kokomo Toys, consisting of Dino Sparkers. We don't know whether or not this seller received their stock directly from Hasbro, or if they bought these at a local store, but it's official folks, the street date is being broken all over the place it seems. First in Canada, then Wal*Marts in the US, K-Mart (as seen here), and now sellers on eBay.

We've mirrored the images and provided the link below, so you can see for yourself.

Kokomo Toys

Drift and Slug
Optimus Prime and Grimlock
Bumblebee and Strafe

Transformers News: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images

Transformers News: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images

Transformers News: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images

Credit(s): Kokomo Toys, Primeultimus
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570319)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 1st, 2014 @ 5:30am CDT
Courtesy of Time To Play Magazine (AKA TTPM), we have two rather short, but to the point video reviews of Leader Class figures Grimlock and Optimus Prime. These are the first video reviews for both figures and they give you a pretty good, but slightly rough idea of what to expect with both figures. They've also written more in depth reviews of both figures, which can be read in full at their website.

Click here for Grimlock
Click here for Optimus

Both Grimlock and Optimus, along with the rest of wave 1 (and possibly wave 2), will see release at retail on May 17th. However, some stores have already broken the street date, such as K-Mart, which we reported on here. So keep an eye out, might see them sooner!

We've embedded both videos below:

Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570327)
Posted by Mykltron on May 1st, 2014 @ 5:50am CDT
It took them TWENTY FIVE MINUTES to transform it?! Was that WITH instructions?! They need to play with Transformers more. 8-}
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570329)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 1st, 2014 @ 5:55am CDT
Mykltron wrote:It took them 25 mintues to transform it? They need to play with Transformers more.

Well, they're not used to the magic of robuts, it seems.

Robuts. Tee hee.
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570346)
Posted by Dseptykon13 on May 1st, 2014 @ 7:32am CDT

Does no one else remember seeing this thing saying May 1st? I'm headed to Wal-Mart to check anyway.
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570351)
Posted by mblase75 on May 1st, 2014 @ 7:57am CDT
Nice find. Don't forget that old toys have to go on clearance before new ones can go on the shelves -- yesterday I found Beast Hunters Abominus at my local Target store (Mundelein, IL) for 50% off, and several of the remaining Beast Hunters and Construct-Bots toys were similarly discounted.
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570361)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 1st, 2014 @ 8:36am CDT
Found the Deluxe at the Prattville, AL K-mart:

EDIT: K-Mart would NOT let me purchase them because the system won't ring up items before release and these have a release date of May 17th.
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570364)
Posted by ScottyP on May 1st, 2014 @ 8:49am CDT
May check out Kmart at lunch. Not expecting jack crap, but you never know. There are only two around here now (there were 4 that closed since the last movie, RIP), one of them is garbage but the other is pretty nice, so who knows!
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570366)
Posted by reluctantyouth on May 1st, 2014 @ 8:58am CDT
Sure nice to see that someone did any kind of review on these guys. Out of the box neither look very impressive in my opinion. I'm not going to cancel my preorder with Amazon, but after that look I think the figures will just stay in their respective boxes. The box art is great. >:oP

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570388)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 1st, 2014 @ 10:21am CDT
Mostly gimmick toys, but Deluxe Generations Crosshairs is available:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_ ... Caps%2C328
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570390)
Posted by Spleenzorio on May 1st, 2014 @ 10:24am CDT
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570391)
Posted by Vicalliose on May 1st, 2014 @ 10:30am CDT
It begins...

Is anyone really excited for the new toys? I mean I know there are a lot of you guys here that get excited over anything because you simply collect anything. But even then are you that excited?

It's already made it's mark in stores in my area. TRU and every place else has held off on ordering any of the recent Generations stuff. I'd been waiting for a while and I thought there'd be a plethora of new stuff for me to get when I went out of town, but no such luck. I did manage to get Whirl, Scoop, and the Minicons, one of which had a broken head (combined in-package is a bad idea). But those were single sightings at each store, pure luck on my part. Also there were some old DoTM figures that nobody wants EVERYWHERE just like it's always been.

Thankfully the internet exists or else Rhinox, Cosmos, and everyone else in current/future lines would be impossible for me to get. Still, I'm gonna have to pay extra for them now.

I wish I could say with certainty the next movie will flop, so this horribleness would never happen again. Unfortunately it has Dinobots in it.

Ten outta ten, hundred outta hundred, best picture. :michaelbay:
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570392)
Posted by william-james88 on May 1st, 2014 @ 10:31am CDT
Spleenzorio wrote:Ugh I really don't like that chrome on the dinosaur robut. Its not as bad as I thought but still, chrome on robuts makes them look tacky IMO.

I dont mind the chrome on the robut per say, they are trying to be a bit more movie accurate (though it should be a darker metallic finish). What I do mind is how the chrome finish might wear off, making the figure look a bit more like crap later.

Also I just noticed that I have no clue whether the dinobots will transform or not in the film. Has this been confirmed yet?
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570399)
Posted by william-james88 on May 1st, 2014 @ 10:59am CDT
Vicalliose wrote:It begins...

Yes, I am THAT excited for the toys but it may be an age thing. I dont care for the films much or the movie esthetic on its robots. BUT I love 3 things: complexity, sleek designs, and Dinosaurs transformers. I got my first beast war transformer when I was 8 (that was my second transformer ever, my first was G2 Dreadwing when I was 5 but I didnt know what transformers were then and I just kept him as a robot) and it was Terrasaur. I then got Megatron for Christmas. These were like dreams come true, dinosaurs that became robots, two kinds of toys I liked most.

Though I do marvel at how well these toys were made for their time, I have grown up and started looking for more than just dinosaurs that transform. The movie lines have lead to more complex transformations at a mass retail level which we can now see in the generations figures (Optimus from WFC for instance who has 23 steps). Heck, though I dont like the overly busy movie designs, one of my favourite transformers of all time is Bludgeon from ROTF. Having a tank become a samurai armour with threads acting as leather guards is brilliant. The figure didnt incorporate too much of the movie esthetic (as proven by its use of the mold for other non movie figures) but its engineering came from a need to add complexity to the transformations of movie toys. And now, finally, after all these years, Hasbro has a chance to bring this evolved complexity and skill in design to dinosaurs again. And another samurai at the same time. So I reread what I just wrote and I cannot help but feel excited about these new transformers.

I do not have the budget to buy everything that comes out. I am only interested in well made transformers, who look good in both alt modes, have a sleek design and a somewhat complex transformation (this movie line has the deluxe to leader figures change in 15-19 steps which is better than the average 11 on most beast hunter figures). I am also extremely fond of dinosaur alt modes and samurai robut modes, so this movie line really speaks to me.
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570401)
Posted by ScottyP on May 1st, 2014 @ 11:06am CDT
Vicalliose wrote:

Oh man, you don't even know how pumped I am. In a couple weeks, I get to go to the store and buy a whole big ton of Transformers. That doesn't happen much anymore. The past two years has been this slow trickle of new releases - a thing here, a MP there, maybe a wave of 4 over yonder, but that's it. Movie releases are the one time I can go to the store and buy like 20 things at once, and that excites me to no end. That's like a whole day (a Saturday no less!) of opening boxes, putting up a shelf of entirely brand new molds, throwing away boxes, probably drinking to excess, and just not acting my age. That excites me. I'm a grown up, I don't get to be dumb but for a few times a year.

As for the toys themselves, there's a lot to not be excited about. However, the "Generations" part of the line looks good, and the "Power Battlers" are just Fast Action Battlers renamed, and that was a line I found fun. I hate that Cyberverse is over, but at least Kreo is ongoing. Some of the new Constructbots look neat, I think the smaller scale stuff there may be pretty cool. I can also pick up a few of those one-step guys if I need a small-scale or Activators like experience, though I don't plan on grabbing all of those.

Then there's the promise of a whole summer of releases. There are toys that will come out within the next 12-20 weeks that we probably haven't even heard of yet. Store exclusives, multi-packs, random repaints for no reason, Platinum series stuff, heck even the SDCC exclusives we don't know about - bottom line, it's gonna be one hell of a summer. Not to mention Botcon.

And more movie toy sales will result in more "Classics" style Generations stuff being easier to get over the next little stretch. Sure, it'll be a temporary jump, but if all retailers see is that "Transformers" are selling they won't care so much what's in the box. I have no worries about finding Rattrap/Crosscut/Arcee/etc. in store; they're scheduled so close to the movie for release that they will find a home on shelves.

Unless of course the movie bombs, but I think they're doing enough different that it won't. I don't think it's going to be a runaway success like 2007's movie, but I do think it'll do much better than Dark of the Moon.

tl;dr Yep, I'm excited.
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570406)
Posted by Va'al on May 1st, 2014 @ 11:23am CDT
Excited? Me? You betcha.

More beasties are always a good thing, and so far Scorn and even Slug and Grimlock scratch my plastic itch! :D
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570410)
Posted by william-james88 on May 1st, 2014 @ 11:27am CDT
Va'al wrote:Excited? Me? You betcha.

Scorn is also my most anticipated of the dinosaurs.
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570412)
Posted by Va'al on May 1st, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Va'al wrote:Excited? Me? You betcha.

Scorn is also my most anticipated of the dinosaurs.

I am *really* curious about Slash and Strafe, we've not seen enough of them.

And I heard rumours about possibly there being more, in some form or other.. :-?
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570422)
Posted by It Is Him on May 1st, 2014 @ 11:47am CDT
Va'al wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Va'al wrote:Excited? Me? You betcha.

Scorn is also my most anticipated of the dinosaurs.

I am *really* curious about Slash and Strafe, we've not seen enough of them.

Do go on...
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570426)
Posted by Va'al on May 1st, 2014 @ 12:00pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:
Va'al wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Va'al wrote:Excited? Me? You betcha.

Scorn is also my most anticipated of the dinosaurs.

I am *really* curious about Slash and Strafe, we've not seen enough of them.

Do go on...

That's all I heard, and I cannot for the life of me remember the source. #-o
Re: Dino Sparkers in Hand Images (1570429)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 1st, 2014 @ 12:06pm CDT
Dseptykon13 wrote:

Just checked Walmart and Target... nothing.

Asked the manager at TRU, he said "May 16 or 17."

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering