Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed!

Transformers News: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed!

Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 3:53AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Mach   Views: 50,772

Takara Tomy has revealed the next version of Disney Label Buzz Lightyear - the Christmas Version.
This version is exclusive to 7-Eleven in Japan, and the pre-order starts yesterday (19th October 2010). The product is schedule to be released in early of December 2010.

The toy is spotted with metallic red & green in the paint job, and the it will cost Japanese Yen4200.

Check out original post from Takara Tomy here.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Takara Tomy
Re: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed! (1137764)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 20th, 2010 @ 4:21am CDT
It's totally neat, very festive, but not 4200 yen neat.
A good promotion for the toy story DVD release I'm sure.
I dont think halloween buzz would have looked as good.
Re: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed! (1137785)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on October 20th, 2010 @ 6:58am CDT
How is this figure? I'm thinking of getting the regular version for my 8 year old.
Re: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed! (1137795)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 20th, 2010 @ 7:59am CDT
If only it was more 'robot-y' looking, they may have gotten me. QC on my monochrome Donald makes me say no thanks...
Re: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed! (1137808)
Posted by whacko on October 20th, 2010 @ 8:49am CDT

Re: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed! (1137812)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 20th, 2010 @ 9:15am CDT
Weird. Looks better than the Halloween versions at least.
Re: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed! (1137841)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 20th, 2010 @ 10:44am CDT
[quote]I mean they generally just look bad and developing these toy lines (which don't appear to sell well judging by local store shelves) just takes away from real Transformers. They also don't fit into the "mythos" of either their licensed characters or Transformers. [/quote]

It takes away from real transformers?

Yea..

With the largely divided opinion I've seen of transformers lately, I dont know what a real transformer is anymore. I dont care.
I like what I like, not what other people say is or isn't something.
I like the disney cross overs, actually, I dont care for buzz, he's a pass. I dont care if it fits into the mythos. It certainly fits for donald and mickey, they can do anything, they're cartoons.

Really though, there's no way these are taking from mainline toys. Hating on these for that reason makes no sense. Hate on them because you think they're ugly or what have you, sure, fine.
There is no reason to assume, cause you're making an assumption, that the disney toys or star wars toys being made somehow prevents us from getting other transformers.
If you want to believe transforming buzz, spider-man or anakin skywalker is keeping us from getting a new insecticon toy or something, go ahead, but it makes no sense. These are clearly an added line that does not disrupt the main line.

More things that are transformers only helps transformers.
Re: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed! (1137979)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 20th, 2010 @ 5:00pm CDT
Festive, but not overly done like so many other holiday stuff (looking at you, Halloween Donald... who's knees are looking at me! :shock: ). He could even stay out all year instead of being thrown in the attic with the decorations.
Re: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed! (1138066)
Posted by Anonymous. on October 20th, 2010 @ 10:32pm CDT
The line's novelty and they've seen their fair share of repaints. This one looks legit, but not my cup of tea.
Re: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed! (1145063)
Posted by JETPACK on November 10th, 2010 @ 1:51pm CST
The transformer doesn't sell well - although if they had a U.S. version of the Xmas model, maybe it would. The Jetpack is the big winner for Buzz!
Re: Disney Label Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Christmas Version Revealed! (1145070)
Posted by WarGraver on November 10th, 2010 @ 2:19pm CST
whacko wrote:Am I the only one that has no interest in Transformers crossover products like the Disney, Starwars and Marvel Transformers?

I don't think that Transformers branching out to other franchises is bad in and of itself. The problem comes in when they stop being robots in disguise. A vehicle that turns into a robot that Spider-Man would pilot? Alright. A vehicle that turns into Spider-Man? Horrible. The Spider-Mobile transforming into an Autobot? Fan-bloody-tastic.

Actually, Venom and Hulk are the only crossovers products that I have liked so far, and I think it is because their being bulky makes them look more like robots. They at least demonstrate that the Crossovers line has potential, it just is going in the wrong direction.

Ending Soon On eBay

AFA80NM  Transformers G1 Original Mail Away Reflector 12505 /    100% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 19 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1984 BUZZSAW cassette japan (damage) - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 50 minutes 50 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2013 Generations 30th Titan Class METROPLEX Sealed New 2 FEET TALL! - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 7 minutes 2 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 30th Anniversary Generations IDW Deluxe Arcee & Chromia Lot NEW! - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 22 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers G2 1994 AIR RAID figure superion hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 55 minutes 13 seconds
2002 Transformers Armada Long Package Figure MOC - POWERLINX THRUST - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 55 minutes 17 seconds
2002 Transformers Armada Long Package Figure MOC - CHEETOR Black & Purple - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 58 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers G1 1985 ESTRELA GEARS Brazil complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 45 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016