Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell"

Transformers News: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell"

Saturday, April 13th, 2013 12:19PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,546

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We have a tiny tidbit of Transformers 4 news from the man himself, director Michael Bay. Coming Soon was in Miami to cover the press junket for Bay's soon to be released film Pain & Gain, and asked if he could give any details on 2014's Transformers 4. While remaining tight lipped it seems he plans to top the freeway chase scene in Transformers: Dark of the Moon with a "Chase from Hell" in the next film.
Credit(s): Coming Soon.net
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478766)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on April 13th, 2013 @ 12:52pm CDT
I loved that scene in dark of the moon and also the one in the first movie where bonecrusher goes thru a bus i got does scenes stiched together i never get tired of watching it and if he says hes gonna top that than i cant wait to see wat he has up hes sleeve :DANCE:
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478790)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 13th, 2013 @ 1:53pm CDT
wake me when the toys get here
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478791)
Posted by noctorro on April 13th, 2013 @ 1:57pm CDT
Be honest people, that scene was freaking awesome

I hope Mr. Bay sticks with the increase of quality from ROTF to DOTM.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478807)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 13th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
Maybe we'll see bots who have multiple altmodes? A car chase that can quickly turn into a dogfight between fighter jets and back again would be awesome and Bay's the only director insane enough to do it. :michaelbay:
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478847)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 13th, 2013 @ 5:39pm CDT
As one who is pretty known around here for disliking the movies, the car chase scene in DOTM was very nice, leading all the way up to the fight between Sideswipe, Ironhide and the cons. Needed more of that all throughout the entire movie. Let it be known that Bay-Haters aren't blind, but willing to accept the good parts.

Chase from Hell sounds like a big demon character chasing you, with demons along the way trying to get in your way. Perhaps a :CON: leader and the minions chasing down an autubot, and killing other autobots along the way. In my mind, the standard is set.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478853)
Posted by YRQRM0 on April 13th, 2013 @ 6:14pm CDT
Yeah, the freeway chase from DOTM and the first film were both great. Hopefully this one will be much longer, akin to the chase in Matrix Reloaded.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478952)
Posted by guarayakha on April 14th, 2013 @ 4:02am CDT
The only way to make a crazier car chase scene is, IMO:
  • Faster
  • Longer
  • Nightime
  • Multiple mid-chase transformations for evasions/attacks
  • Jets
  • Windy roads
  • No mechtech burger-flip BS- at 2m49s
  • No screaming drivers
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478955)
Posted by Va'al on April 14th, 2013 @ 4:08am CDT
I only hope they upgrade their safety policies and procedures: wouldn't want another accident to happen to extras/stunts.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478956)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 14th, 2013 @ 4:08am CDT
Speaking of car chases, my biggest disapointment in DotM is that there were
no :michaelbay: TRUCK DUEL :michaelbay:
between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Come on, the potencial was there! Even if the reason would be to chase a McGuffin. Instead, we got more human slapsticks.

Sigh...
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478961)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 14th, 2013 @ 4:46am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Speaking of car chases, my biggest disapointment in DotM is that there were
no :michaelbay: TRUCK DUEL :michaelbay:
between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Come on, the potencial was there! Even if the reason would be to chase a McGuffin. Instead, we got more human slapsticks.

Sigh...


I'd have settled for a robot duel that didn't end in 10 seconds like the end of the movie. The first movie had a much better fight, with Megatron forming his cannon dealy.

@guarayakha you don't like the "burger-flip" jump? It reminded me of WFC, so I liked it.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1478992)
Posted by guarayakha on April 14th, 2013 @ 8:35am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
@guarayakha you don't like the "burger-flip" jump? It reminded me of WFC, so I liked it.


I dunno, they just looked weird in that angle, almost toylike. Would've probably be better if Bay didn't abuse the slow motion there, perhaps?
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1479114)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 14th, 2013 @ 3:24pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Speaking of car chases, my biggest disapointment in DotM is that there were
no :michaelbay: TRUCK DUEL :michaelbay:
between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Come on, the potencial was there! Even if the reason would be to chase a McGuffin. Instead, we got more human slapsticks.

Sigh...


I'd have settled for a robot duel that didn't end in 10 seconds like the end of the movie. The first movie had a much better fight, with Megatron forming his cannon dealy.

@guarayakha you don't like the "burger-flip" jump? It reminded me of WFC, so I liked it.


Did you even watch Dark of the Moon? Optimus and Sentinel threw down for a good long time before the fight ended. Now if you were describing RotF's ending (which I'm sure you are) then yeah, that was a disappointment.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1479116)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 14th, 2013 @ 3:27pm CDT
Sentinel, not Megatron. The fight with Sentinel was fine, but when Megatron showed up, it was over. I care more about a Character that they've been using for three straight movies than a newcomer I essentially just met. I wanted to see the 2 age old foes settle things with an oomph, rather than, well, we just used up our CGI budget with Sentinel, so Megatron and prime get nothing. I know we've seen them fight faaairly decently before, but if it was the fight to finally settle things, its completely lame to have it end in seconds.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1479122)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 14th, 2013 @ 3:38pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Sentinel, not Megatron. The fight with Sentinel was fine, but when Megatron showed up, it was over. I care more about a Character that they've been using for three straight movies than a newcomer I essentially just met. I wanted to see the 2 age old foes settle things with an oomph, rather than, well, we just used up our CGI budget with Sentinel, so Megatron and prime get nothing. I know we've seen them fight faaairly decently before, but if it was the fight to finally settle things, its completely lame to have it end in seconds.


The fact Megatron was essentially missing half his face and was all kinds of severely wounded still had more to do with it than shoddy writing. A fight between the two at that point would have been pretty much exactly what you got when Prime killed Megatron. It would be like me beating up a boxer while he's in the hospital after a severe car accident. All the strength in the world doesn't mean crap when you're body just won't work.

And sorry, but if you didn't think Optimus vs Sentinel was a great fight then you're looney. It was far better built up to than either fight from the previous films.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1479132)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 14th, 2013 @ 4:02pm CDT
That analogy would work if you were lying on the ground a strike away from death with a missing arm. Did we forget how effed up prime was when Megatron rolled in to save the day?
These aren't humans we're talking about, as far as we know they could be cats with 9 lives. But the fact is, Megatron came in, took out the tougher foe, and was armed with a gun. It naturally appeared to me, without having to remember Megatron's condition, that prime was almost dead, if not at least on equal footing after the bout with Sentinel. But whatever you wanna think man, you completely ignored the fact that I said the fight with sentinel was decent, so whatever you want to hear/think. I'm not arguing with you on another thread.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1479135)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 14th, 2013 @ 4:09pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:That analogy would work if you were lying on the ground a strike away from death with a missing arm. Did we forget how effed up prime was when Megatron rolled in to save the day?
These aren't humans we're talking about, as far as we know they could be cats with 9 lives. But the fact is, Megatron came in, took out the tougher foe, and was armed with a gun. It naturally appeared to me, without having to remember Megatron's condition, that prime was almost dead, if not at least on equal footing after the bout with Sentinel. But whatever you wanna think man, you completely ignored the fact that I said the fight with sentinel was decent, so whatever you want to hear/think. I'm not arguing with you on another thread.


Yeah it's hard to argue with me when you're wrong all the time. 8)
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1479377)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 15th, 2013 @ 10:27am CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: But whatever you wanna think man, you completely ignored the fact that I said the fight with sentinel was decent, so whatever you want to hear/think. I'm not arguing with you on another thread.


Yeah it's hard to argue with me when you're wrong all the time. 8)


Get your head out of your ass.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1479398)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 15th, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: But whatever you wanna think man, you completely ignored the fact that I said the fight with sentinel was decent, so whatever you want to hear/think. I'm not arguing with you on another thread.


Yeah it's hard to argue with me when you're wrong all the time. 8)


Get your head out of your ass.


And show respect to someone who has shown me zero respect since the moment I met them here for such a trite thing as enjoying the films, who's usual level of discourse is, "You like the films so shut up!"

I think not. :D
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1479448)
Posted by Burn on April 15th, 2013 @ 2:55pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: But whatever you wanna think man, you completely ignored the fact that I said the fight with sentinel was decent, so whatever you want to hear/think. I'm not arguing with you on another thread.


Yeah it's hard to argue with me when you're wrong all the time. 8)


Get your head out of your ass.


This may be the movie forum where people THINK they can disregard the rules and say whatever the hell they want, but that's not the case. Your post is out of line and contributes even less to the original topic of this thread then the rest of the discussion going on.
Re: Director Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 Will Feature a "Chase from Hell" (1480104)
Posted by flyingKnuckleduster on April 18th, 2013 @ 11:27am CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:Maybe we'll see bots who have multiple altmodes? A car chase that can quickly turn into a dogfight between fighter jets and back again would be awesome and Bay's the only director insane enough to do it. :michaelbay:


Triple changers would be good. It would make a very complex battle sequence which would never have been done in cinema. However I've heard these promises before...don't think your fooling me Bay 4th time round hehe. :lol:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014