DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime

Transformers News: DOTM  Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime

Thursday, January 27th, 2011 4:41PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 72,113

TransMY.com user, Onizuka Takahashi, has posted some new images of the upcoming DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime in various poses and a side by side with Voyager BattleBlades Optimus Prime. These are probably the most flattering images of the figure to date.

Forumer Onizuka Takahashi provided more pics of DOTM toys. This time it is the much critisised Voyager Prime. But according to Onizuka, the Voyager feels very sturdy when handled and has more points of articulation compared to Battle Blades Prime. The chest is not a faux cab, instead it is an armor plating covering the cab windows. There are side by side comparison shots for the Primes and also Starscream.

There is also an image of the new Deluxe Starscream posed next to ROTF Breakaway. Nothing all that new, but these do give us a little better idea of the size of the figures in the upcoming line.
Credit(s): Onizuka Takahashi of TransMY.com
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174507)
Posted by toddmitchprime on January 27th, 2011 @ 4:48pm CST
DOTM prime is just bad. Nothing more, nothing less. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174510)
Posted by Stockade on January 27th, 2011 @ 4:51pm CST
Why does the DOTM figures look like their getting smaller and smaller and getting less detail? and im sure price will be going up too and paying alot more for something you get less of!
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174511)
Posted by El Duque on January 27th, 2011 @ 4:51pm CST
I don't know if he's just grown on me or if I've just gotten used to him or what, but I'm actually starting to like him. I think he looks pretty good in these images.
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174512)
Posted by omega666 on January 27th, 2011 @ 4:52pm CST
That is SMALLER than the ROTF figure? Is deluxe the new voyager now?
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174513)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on January 27th, 2011 @ 4:56pm CST
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174517)
Posted by im ruined on January 27th, 2011 @ 5:17pm CST
I'd hate to say it, but I think we are looking at what prime looks like combined with his trailer.
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174519)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 27th, 2011 @ 5:19pm CST
Those pontoon things on Optimus might make good thrusters for leader class Starscream. I might pick it up on sale or something just for that.
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174520)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 27th, 2011 @ 5:26pm CST
Looks like it should be a burger king toy. My theory behind primes look is thats how he looks combined with his trailer. Id really like to know how hasbro has the balls to charges us more and yet make the toys crappier, we all know that the dotm voyagers are going to be around $25 and deluxes will be $13. We're already seeing these price jumps in most stores with the current lines so i doubt hasbro will lower the price when these come out and they're all the rage with the public.
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174530)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on January 27th, 2011 @ 5:50pm CST
Hmm well i dont like the front of the truck been on his arms and what ever them gray fire extinguishers are on his shoulders look crap so does his chest.
Thers not much detail and realy not that much to him worth buying it for,that bb o p looks naff aswell.
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174535)
Posted by alternator77 on January 27th, 2011 @ 6:29pm CST
now thats just depressing :sad: :sad: :sad:

on the bright side ive got a new name for the dotm version
"pontoon prime" :lol: :lol:
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174536)
Posted by chrisc4 on January 27th, 2011 @ 6:31pm CST
despite the hate, i love the dotm toys. i cant wait til they are released! :grin:
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174541)
Posted by xtsaur on January 27th, 2011 @ 6:37pm CST
Before I rant let me say this: I LOVE the Transformers movies and the movieverse toys!

But, this new Optimus Prime is very upsetting to me. Again, not to harp about scale, but this toy isnt even in scale with itself!!! look at the fake wheels on the back portion of his thigh... yeah those tiny little fake gray wheels... they are out of scale with the wheels on feet.. *sigh :BANG_HEAD:

No offense but if they are gonna half ass this then I feel responsible to call them out on it. This toy is not good. If Hasbro is not gonna do a better job on the Leaderclass & Voyager Prime, then please just re-release the old toys and save these new molds for different Transformers. It really irritates me that we get 10 Bumblebees and 10 Primes, while we have yet to receive a decent Blackout Toy, or any Scrappers & Hightowers. Hasbro, do the right thing, make all of the Constructicons, it absolutely drives me nuts that we get Transformers movieverse toys that arent even in the movies, but Hightower and Scrapper, among others are not!

Send this Prime back to Hasbro, melt it down and make Constructicons!!! ALL HAIL MEGATRON! :CON:
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174543)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on January 27th, 2011 @ 6:45pm CST
I must say, I kinda like this new Voy OP. Certainly different, and the giant weapons look kinda cool in an overkill sort of way. Shame he has the high crotch problem as Battle Blades OP, I think that's my biggest complaint. I'll buy him.

I wonder how screen-accurate this mold is, recall that Prime was going to be changed slightly.

EDIT- xtsaur is right about the fake wheels, that's pure fail. Not enough for me to hate this figure, but still fail.
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174545)
Posted by dirk2243 on January 27th, 2011 @ 6:51pm CST
Lord Onixprime wrote:DotM is such a step backward. Worse then the original movie line in terms of engineering. I mean, RotF leader Optimus is one of the best engineered figured I own. Other RotF figures share the same quality. These figures have been chunky and far less intricate. So far the only figures I'm buying, for the character more than anything, is Ironhide and Shockwave.

So...the first movie line was a lot of Energon re-deco's, (stongarm, wingblade, etc, etc) ROTF was seeing how many repaints we could get people to buy, and DOTM is mostly Blah, with the exception of Shockwave and a few others.

However I do like his poses in those pics.
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174546)
Posted by 009* on January 27th, 2011 @ 6:51pm CST
I heard on the TFW boards that Hasbro's simplifying the new toys after getting complaints from parents that their kids can't play with the ROTF toys too well because of their complexity.

As much as we like the complexity, these are kids toys after all.
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174548)
Posted by Baha08 on January 27th, 2011 @ 6:54pm CST
The engineering looks like what Transformers Prime's toyline should be.

Hopefully the Leader Class figures (We can hope Optimus, Megatron, Shockwave) will be better engineered.
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174550)
Posted by Bogard on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:04pm CST
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174551)
Posted by Baha08 on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:05pm CST
Bogard wrote:Sadly, it looks as if they're dumbing down most of the figures to compensate for the oversized weapons. I have little to no confidence in this line so far.

I don't even get the weapons, I mean the concept is cool but really? You can't think of better weapons Hasbro? I mean Barricade looks like he's carrying a huge rake
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174552)
Posted by Mykltron on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:10pm CST
The figure is shorter but the legs are longer. They've put fake wheels on the thighs with no paint apps. It looks cheap n nasty. I hate it. It has he aesthetic of a toy designed for a three year old.
Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime side by side with BattleBlades Optimus Prime (1174603)
Posted by Kingpun on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:57pm CST
I'm shocked that he's smaller than Battle Blades Optimus too. I thought for sure he'd be up scaled. Must meen Ironhide and Shockwave are pretty short too.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS ROTF GLOBAL ALLIANCE  BUMBLEBEE MOC - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 46 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS CYCLONUS, SILVERBOLT AND HOT SPOT, ALL UNOPENED - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 1 minute 54 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS SKY CLAW WITH SMOKESCREEN  MINT IN BOX - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 31 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Generations Leader Class Combiner Wars-STARSCREAM - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 17 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers CW Combiner Wars Voyager Class Combaticon Onslaught MISB - Time Remaining: 13 days 8 hours 6 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers CW Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Combaticon Brawl MOSC - Time Remaining: 27 days 10 hours 25 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers CW Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound MOSC - Time Remaining: 20 days 9 hours 26 minutes 17 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Prime Micron AM13 Medic Knock Out Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 27 minutes 22 seconds
Website Security Test