Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images

Transformers News: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 9:58AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,738

Thanks to scans from the latest issue of Dengeki Hobby we have confirmation that Dual Model kit line is being resurrected for Transformers: Age of Extinction. Below we have prototype images of DMK03 Lost Age Optimus Prime, if other characters will get this treatment remains to be seen. Image below courtesy of TAG Hobby.

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread
Credit(s): TAG Hobby
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1585767)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 25th, 2014 @ 4:30pm CDT
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1585856)
Posted by TimothyR on June 26th, 2014 @ 1:34am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Not sure how I feel about the Dual Model kit. I read many reports of tabs and pegs breaking off in crucial areas.

don't let a few reports fool you.. DMK's are the GREATEST thing that EVER happened to the movie characters.

DMK prime is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE piece of merch from the movies.. out of all of the toys, games, and whatever else, DMK prime is EASILY the best. hands down.

if it was possible, i wish they made DMK's for every character. and my entire movie collection could be displayed like this.

it will never happen, but it'd be a dream come true.

as for this prime.. i'm SOOO happy that it's just about the same size as the previous DMK prime. and it'll definitely be standing in my collection in place of AOE leader prime.

i just wish this thing was more accurate/more detailed. it looks like there's going to be far less parts on this than the previous version had, which is a shame because putting DMK prime together was VERY fun.

but still, i can't wait to get this, and i can't wait to see the finished/colored version.. i can't wait to see all of the chrome in the right places lol.
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586006)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 26th, 2014 @ 3:02pm CDT
I wonder if it'll be the same frame as the first Prime kit
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586109)
Posted by TimothyR on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:46pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I wonder if it'll be the same frame as the first Prime kit

judging by the shoulders, the shoulder/torso connection, the shoulder/bicep connection, the pistons on the hip connections, and the elbows.. it looks like it's either the same or VERY similar.

i'm so excited for this.. i REALLY REALLY hope we get another autobot and AT LEAST one bad guy.. namely lockdown.

i'd be happy with prime and drift, lockdown and stinger... or lockdown and galvatron.

also, it'd be REALLY REALLY REALLY AWESOME to get a couple of the dinobots in scale.. in their dino modes... or hell, even their robot modes would be cool.

i just love these things and wish there were more.
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586126)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 27th, 2014 @ 12:57am CDT
TimothyR wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I wonder if it'll be the same frame as the first Prime kit

i just love these things and wish there were more.

Maybe possibly Drift? Although if they do another one it'll probably be Bumblebee
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586300)
Posted by El Duque on June 27th, 2014 @ 9:55pm CDT
Waste Management have updated their Instagram account with a render of Junkheap in robot mode. Junkheap is a collaborative effort between Hasbro and Waste Management who will be receiving his own Power Battlers figure and makes a brief appearance in Transformers: Age of Extinction. Check out the render mirrored below:

[quote]You'll never see your collection truck the same again… Introducing JUNKHEAP: a rear-loader from our very own fleet! Watch him in action in #TRANSFORMERS: AGE EXTINCTION, out today in theaters! #WMtransformation[/quote]

Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586304)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 27th, 2014 @ 10:11pm CDT
Then again, he/they were there for a split second...[/spoiler]
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586337)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 28th, 2014 @ 12:07am CDT
...And the aptly named, "Sir Barely Appearing in this Film".
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586357)
Posted by triKlops on June 28th, 2014 @ 1:11am CDT
Weirdly looking forward to this one coming out; same feeling as Dispensor.
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586368)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 28th, 2014 @ 2:43am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:[spoiler]Isn't he really 3 guys? I got the impression the garbage truck split into 3 separate bots, like Reflector.
Then again, he/they were there for a split second...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]yes I saw it too, and Drift is a triple-changer, to bad he wasn't springer... I love this movie so much[/spoiler]
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586381)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 28th, 2014 @ 4:04am CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:
Then again, he/they were there for a split second...[/spoiler]

I wonder if one could mod the deluxe toy just a bit to give him that 3rd form?
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586469)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 28th, 2014 @ 3:47pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
BERSEKAEL wrote:
Then again, he/they were there for a split second...[/spoiler]

I wonder if one could mod the deluxe toy just a bit to give him that 3rd form?

I doubt it since there's a ton of car parts involved.
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586694)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 29th, 2014 @ 6:27pm CDT
Age Of Extinction is now in theaters and with each new Transformers film, comes a slew of new Bumblebees. You've already seen High Octane Bumblebee at retail, but we've only seen the new concept Camaro Bumblebee in images with incorrect transformations and odd proportions.

Well, thanks to fellow TF fans Daim Choc and his buddies SiuGui Mok and Oscar Fung, we now have in hand images of the upcoming concept Camaro Bumblebee as seen in Age Of Extinction. Not only do we get to see the correct transformation, we also get to see all of his included gimmicks!

His featured gimmicks are as follows:
Flip out arm cannon
Flip down battle mask
Plus he comes with the spiked throwing stars we've seen in promotional images and on the CGI renders of both Bumblebee and the KSI Stinger.

He also comes packed with Generations Legends Bumblebee in a new deco and a re-purposed and redeceod Mech Tech weapon from the Dark Of The Moon toyline. You'll notice this Bumblebee has unpainted arms, while official images and the figure on display at BotCon are painted. As with previous Evolution releases, the included figure is the same as the wide release figures.

The Evolution 2-Packs are exclusive to Toys R Us stores and these first two sightings have occurred in Hong Kong. As previous releases show us, it's usually anywhere from 10 days to about 3 weeks before these items make their debut in US stores, so it won't be too much longer of a wait.

We've mirrored the images below:

Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586700)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 29th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
That's certainly better looking than it was. Looks like some good articulation for poseability, plus I can dig a return to integrated arm cannons, especially when there's no where to store it in vehicle mode.

Funny how they still can't find something better to do with the hood/window kibble. Also, it's just occurred to me that BB doesn't have door-wings with the new design, just these ninja star things.

Also funny how he, in the movie, responds to being better than the "superior" Stinger model... by changing form into looking exactly like him. Oh well, it'll make the Stinger remold easier.
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586703)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 29th, 2014 @ 6:50pm CDT
Methinks the photographer could've cut back a little...

Too bad he's such a blatant shell-former, though I assume they're going to re-shell it for Stinger. Which strikes me as a weird concept, two identical bots with two different-but-kinda-the-same alt modes (i.e. they're both cars, it's not like one's a plane or something).
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586710)
Posted by RAcast on June 29th, 2014 @ 7:10pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Methinks the photographer could've cut back a little...

Stinger is, I assume intentionally, very Cliffjumper-esque.

As for the Bee? I'm actually really impressed. Might have to pick this one up after all.
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586711)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2014 @ 7:15pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Methinks the photographer could've cut back a little...

Stinger is, I assume intentionally, very Cliffjumper-esque.

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I agree: I'm tempted to pick him up as well. Out of the hundreds of movie-verse Bumblebees they pumped out in the past seven years, I've only gotten two: the first Camaro Concept Deluxe from 2007, and the Human Alliance figure. I've fought long and hard fighting the Yellow Plague, but so far, the Age of Extinction Camaro Concept Deluxe, the Human Alliance, and the Battle Blades figures are the best 'Bees there are.
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586715)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 29th, 2014 @ 7:58pm CDT
I kinda want this more for the legends Bumblebee than the deluxe, he and legends Clffjumper will look great on my classcs shelf
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586716)
Posted by HiddenElephant on June 29th, 2014 @ 8:46pm CDT
I have to admit, I'm finding it more and more interesting that Hasbro is including waists with peg-holes in them to support being put on a stand. Scorn has it, Strafe has it, it only too me to find the peg-hole on the dino-jaw for Voyager Grimlock.......
Re: Dual Model Kit Transformers: Age of Extinction Optmus Prime Prototype Images (1586720)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 29th, 2014 @ 9:12pm CDT
the more complicated the AOE robot designs are the more simplified the transformations of the toys get!!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering